(30) - hogwarts return

On the train, January 7th, time to go back to Hogwarts after the Christmas break. Hermione jumped onto the train with Draco, Pansy, Blaise, Ginny, Harry, Ron and their new friends Astoria Greengrass and Theo Nott.

Everyone managed to sit in a compartment at the back of the train. They were discussing random gossip, but Hermione's mind was on the plan. Kill Dumbledore? Oh my god.

Soon enough, they had all arrived at Hogwarts. After they all took seats on the carriages, they were off to Hogwarts. Hermione's carriage with the Slytherins was two in front of Hermione's Gryffindor (and Ravenclaw) friends' one, and so Hermione caught Harry's eye and gave him a friendly wave, which he kindly waved back.

After they had arrived, McGonagall had said her 'welcome back' speech and the feast had begun. Hermione sat with Ginny, Harry, Ron and Neville. She bit into her pizza just as a cold bony hand shook Hermione's right shoulder from behind, letting Hermione know that someone was behind her. Hermione spun around to reveal the face of Professor McGonagall.

"Good evening Professor McGonagall, is everything alright?" Hermione asked. She was starting to get nervous and paranoid that she had done something wrong already, when they had been in the school for about fifteen-twenty minutes!

"Everything is perfectly fine Miss Granger, I just have a few questions to ask you. Will you please follow me? If you are not too busy, that is." Professor whispered, Hermione nodded and stood up to follow McGonagall.

When Hermione and Prof. McGonagall had made it into the deputy headmistress' office, Hermione took a seat on the other side of the desk to where McGonagall sat.

"Miss Granger, I have a few questions. Question one, are you and Mr Malfoy in any sort of strong relationship? Like, with benefits or love?" McGonagall asked, grabbing out some parchment and a quill.

"Love. I love Draco, Professor." Hermione stated, finishing with a smile. McGonagall looked like she was actually writing that answer down.

"Okay then. Next question.. Are you, or have you ever been, involved in plans and plots with Voldemort and the death eaters." McGonagall questioned. Hermione thought that McGonagall was actually acting like a judge and Hermione was on some sort of trial.

"Yes, I've been involved in the type of plots..." Hermione mumbled in shame.

"Are you still plotting with them, or have you stopped?"

"I'm still doing it."

"Do you have your dark mark?"

"Yes."

"Wow... Do you have a criminal record?"

"Yeah I do."

"Why were you put in Azkaban?"

"For putting the cruciatus curse on Arthur Weasley, at least that is what I've been told happened..."

"What do you mean? Do you remember putting the curse on Mr Weasley?"

"No."

"Do you regret doing it?"

"Of course! I would never want to hurt anyone!"

"Do you have anyone who would want to frame and accuse you of something?"

"Not that I know of Professor."

"So... You put the cruciatus curse on Arthur Weasley? But you can't remember doing it? And you never meant to do it?"

"That is correct, McGonagall."

"Okay, you are excused. Thank you for your time Miss Granger, I will look into this to see what really happened. Because.. There is a strong chance that you were put into the imperius curse. If I find out who did it to you, I could clear your name and your criminal record. Because you are still a wanted witch Miss Granger, they are after you and I might be able to prove you innocent. You may go." McGonagall explained. Hermione stood up and left the office.

To Hermione's surprise, everyone was waiting outside for her. Pansy and Ginny rushed over to Hermione and started to bombard her with questions.

"What did McGonagall want?"

"Are you in trouble?"

"Does she know about the Dumbledore plot?"

"Is she sending you back to Azkaban?"

"What will she do to you?"

"Calm down!! I'm fine, she just asked a few questions. I'll tell you guys all about it later." Hermione chuckled, pushing past them to go and give Draco a hug. When Hermione reached Draco, he asked the same questions.

"What happened? Are you alright? Did McGonagall mention me? Are you in trouble? Does she know that you escaped Azkaban? Is she aware of Voldemort's plot to Dumbledore? I--" Draco was cut off by Hermione putting her index finger over Draco's lips in a way of telling him to shut up.

"Draco.. Really, I'm fine. I'll explain everything later, I promise!!" Hermione sighed, kissing Draco on the cheek and gripping his hand.

"So, Hermione, would you and Ginny like to sleep in the Slytherin common room tonight? It'll be fun!" Pansy screeched, running up to Hermione and Draco, smiling widely.

"That'd be great, thanks!" Hermione shrilled happily, her eyes were twinkling brightly.

"Great! We can have a game night!" Draco suggested.

"Oh! I have a great idea!! Why don't we make it a weekly thing? To do a game night? With me, 'Mione, Pans, Draco, Blaise, Harry, Ron and maybe Asty!" Ginny decided, running up to everyone else.

"Yeah, lets do it!" Hermione squealed, tightening her grip on Draco's hand as if she would die if she let go.

They all went to the black lake to have a walk around after curfew. They turned a corner just as Mrs Norris strode past, and sprinted out into the cold dark grounds.

"Guys, who's up for a swim!?" Pansy squealed, she took her shoes off and sat on the edge of the lake as she dipped her feet into it.

"Not today, it's freezing out here." Hermione mumbled, she was shivering lots. Draco released Hermione's hand to take off his jacket, and he wrapped it around Hermione's shoulders. "Thanks Draco." Hermione whispered.

"What are boyfriends for?" Draco replied, he kissed Hermione gently on the forehead and grabbed her hand in his again, and they both joined Pansy on the lake edge.

They talked for ages, like nothing was wrong. But everything was wrong. They mainly created the game night to get Hermione's mind off of the plan, she was so stressed and tense lately. So the main people in both Gryffindor and Slytherin just sat there, chuckling and joking around like they had been best friends there whole entire life.