Part - 38

I am in love with my Nandini!!!

Really am I?

I don't know just that am I really in love?

Is this is what Love is?

But why was this happening with Nandini? What did Nandini do to deserve this?

She is one of the purest soul I have met in my life. I don't think so she have ever thought bad about anyone.

Then that shot!!

Who can it be?

Tears started spilling out from my eyes which I have been controlling so far thinking about her pale face.

I came out from my trance then only as I saw that lady coming out from room where Nandini was lying... I run towards her and bombarded her with my questions "Is she all right? Nothing had happened to her right? Is she conscious now? Can I meet her?"

"Calm down son... I have treated her wounds and you are lucky that the bullet was just passed through her arm but her body is cold and numb. We have to wait for tomorrow." said the lady patiently..

"Wait for tomorrow? She is going to be alright... Right!!" asked Manik hoping to get a good news..

"Don't worry son!! Hope everything would be alright till tomorrow.." said the lady consoling him..

"Hope everything would be alright means?? Is there any problem? " asked Manik..

"I can't say anything until she get conscious.. We have to wait for tomorrow morning" said the lady..

"I can't sit and wait for tomorrow morning if anything happened to her then what would I do??" said Manik being scared.. He covered his face with his hands... "I.... I have to rushed her to nearby hospital.. Yes!! I have to" continued Manik and was rushing to her room...

But Albert stopped him and said "I don't think so that would be a good idea.. I have just went outside and saw that snow is falling... It would not be good for both of you to go outside at this moment of time..."

The lady nodded and said "Son, that would be risky for that girl, already her body temperature is low and if you go outside then I am scared she would not able to cope up with that temperature... Moreover, hospital is not near to this area you don't know how much time it would take you to reach to hospital plus you too are wounded. Do you think you would be able to manage all this? It would be good to stay here..." said the lady trying to make him understand..

I thought over this and they were saying right. Nandani's body is already cold and it would be more risky to go outside at this moment of time. I just nodded silently and entered in the room where Nandani was lying...

When I entered the room I saw one corner of the room was having firewood which was lightened so as to keep room warm.

Then my eyes fell on Nandini, her petite frame lying on bed with no emotions on her face. Her arm was bandaged properly. I had to resist the urge to stop the tears that were brimming in my eyes as I dropped my knees beside the table..

Her eyes were closed and she was laying still.

"Nandani!" I whispered gripping the edge of the bed. But no response!!!

"Nandu!" I said once more... But then also no response...

I started carenessing her forehead with my left hand and my right hand was holding her cold hand..

"You try your ways to irritate me alot!!!" I said in complaining tone looking at her..

"Tum na meri koi bat nhi sunti.. Bss jab dekho apni marzi k krti ho.. Bola tha maine na we should not do any adventure and we should be together but nhi tum mera kehna maan jao ek baar mai ye kaise ho skta h.." I continued while entwining her fingers with mine...