(2) - discussing the plan

Draco and Hermione sat opposite eachother in the Malfoy manor. It had been a week and they both went back to Hogwarts every day, but Draco dragged Hermione along to the manor every night. Hermione's official initiation was in about four-five weeks until she got her dark mark, and she was hoping the day would never come.

Draco and Hermione were in the dining room, sat on the table facing eachother. Lucius Malfoy had told them both to have a weekly meeting about the plans on fixing the vanishing cabinet, but they had nothing. They sat there in silence for ten whole minutes. Draco kept looking at the floor, stroking his chin as if he was deep in thought, and he probably. Hermione was also thinking of ways to fix it, but she really didn't want to! She didn't want the death eaters to invade Hogwarts.

Hermione finally looked up at Draco. Draco noticed her look at him and looked up at her too, Hermione leant forward on the table so she could speak to Draco more seriously. But it was just a random question that she was going to ask.

"When did you get your... Mark?" Hermione asked quietly.

"Umm... At the start of this year.. I don't mean to sound rude, but i think you should go back to your old life with Potter and Weasel so you can forget about ever having to deal with the horrible consequences of being a.. Death eater... Why did you want to be one of these.. Things!!?" Draco questioned.

"It wasn't my decision!! They would've killed my parents if I didn't!" Hermione shouted dramatically. Draco immediately shut up. He didn't know that Hermione's family's lives were at risk, he regret asking at all.

"So... What are we going to do about the vanishing cabi--" Draco was cut off by Hermione firing another question at him.

"Is it true that Voldemort has asked you to kill Dumbledore, out of the rest of the death eaters!?"

"Yeah, so what? I'm not a coward, Granger! I'd kill him if it means making my lord proud!" Draco hissed.

"I know you don't mean that, Malfoy... Trust me, I know.." Hermione mumbled so her voice was only just audible.

"How do you know!? You barely know me! So don't act so comforting and nice all of a sudden, okay!? I said I can do this! It's just.. Not how I thought my life would go! You know.. Killing one of the greatest wizards of all time!" Draco muttered.

"I know much more than you think, Malfoy! I was forced into becoming one of these.. Things! My life will never be the same just because I'm trying to save my family! And, because of our lord, my parents are still trapped down in those terrible dungeons of yours, and i can't do anything to get them out!" Hermione sobbed, holding back tears.

Draco felt bad for Hermione. They sat there in silence for a bit, and all that was heard was Hermione's soft sobs that echoed around the room every now and then. Draco finally spoke up.

"So what are we going to do about killing Dumbledore?"

"Um..." Hermione stroked her chin, trying to think of a plan, even though she really didn't want to kill the best headmaster Hogwarts ever had, but Hermione didn't want to risk her own life too. She continued. "How about.... A cursed piece of jewellery?" Hermione suggested. After seeing Draco's amazed expression on his face, Hermione smirked proudly at her suggestion.

"Okay, good. We'll try that first! If that doesn't work, we only have until the end of the year until our mission will have to be completed. When shall we do this plan then?" Draco explained.

"We?"

"Yes, we! I need your help on this, Granger. Your a lot smarter than I am."

"Okay fine. How about we start some time in October! Just before Halloween when almost everyone has left Hogwarts to go home for the holidays! Well.. Cos i can't exactly go home as my parents are locked in that stupid dungeon of yours! And.. Voldemort.. Wants me to stay at Hogwarts too." Hermione stated. Draco nodded, then Hermione continued. "What necklace will we use?" She asked.

"Oh, I know." Draco jumped from his chair and ran into a different room and came back with a beautiful, delicate necklace in his hands. He laid it down on the table.

"It's beautiful. Who's is it? Just because.. I'm guessing it's not yours." Hermione chuckled jokingly. Draco tried his hardest not to chuckle.

"My mother and father found it in borgin and Burke's! They, for some reason, thought it would be useful to buy. I guess they were right." Draco stated, watching Hermione investigate the necklace. It was a magnificent necklace of greenish blue opals! Hermione looked up after investigating the necklace to speak to Draco.

"Okay, here's what we are going to do.. W--" Hermione was interrupted by Draco cutting in.

"Not meaning to be rude or anything, Granger, but who made you in charge of this mission!?" Draco groaned childishly.

"Well then I guess you won't need my help!" Hermione retaliated, getting ready to stand up and apparate back to hogsmeade so she can enter Hogwarts.

"No! Wait! I need your help! Carry on with what you are saying!" Draco yelled.

"Fine! Meet me in the three broomsticks on October 12, that is in about a week. I will give you a signal, and when I do, you will have to slip into the girls bathrooms! S--" Hermione was cut off again.

"The girls bathrooms? Really!?"

"Yes! Now shut it!"

"But what's the signal then?"

"I dunno!! Probably just a thumbs up or a nod of the head or something!"

"What time will we meet?"

"Shut up, Malfoy! I was just about to explain so stop interrupting me!!" Hermione hissed, making Draco grumpily shut up.

"Now, once we are both in the bathrooms, we will curse madame Rosmerta with the... Imperious curse. It's the only way! Then, with her under the curse, she will hand the cursed necklace over to Dumbledore and DONE! He'll be... Dead..." Hermione explained, sobbing slightly near the end.

"Now I go back to my previous question!! What time!?" Draco questioned, a little impatient.

"Oh, yeah. Right. Harry and Ron have invited me to come with them to the three broomsticks at 1:00 if that is alright. I'll make an excuse to ditch them, I'll just say I have to use the bathroom or something. Then our plan falls into place! Got it?" Hermione explained again.

"Got it."

..........

The next chapter: the plan takes place but Ron and Hermione get suspicious about why Hermione has started to look quite tired and upset. They discuss whether they should question Hermione about it