(3) - the plan

It was October. The day of the plan. Everyone else had gone home for the holidays and it was just a few people left. Out of her dorm, it was just her and Katie Bell that was staying for the holidays. It was 12:45, Hermione was supposed to meet with Harry and Ron any minute now and so she rushed downstairs to meet them, seeing them waiting near the fire for her.

They both gossiped all the way into hogsmeade, stumbling through the snow. Hermione was curious about how it was snowing in the middle of October! But when they reached the three broomsticks and they entered the warm crowded room, Hermione glanced around the room, trying to find any sight of Draco. Draco was lazily slouched down on a chair by the bar. He noticed Hermione almost instantly and he immediately sat up straight, giving Hermione a professional nod.

Hermione sat down with Harry and Ron and she immediately glanced down at her muggle watch. 12:57.

12:58.

12:59.

1:00!!

It was time! Hermione looked at Draco and found him already looking at her back. Hermione turned back to Ron and Harry and found them both chatting to eachother. She quickly turned back to Draco and nodded to him. He stood up and left for the bathrooms, not being noticed by anyone else. Hermione turned back to the boys of the golden trio.

"Umm... I'm gonna quickly go to the bathroom, be right back." Hermione stated. Both of the boys nodded and Hermione sped off to the bathroom. Once she was in, she saw Draco leaning against a wall by the sinks. Hermione tried to stay silent so she gave him a look that said 'it's time'.

"Madame Rosmerta! There has been.. Umm.. An incident in here... Please can you come in here a moment!?" Hermione called out.

.....there was a long pause.....

"I'll be right there! Just gimme a sec, dear!!" Madame Rosmerta called back.

After a few seconds, footsteps were heard walking towards the bathroom. Hermione quickly ran over to Draco and whispered something very quietly to him.

"Malfoy, I can't do it.. You do it!"

The door creaked open, Draco raised his wand at the door as Madame Rosmerta's wavy brown hair was quickly seen first coming through the door.

"Where is the incid--Draco Malfoy!? Get out at once!!" Madame Rosmerta screamed. Draco's wand aimed at her chest and he opened his mouth to say the terrible curse.

"IMPERIO!!" Draco shouted at the top of his voice. Madame Rosmerta froze in her spot and her green eyes darkened and turned a deep dark grey. Her skin paled and her curly bushy brown hair turned a little bit straighter and more tamed. She was imperiused.

Hermione's eyes welled up with tears, she was being forced to do all of this. Luckily, Lucius and Voldemort, after discussing privately to eachother, finally agreed to let Hermione see her parents tonight. Luckily, Narcissa gave Mr and Mrs Granger a small single mattress each, and was feeding them, but only one small portion a day.

Draco glanced at Hermione. He wasn't some weak pathetic Gryffindor, Draco was a strong and cunning Slytherin! He wasn't going to go all soft on Hermione because she was about to cry. Yes, Draco felt sorry for her. But Slytherin's were brilliant at hiding their emotions really well.

Hermione's tears trailed down her cheeks. She had just witnessed someone using the imperius curse. Hermione just day dreamed for a little while, her mind started to wonder about if she should tell Harry and Ron that she was working for the person that killed Harry's parents. No, definitely not a good idea. She was snapped out of her thoughts by Draco starting to speak to Rosmerta.