(33) - torture

"What!? No! You are not to leave! Unless you want to sacrifice your life, you will always stay loyal to me! And that is exactly what you will do, now leave! NOW! And you better sort out the vanishing cabinet or there will be hell to pay!" Voldemort screamed angrily.

Something in Hermione's body snapped and she narrowed her eyes unnoticeably at Voldemort. And then she did something she might regret. Or will regret.

"No!! I said i wanted to leave the death eaters, so I am going to leave! I no longer obey you ...Voldemort. I will run away if I have to, and I'll do whatever it takes to get this damn mark off of my arm!" Hermione yelled angrily back in reply. Voldemort was taken aback but then stood up fast and angrily.

Ginny was still hidden by the door, unseen, and was watching Hermione's and Voldemort's every move. Ginny started to panic when she saw Voldemort grab his wand and walk over to Hermione.

"You? Disobey me? Very well then, you may leave. But you will leave in a way that you won't want. Torture until death. It's your own fault Miss Granger, NO ONE WILL DISOBEY ME!" Voldemort shouted and pointed his wand at Hermione.

"What!? No! You can hurt me, but I'll fight back! Thanks to you, I am not the girl i was at the start of the year! And thanks to you, I was taught how to stand up to my enemies and fight back! Well, Voldemort, you are my enemy." Hermione snapped back and also raised her wand.

"You made a terrible decision of fighting me back. This might hurt a little bit. CRUCIO!!!" Voldemort hissed. Hermione raised her wand to defend herself but she was too slow, and she fell backwards after giving a long and high pitched scream.

"No! Please! I.. I..." Hermione begged as she squirmed painfully on the cold marble floor. But then, even though Hermione was in soooo much pain, she narrowed her eyes and glared up at Voldemort from on the floor. "No! You... AH!!! You can't control my life!" Hermione screeched loudly.

"I can and I will! Just watch me! You should've chose to stay loyal to me! It's a pity that your precious Draco isn't here to watch you die! CRUCIO!! And you're so unlucky that I chose to torture you before killing y--" Hermione made the mistake of interrupting Voldemort again by clutching her wand and aiming it at him from the ground.

Hermione, even though she was in lots and lots of terrible pain, she stumbled to her feet and pointed her wand steadily at Voldemort's chest. She narrowed her eyes at the dark lord, trying not to show any signs of fear.

"Listen, Voldy." Hermione taunted in a mocking tone, before continuing. "I only joined your stupid 'club' because you threatened to kill my parents!! And instead, you made them forget about me!! You said I couldn't leave, but you were wrong, I can and I will leave! I'm just counting down the days until Harry finally kills you! You and your lonely, empty, dark soul and heart will never beat Harry! Cos he will always have me by his side! STUPIFY!" Hermione hissed.

Voldemort was too busy distracted that he hadn't noticed the spell coming right at him. No one had ever been that brave to say such a thing to him! Never! No one dared to say anything but one rude word to Voldemort. And if they ever did say something rude to the dark lord, they'd be dead in seconds.

Voldemort was too deep in thought that he didn't realise that he was shot off of his feet and right into a bookshelf, but he was still conscious and angrier than ever before. As Voldemort was about to stand up with rage swimming around in his cold eyes, Hermione spun around to face Ginny. Ginny was still hiding by the door, crying silently and breathing heavily as she had just witnessed her best friend getting tortured. Voldemort still had no clue that Ginny was there.

"Ginny! Please, go get help! I'll be fine! Quick!" Hermione screamed as Voldemort stood up properly and pointed his wand at Hermione. Ginny hesitated, but nodded in the end and ran out the gates of the dark manor to apparate away.

With the Slytherins, Harry and Ron

Astoria was the first to wake up from her spot on the floor, and looked around tiredly. When she didn't spot Ginny or Hermione anywhere in the common room, Astoria stood up and began to shake Pansy's arm to wake her up.

"Pssst. Pansy, Pansy! Come on, wake up!" Astoria whispered, continuing to shake Pansy's arm. Pansy finally turned over onto her back and her eyes slowly fluttered open. She sat up and rubbed her tired eyes.

"Tori? Um.. What's wrong? It's pretty early in the morning Astoria.." Pansy groaned lazily. Astoria just rolled her eyes and pulled Pansy to her feet.

"Have you seen Hermione or Ginny? They wouldn't leave without waking one of us and telling us." Astoria stated, looking around once more.

"No i haven't. Maybe they are--" Pansy began but was interrupted by the portrait door swinging open so fast that it hit the nearby wall hard. Everyone jumped at the sound and immediately woke up.

"Guys! Guys, please help! It's 'Mione!!" Ginny screamed, she was in tears. Ginny ran over to everyone and, at the mention of Hermione's name, immediately grabbed everyone's attention.

"What's wrong with her? Where is she?" Ron asked, finishing with a long yawn. Ginny continued to cry and cry. Pansy rushed over to the youngest Weasley and hugged her.

"Ginny, what's wrong? Where is Hermione?" Pansy asked as she rubbed Ginny's back in an attempt to comfort her.

"H..Hermione went to... To see V...Voldemort and tell hi...m that she didn't w..ant to... To be a death eater any...more. Bu..t when sh...she told Vold...emort, he... He tortured her! Pl...please come and help! Sh...she is getting tortured in Mal...Malfoy manor... In Draco's father's study... Room." Ginny stuttered in between her quiet sobs. At that, Draco shot out of his seat.

"What!? Come on! After this, there is no way that I am staying loyal to Voldemort! If he kills her, I'll torture and kill him until he is nothing but dust!!!" Draco yelled. Before anyone could respond to that, Draco was sprinting through the portrait hole. Everyone else sprinted after him out of Hogwarts and to hogsmeade, trying to not get caught by other students who were awake and roaming around the castle.