(28) - new years ball p.3

In Draco's bedroom, everyone stayed silent and Pansy stayed near the door, making sure no one walked in on them. There were lots of raised voices and shouts coming from downstairs and everyone's heart raced as footsteps were heard running up the stairs. Pansy backed away, terrified, and then the door burst open.

Draco and Blaise both pushed Hermione and Pansy behind them and the boys raised their wands to the person in the doorway. But they slowly lowered them when they realised that it was only an innocent girl.

"Astoria!!" Pansy squealed happily and ran from behind Blaise and up to the beautiful girl, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Hey Pans! I heard what was happening and i had to come see if there was anything that i could do!! So can I help? I can help protect all of you, and Granger!" Astoria exclaimed, smiling at the four other teens in the room. Blaise and Pansy smiled at Astoria widely, Draco and Hermione juat stood there. Draco grabbed hold of Hermione's hand and squeezed it tightly.

"Sure, You can help. But what are we gonna do? We can't stay in here forever." Blaise stated, going to sit comfortably on Draco's bed. Pansy clapped her hands together to get everyone's attention and sat beside Blaise on Draco's bed, letting Blaise put an arm around her shoulders.

"I have an idea! Astoria, you and me are going to go down and sort out the order! Blaise, you can keep a look out down this hall outside the bedrooms! Draco, Hermione? You two have to stay here! But if Blaise informs you that the dementors or any of the order is coming up the stairs, run to Hermione's room! Good idea?" Pansy suggests, leaning against Blaise's shoulder.

"Sure, lets do it." Hermione agreed, intertwining her fingers with Draco's. Astoria and Pansy ran out of the door, with Blaise following out and waiting outside the door.

"Hermione? You okay? We can easily fight off the order and the dementors." Draco reassured Hermione, giving her a comforting smile. Hermione looked into the eyes of her boyfriend.

"Can we? Can we really fight off everyone? Draco... I'm running the risk of getting thrown back in Azkaban, and you're gonna join me! I hope you realise that! You helped me escape, they're after you too. They are also after Pansy and Blaise, but they're still down there fighting everyone! They can't fight everyone by themselves. Draco... I'm going down there to fight. This is our battle too." Hermione explained, releasing Draco's hand off of hers and running to the door. She ran out quickly before Draco could stop her, she knew Draco would at least try and talk her out of this so Hermione ran before he could.

When Hermione started running down the stairs, she finally heard footsteps behind her and saw Draco speeding down the stairs with his wand in his right hand, not that far behind Hermione. Hermione ducked a jinx when she reached the bottom of the stairs, and Draco jumped in front of his girlfriend, shooting a powerful hex at the person who tried to harm Hermione.

After the coast was clear, for now, Hermione grabbed onto Draco's hand and literally pulled him into the main hall, seeing the place in chaos. A lot of the crowd had cleared out, screaming and fleeing out of the hectic manor. Narcissa was in the far right corner, battling... Bill Weasley? Wow, looks like Bill really wanted to get Hermione thrown into prison.

"Hermione!! Draco!! Go back upstairs now!!!" Pansy screamed, running towards them with a cut lip and a bruised eye like she had either been hit with a powerful hex, or she had got into a physical fight with no magic.

"No! Pansy, this is our fight too! Duck!!!" Hermione yelled, pushing Pansy ever so slightly to the left as a jinx hit Hermione across the head, making her fall backwards, clutching her forehead tightly.

"Hermione!! 'Mione, are you alright!?" Draco questioned, running over to her to help her stand. Hermione dropped her hand from her forehead, revealing a wide cut across her forehead, making blood trickle down her nose and all the way down her face. It wasn't a very deep cut.

"I.. Yeah... I'm fine! I-it's just a little cut! Lets go!" Hermione replied, grabbing Draco's wrist and pulling him into the kitchen, revealing several more battles. Including Harry, Ron and Ginny battling anyone they could see, like they didn't even know which side to support.

"Harry! Ron! Ginny!!" Hermione squealed, running towards them and pulling them into a tight hug. "I'm so glad you guys are alrigh--Woah!" Hermione was cut off by a strong spell hitting her in the center of her back, making Hermione fall forwards into the arms of Harry.

"Hermione! Are you okay?" Harry asked, helping Hermione stand back up. Harry turned Hermione around so that he could take a look at her back, and he saw that her sparkle pink dress had a massive red mark, meaning that Hermione's back was bleeding quite a lot.

"I-it's nothing... I'll be fine... L-lets go! Woah!!! Draco!!!" Hermione screeched from the top of her lungs, seeing Draco in a powerful battle with Kingsley Shacklebolt and Remus Lupin.

"There she is!! Remus, get her!!" Kingsley demanded, pointing at Hermione as she ran up to Draco. Lupin raised his wand at Hermione. But just as he did, the fireworks erupted into the sky. It was 12:00, new years day. It was like the battle had disappeared from Draco and Hermione's mind as they stared into eachothers eyes.

"Happy new year Draco."

"Happy new year Hermione."

Then, Draco captured Hermione's lips with his own and everything blurred away. Everyone loves to have a perfect new years kiss, right? Even in the middle of a mini battle between bad and good. But that was all ruined when Lupin finally snapped back into reality and turned to Draco and Hermione, raising his wand. He muttered a spell so quietly that no one could hear, and Hermione was shot off her feet and into a wall, her eyes closed and her hair sprawled around her.

"Hermione!!! 'Mione!!! SECTUMSEMPRA!!" Draco shot at Lupin, making him fall backwards in his own blood. Draco rushed to Hermione's side.

Hermione opened her eyes for a split second to see Draco, Harry, Ron, Ginny, Luna, Neville, Pansy and Blaise all crowded around her injured body. But that was all Hermione could see before it all went black.