(12) - explanations, p.2

Draco quickly entered Hermione's hospital ward and sat down next to her bed, and leaned forward on his chair. He looked slightly worried or concerned.

"Are you okay? Why did you collapse? Was it about the voices? Potter and Weaselette said you wanted to explain things to me." Draco fired question after question at Hermione.

"I don't actually want to explain stuff to you.. I need to ask you a question.." Hermione mumbled, sitting up properly to face Draco properly.

"What is it?" Draco asked, looking into Hermione's eyes with slight concern.

"Um.. W..why? Why do you make me feel like i can trust you, Drac--Malfoy?" Hermione quickly corrected herself.

"Cos you can trust me."

"So.. After you have hated me for six years, suddenly you're saying i can just automatically trust you? What's changed!? Why do I feel like I've never hated you, when I know I always have!? I need answers." Hermione yelled.

"I don't know, okay? All I know is that we can't keep fighting, we are in the same position. We both have a mission to do when we get back to Hogwarts. So there is no point in fighting anymore. You can trust me, I don't judge people on stuff, I listen to their problems and insecurities and I'm amazing when it comes to helping people. No matter what anyone in Hogwarts says, I'm not as bad as you think." Draco explained. Before Hermione could reply, Draco got up to leave.

"Draco wait!" Hermione yelled after him.

"I'll see you at the Christmas party tomorrow, Granger." Draco muttered, not turning around to look at her. And then he was gone, leaving Hermione just sitting there.

In the waiting room

"Draco! Is Granger alright?" Pansy screeched, jumping out of her chair.

"She's fine." Draco mumbled, grabbing a version of the daily prophet from the table and falling into a seat to read it.

"Draco, stop acting like this! We all know you like Granger, so just tell her!" Blaise exclaimed, sitting beside Draco on his right. Pansy fell into the chair on Draco's left.

"Yeah! Tell her how you feel! Oh, tell her at the Christmas party!!" Pansy squealed, basically jumping up and down in her seat from excitement.

"I don't like her." Draco mumbled under his breath, not bothering to look away from the daily prophet.

"Oh shut up, mate! I've known you since third year and I see the way you look at her! I'm not blind, you know." Blaise chuckled. Draco gave out a long sigh, but didn't bother to answer.

"I said I don't like her, Blaise. So just stop." Draco groaned.

"Draco, stop pretending! Just ask her for one dance at the Christmas party, and see where it goes." Pansy shouted. Draco dropped the daily prophet into his lap and turned to Pansy.

"I don't want to, so i don't have to. She's just a friend." Draco muttered under his breath and picked up the daily prophet from his lap to continue reading it.

"Draco, stop!! Why won't you do it? Just ask her!!" Blaise exclaimed. Draco let out a sigh in defeat, and turned to face Blaise.

"So much could go wrong!" Draco stated. Blaise just smirked slightly.

"Oh yeah? Like what!? Come on! Your Draco Malfoy." Blaise gave a reassuring smile.

"What if she says no?" Draco finally blurted out. Blaise just chuckled to himself, making Draco raise his eyebrows. "What? What's so funny!?" Draco questioned in shock.

"That's what your worried about? Why do you think she'll say no?" Blaise asked, still smirking.

"Because she doesn't like me in that way! I'll make a fool of myself and then it'll always be awkward between us!" Draco exclaimed.

"You won't make a fool of yourself! And if you do, you'll find a way to make it better. Just.. Give it a go. Okay? Ask her out!" Pansy squealed again, making Draco turn to her.

"I'll think about it." Draco mumbled, slowly going back to reading the daily prophet. Blaise and Pansy both smirked at eachother and gave eachother a look that said 'mission accomplished'. Just then, Harry and Ginny stepped into the waiting room.

"Where have you two been?" Pansy hissed.

"Why do you care?" Ginny retaliated.

"Um.. Maybe because your best friend is in that hospital ward and you just randomly disappeared on her!" Blaise spoke up.

"Fine! If you must know.. Ginny and I went to find Ron and try to persuade him to except Hermione's new.. Life! Okay!?" Harry butted in to the conversation.

"What makes you think the Weasel would ever except her?" Draco questioned, narrowing his eyes ever so slightly.

"Because I'm his sister and Harry's his best friend! If anyone can persuade him, it's us! Plus, Ron will never stay mad at Hermione for too long as he has a massive crush on her. But it's really none of your business." Ginny explained.

Suddenly, Draco felt his mouth go dry and his stomach did a cartwheel. Draco tried to speak up, but words failed him. Finally, he managed to blurt out a question.

"Um... But... Isn't he seeing that.. Other Gryffindor Blondie girl?" Draco asked.

"Yeah, but he doesn't like her that way anymore. But why do you care anyway, Malfoy?" Harry questioned.

"Um... N..no. Of course not! Keep your nose out of my business, Potty." Draco sneered. Did he like Hermione? He didn't even know anymore.

"Ron is thinking about asking her out tomorrow on Christmas." Harry stated, making Draco's heart speed up so so fast.

"Wait! But... But... But..." Draco stuttered, but then finally he remembered something. "She is going to a party at Malfoy Manor tomorrow!"

"Oh.. I guess Ron will have to quickly drop by at the Manor then to quickly ask her." Ginny whispered, grabbing a book from the table and sitting down.

"No! Um.. It's my house, only Granger is allowed to attend out of the Gryffindor's. Weasel will just have to ask her the day after!!" Draco exclaimed. Hopefully by then, Hermione will already be dating Draco.

..........

The next chapter; it's... CHRISTMAS TIME!!! Hermione got let out of the hospital on the evening of Christmas eve, but you won't see that in the next chapter. It will start on Christmas morning.