(43) - broken promises

Hermione sat the next morning in the window seat at the burrow, reading. It was the day of Bill and Fleur's wedding, but Hermione didn't exactly want to go. Hermione looked up from her book and saw something far in the distance. A flash of snowy blond hair and stormy grey eyes caught her attention. Hermione threw her book down and raced outside.

"D... Is that... Draco!?" Hermione screamed and ran up to Draco, already crying. Draco turned around and finally noticed her, and ran up to her.

"H-Hermione?" Draco mumbled, going in to hug her. But Hermione pushed him away with all the strength she had.

"You!! You promised me!! How could you!? I saw you yesturday night!!! You promised that you wouldn't go back to him! What is wrong with you!?" Hermione screamed.

"Hermione please... Let me explain!" Draco exclaimed, taking a step closer to her.

"No! I cried over you all holidays, I couldn't even say your name! And now I'm not going to be able to see you, probably ever!!" Hermione cried loudly, bursting into tears.

"What? Why? No, come on! I have to see you!" Draco complained.

"I... You can't." Hermione mumbled, and turned around to leave.

"No! Wait! I have something for you... So you can at least remember me.." Draco mumbled and pulled out a box. "I knew this would happen. I knew I could never see you. But I thought it was because you didn't want to see me, not because you can't see me. Here. Open it when your inside." Draco explained. Hermione hesitated, before taking the box and heading back into the burrow, just as Draco apparated away.

Hermione ran inside and tore off the letter that was attached.

Dear 'Mione,

If you're reading this, I might never get to see you again. Trust me, I'll miss you like crazy. And i know that I made the wrong decisions, because I thought that I was protecting you. But now it's basically done the opposite.

Maybe we WILL meet in the future. But not in the way that I'd like. You'll probably marry someone like Weasel after Hogwarts, and have red headed children. And I'll be married to some girl that I would never love as much as i love you.

Promise me that you won't forger me. And just to be sure, i bought you something.

Forever yours,
D.M

Hermione cried once more. And then ripped open the present. There was two things in it. One was a beautiful black and white picture frame with black flowers swirling right around the picture. And in the bottom right corner of the frame, it had 'forever yours' engraved into it. The picture that was in the frame made Hermione sob louder.

Hermione began opening the other box that was attached to the first

Hermione began opening the other box that was attached to the first. And found that it was a perfume of her favourite scent. It smelt of... Draco. It had a mixture of freshly mown grass, new parchment and spear mint. All together, it smelt like a beautiful flowery scent. Hermione loved it because it was what she smelt in the amortentia. Before Draco and Hermione got together.