(25) - the daily prophet can't be trusted

The dementors holding on to Alecto Carrow and Hermione fly backwards and down the corridor from the bright glow that erupted from Draco's wand. As the dementors hand released from Hermione's neck and down the corridor from Draco's powerful spell, Hermione fell to her knees, gasping for breathing and rubbing her neck. Alecto was doing exactly the same.

"Draco? Oh Draco!!" Hermione screeched, her voice cracking as if she was about to cry. And that was exactly what she did. She ran full speed at Draco and into his arms as she began to sob into them.

"Oh 'Mione, I'm so glad you're okay! What happened?" Draco questioned, looking around Hermione's entire face to make sure there were no injuries from being in this awful prison.

"It's nothing, I gave old grandpa Weasley what he deserved! Just the cruciatus curse on him will do it." Hermione stated, happily but evilly as she smirked proudly. Draco returned the smirk at Hermione and kissed her forehead gently.

"Um.. Sorry to interrupt but the guards just alerted the ministry! They are on their way right now, we have to go!!" Pansy squealed, more serious than she hardly ever is. Hermione and Draco nodded and them two, Pansy and Blaise all jump down out of the wards of Azkaban to apparate away.

They appeared outside Malfoy Manor, outside of the manor wards, and opened the gate to stroll in. The minute they all walked in, they were nearly knocked over by a pair of arms pulling them into a really tight hug, by Narcissa Malfoy.

"Oh my god, where did you guys go!? You can't just disappear like that, something could have happened to you!!!" Narcissa screamed, folding her arms over her chest after she pulled away from the hug.

"Mother, I don't think you really want to know. Trust me." Draco warned, raising both his eyebrows further up his forehead at Narcissa. Narcissa looked between each of the four young adults.

"Yes I do, tell me!" Narcissa exclaimed, slightly annoyed. When she saw the four kids share looks that said 'should-we-tell-her?', they didn't say anything after that so Narcissa continued. "Listen, I'll go get some muggle popcorn that I stole from a muggle store when I was in London. Cos i feel like this will be interesting, so you four meet me in the living room! Now!" Narcissa screeched, pointing a steady finger at all of them and then hurrying into the kitchen. The young adults all nodded and hurried into the living room, taking seats.

"I just want to know one thing, 'Mione... How are you? Did they do anything to you? Will I have to hurt anyone for you?" Pansy questioned from a sofa to Hermione's right.

"I'm fine, really. I'm just really glad to be out of that place." Hermione sighed. Everyone turned to Blaise as he straightened up and looked slightly confused.

"Umm hey? What's the date today?" Blaise asked, everyone else hesitated before answering Blaise's question.

"It's the 29th, why?" Pansy was the one to answer.

"What day do we return to Hogwarts?" Blaise then asked again, ignoring Pansy's previous question.

"On the 7th January! Why? What's up?" Draco questioned, sitting up properly next to Hermione.

"When we return to Hogwarts, do you think Hermione will be hated? Because of her Azkaban records?" Blaise asked, leaning forward slightly on the sofa. Draco furrowed his eyebrows a little in confusion.

"Why would she be hated? No one could possibly know that she was in Azkaban, right?" Draco questioned as he put an arm around Hermione's shoulders when Hermione snuggled into Draco's chest.

"I'm sure no one knows about Hermione being in Azkaban... But what if they find out?" Pansy butted in, looking from Blaise, to Hermione and then to Draco.

"They have probably already found out!" A woman's voice was heard coming out of the kitchen with popcorn in her left hand, and the daily prophet in her right. Narcissa threw the daily prophet on to Draco's lap and went to sit on the armchair, placing the bowl of popcorn in the center of the coffee table. Draco quickly stood up, forcing Hermione to sit up properly, as he grabbed the daily prophet and scanned through it, before reading aloud.

Wanted witch: Miss Granger in Azkaban!?

Have you ever seen Hermione Granger be in trouble as she really is a goodie two shoes know-it-all and she isn't scared to admit it. But we have just found out that Miss Granger has gotten herself in terrible trouble!

After using the powerful curse, 'Crucio', on Mr Authur Weasley, Hermione was sent to Azkaban but has apparently escaped with the help of Alecto Carrow, Draco Malfoy, Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini. Miss Carrow was nearly found this morning, not long after she escaped, but managed to get away.

Mr Albus Dumbledore is still trying to defend Miss Granger and clear all charges, but he is finding it difficult. Hopefully by 7th January, Dumbledore would of been able to defend Miss Granger properly so she could return to her school.

But, until Dumbledore does persuade the minister's mind, please inform us if you have any idea where Hermione is. The reward in galleons is big!!

Thank you, bye for now.

After saying it aloud, Draco angrily crumpled the copy of the daily prophet into a ball and threw it onto the coffee table. He then sat back down, gripping onto Hermione's hand tightly after he saw her sad and scared expression.

"I won't let anyone take you away from me. Dumbledore will fix this, I promise. And you should know that I keep my promises." Draco whispered close to Hermione's ear as he leant down and kissed her hand, before looking down at the promise ring that still lay on Hermione's finger. It made Draco smile widely.

'I love how she never takes that thing off. It means the world to me.' Draco thought to himself privately, before they just continued their night of explaining to Narcissa about every thing, then talking about Quidditch, then lessons, then the missions that they were given by the dark lord, and then back to Quidditch. They just sat there and they all had a decent chat and hang out for the first time in ages without getting attacked, almost killed, or sent off to prison. Draco chuckled at that thought.

The next chapter: it'll be new years! Narcissa hosts a ball part one