Chapter Sixty Two- Now or Never

Claire's POV

"Claire, what's wrong?" Leon asked as he kept his gaze on Wesker who walked ahead of us, Jill and Chris just a few feets behind.

I had no idea that I was that transparent. Sometimes I wish I was just like Wesker and could mask my emotions so easily.

"Nothing" was this best lie I could come up with and Leon didn't quite buy it.

His face said it all.

"Claire I know you better than that, whenever we had an argument that's the way you behaved. You avoid" was what he told me.

He was right and sometimes I forget that we were friends before we became lovers. I glanced at Ada who was behind me, Ada oblivious to the whole thing as she looked around for possible threats.

I stopped, pretending to tie my lace so that Ada could be before us. Once she was I straight again, my eyes fell on Leon.

"He touched her Leon" was all I could give on the softest tone I had.

Leon, not as smart as I had hoped stared at me, his brow up a couple centimeters. Oh come on Kennedy.

"Touched who?" He asked and I felt like doing one out of two things; smack him or face palm myself.

I felt like doing both.

"Damn it Leon" I frowned and the dirty blonde only scratched his hair.

"What Claire?" He asked and I stared at the woman dressed in a red pants suit and matching heels.

"Oh" and it was clear that Leon now figured out who was the female I was referring to. Well about time Kennedy.

"I find this hard to believe Claire, Wesker is the type of man that would fuck himself before touching another woman" Leon told me and I stared oddly.

What?!

"That's disgusting" I carried on and he shrugged.

"But you get what I was going at" he stated and I shook my head at him.

"Leon I only turned my back just to get a kit for that woman and in the same breath she was all over my husband" I told Leon and I held my arm, stopping me.

"Kit?" He questioned.

"For her leg, she was injured after she crashed the trailer transporting us as a stunt. Chris and Wesker had to carry her to the wreck you guys found us in" was what I told him and he stared.

"You caught them kissing?" He asked and I sat on a rock, the rock a bit cold against my rear.

"His finger was inside her Leon" at that point I broke, my eyes moist as I stared into gray eyes.

"I don't...Wesker doesn't like Ada that way. I'm sure there is a logical..."

"A logical what?" I asked.

"Explanation" he finished softly.

When I tried to speak sobs left my lips instead, Leon giving my hand a gentle squeeze as he pulled me up.

We were walking again, my hands drying my eyes.

"Don't cry, not here at least" he told me.

"Leon..."

"It hurts but don't" he told me.

"I was just a room away" I told him.

"Claire let me be blunt with you, Wesker loves you and for the time you two met until now, he has never looked at another woman. While I still feel some sort of hurt when he took you from me, I say hold onto him. He loves you" Leon told me as we approached a lake.

I blinked because there must be someone here with the ability to fly or walk on water.

"Fuck" was Wesker only word, Ada looking around wildly. Well those weren't the ones with the ability.

"So where is the boat?" She asked and he stared ahead.

"When you find it do alert me Miss Wong" And when he said that Ada made a face.

"You can be a bastard sometimes" she hissed.

"With pleasure" was his remark and Ingrid suppressed her laughter with her fingers.

She then cleared her throat.

"We'll have to swim across, we don't have much time" Ingrid stated with her hand on her ear piece.

"The infection is spreading and rather fast" she informed us, Jill's eyes going wide.

Racoon city was only the begining " she stated. Her eyes then fell on the lake.

"And we should swim in that cold water?" Jill asked and Chris gazed wildly.

"While you are worried about the temperature I'm worried about what's in it" Chris told her and I wondered on that thought.

Regular crocodiles were bad enough but infected crocodiles sounded even worst. Heck, infected fish could be waiting for us.

"I don't think..." And Leon's shirt was off before I could finish after which he stuffed the garment into his bag pack.

Chris and Jill followed Leon's example. Ada was a bit hesitant as she gazed at the water, our biggest fear being what the hell was in that water.

"I really don't like this" Stanley stated as he removed his shirt, Ingrid following her lover's example.

Wesker's eyes fell on me and I knew exactly what he was thinking. The fact that he gazed between Leon and I was enough.

I removed my top that leaving me in my shorts and bra. I could feel two pair of eyes taking me and I simply focused on removing a watch from my wrist.

"So who goes first?" Ada asked and Wesker smiled.

"How nice of you to volunteer Miss Wong" he remarked and Ada stepped aside.

"Volunteer my ass" she remarked.

Wesker was the last to remove his top and the first to enter the water. His face was strict once again.

"The water lies dormant because it is heavy in pollution" Wesker told us.

"And you want us to get in that?" Chris asked.

"There is a fall on the other side, we can erase what our bodies collected there" Wesker stated.

"Well that's good enough for me" Jill stated as she got in, only to get out in the same speed.

"Damn it, it's freezing and smells like shit" Jill stated as her lips trembled while she hugged herself.

"We don't have much time!" Ingrid stated as she and Stanley hopped in. Leon and I followed.

"Come on" chris stated as he and jill got in followed by the others.

Been a while right?

Do vote and comment ;)