(34) - rescue Granger

With Hermione. The Hermione who was lying on the floor with Voldemort hovering over her weak body. He hadn't stopped torturing her, and Ginny still hadn't come back with help.

A lot has happened since Ginny had left to fetch the others. Voldemort had managed to catch Hermione off guard and disarm her, making it easier for him to hurt her more badly. Voldemort was waiting for another five minutes to see if any of Hermione's friends would come and rescue her. And if not, he would take the chance and opportunity to kill her.

Hermione lay on the cold marble floor, with tons of cuts and bruises over her cold and weak body. She had a cut lip, a black and swollen eye, several bruises along her stomach, multiple cuts and grazes across her left arm, a huge purple and black bruise down her hip, and more grazes and bruises down her legs and ankles.

Hermione was losing hope that Ginny would get back in time, or even come back at all. Hermione's eyes felt heavily, and all that could be heard was her slow and shallow breathing, and the soft and quiet evil laughter from Voldemort that echoed around the room.

Voldemort was starting to get impatient with just watching Hermione's body still conscious. So he had one last bit of fun, and raised his wand. He muttered a spell and Hermione's whole body shook, until her breathing got even slower and her eyes flew shut.

Black. All Hermione could see was black. And she thought that she had died. But if she was dead, she couldn't possibly think. So if Hermione wasn't dead yet, she feared that she would be dead within the next hour.

With the Slytherin's, Harry, Ron and Ginny

"Are you sure she is in my father's study room?" Draco asked as they watched Harry try to mumble some spells to unlock the gate.

"Yes, I'm positive! I remember every single thing!" Ginny exclaimed. Pansy ran over to Ginny and put a hand over her mouth to keep her from shouting.

"Ginny, Ssshhh!!! Anyone could hear you!!!" Pansy yelled. Draco went over to Pansy and lightly slapped her on the arm.

"Pans, be quiet... Who knows what will happen if we get caught. Now, hurry up with the gate so I could actually save my girlfriend before it's too late!" Draco whisper-yelled at Harry. Draco secretly still despised Harry but was only acting nice to him for Hermione's sake.

"Be patient! I've almost got it! And..... Done!" Harry mumbled as he pulled open the heavy gates and ran inside. But Draco was too eager to get Hermione out of his awful place he called 'home'. So Draco pushed past everyone, ran past Harry, and he ran into the manor before everyone else.

They ran through the manor, they didn't even notice the amount of noise that they were making. They were all surprised that Voldemort hadn't heard them yet, but somebody else did.

"Draco?"

Draco stopped in his tracks quickly, making Blaise nearly run right into Draco's back, but managed to stop himself before he did. Draco span around and came face to face with Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy.

"Um... Mother. Father..." Draco mumbled. Narcissa ran over to her son and pulled him into a warm embrace.

"Draco, what on earth are you doing here!? You have just gone back to school, why back so soon?" Narcissa questioned.

"Um.. Well, I--" Draco began. But he was interrupted by his father speaking up.

"Son, why on earth are you here with these two filthy blood traitors and... Oh my!! Why are you here with Harry Potter!? Well done Draco, well done! You brought him right to the dark lord for us so he could kill him! Master will much appreciate this. Come, bring Potter to my study!" Lucius exclaimed.