(40) - tears and more tears

Wow... Hermione stood at the front of the huge crowd that was standing by Dumbledore, the Dumbledore who lay still and dead. Hermione let a single tear slide down her cheek. So much happened. Hermione lost the person who she thought she'd spend forever with, she lost a man that she could trust with her life, she lost almost everything that made her smile.

Hermione hadn't seen Draco since she told him goodbye. Which was only about twenty minutes ago. But half of Hermione's tears wasn't over Dumbledore or Draco, they were tears of pain. The pain that shot through her heart, making it break piece by piece. The pain in her heart made more tears shoot down her cheeks as Hermione raised her wand and let a little ball of light appear at the end of it as it was held high, like everyone else's.

With Draco

Draco looked slightly over the top of the astronomy tower, to see everyone gathered in a crowd. So Draco walked to the other side of the astronomy tower to see what they were all fussing over, and saw the unmoving body of Dumbledore. And right at the front of the crowd, he saw his ex-girlfriend, crying her eyes out.

Seeing Hermione cry made Draco's heart ache even more. The longer Draco's eyes stayed glued on Hermione, the more his heart cracked and crumbled to pieces. Draco sprinted down the stairs of the astronomy tower, trying not to get noticed by anyone, and made his way to Hogwarts.

But he felt like someone had noticed him exiting the astronomy tower. So when he turned around, he saw a gorgeous pair of brown eyes meeting his. She had stopped crying, but her eyes were puffy and red, and her cheeks glistened with the stains of the tears.

Draco's and Hermione's eyes couldn't look away. But then Draco turned around and walked up to the castle, giving one last glance back at Hermione. But Hermione couldn't stop staring until Draco until he had disappeared into the castle.

Hermione wanted to run after him. Run after Draco and cry into his chest while hugging him tightly. Wanted to kiss him, even if it was for the last time. But Hermione slowly turned back around towards Dumbledore's body.

Harry pushed past everyone to get to the front. And pushed past Hermione and Ginny, who were standing right beside eachother.

"Harry..." Hermione mumbled as Harry began to cry and kneel down beside Dumbledore. Hermione turned to Ginny. "Gin... Go..." She mumbled to Ginny and gestured towards Harry. Ginny nodded and walked over to Harry, kneeling down beside him. Ginny pulled Harry into a gentle hug as Harry sobbed on her shoulder.

Hermione let more tears cascade down her face. She wanted to scream again, but just couldn't right now. She watched Harry and Ginny kneel down beside the lifeless Dumbledore.

Hermione raised her wand for the second time. She had lowered it once she saw Draco. And then McGonagall raised her wand and let the light appear at the end of her wand, followed by everyone else.

And then in the clouds above, a massive light appeared beneath them. Until it slowly faded away.

It stayed silent. Hermione wanted to go over there and cry just as much as Harry was. But felt rooted to the spot. Until she did.

She walked up to Dumbledore and knelt on the other side of him to Harry and Ginny. Both of them looked up at how upset Hermione was.

"He took everything from me.... Everything." Hermione mumbled as she lay a hand on Dumbledore's un-beating heart.

Ginny stood up and slowly backed away to stand with the crowd again. Harry stumbled over to kneel beside Hermione, and pulled her into a tight embrace.

"I'm sorry 'Mione. I'm sorry." Harry kept repeating. Hermione felt sort of guilty for acting like this. This was Harry's moment to be this upset, but Hermione took it away.

"He took everyone Harry! Everything from me!" Hermione sobbed loudly on to Harry's shoulder. "Even Draco."

"You can always get him back if you wish." Harry whispered to her, suddenly aware that the crowd of professors and students were still there. They both stood up and walked towards the crowd. Hermione was immediately pulled into a comforting hug by Ginny.

"We'll defeat him 'Mione. Once and for all. For everything that he has put us through!" Ginny assured Hermione.

"He... He took Draco from me! I did everything for him!? I gave Katie Bell a cursed necklace, I tried to fix the vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement! I got a bloody permanent tattoo on my left forearm for him!!!" Hermione screamed loudly.

"We'll get our revenge. You'll be alright. Draco will too..." Ginny mumbled.

A/N: sorry if this chapter is a little shorter than my other ones! It was basically just a short scene filler chapter! Enjoy. -L