(44) - meet up

Hermione got dressed. Into a beautiful red dress. Her hair was down and she had on red heels. She also wore a beautiful red crystal flower necklace.

She walked into the tent and immediately was caught in a tight embrace by someone who she didn't see. But when the person pulled away from her, Hermione saw who it was.

"Viktor!!" Hermione squealed happily, and pulled Viktor Krum into another tight hug. After pulling away once again, Viktor beamed down at Hermione.

"Herm-own-ninny!!" Viktor replied loudly. He offered his hand to Hermione for them to dance, and Hermione accepted and they went onto the dance floor. But then Hermione glanced at her red watch that lay on her right wrist really quickly. 11:52. She had eight minutes before she would meet Draco. Maybe for the last time ever.

"How have you been Viktor? I've not seem you in.. How long has it been? Three years?" Hermione questioned.

"Yes, yes it has been that long herm-own-ninny! You look great!" Viktor commented. Hermione blushed slightly.

They danced for a few minutes, until it was 11:59.

"Um.. Viktor? Is it okay if we continue this later on? I have someplace to be." Hermione stated.

Viktor nodded and waved to Hermione before going to grab a drink. Hermione sprinted outside and to the burrow's front door. She looked around for any sign of Draco.

"Draco!?" She called out. There was some rustling in the bushes around the corner, until Draco appeared.

"Draco..." Hermione rushed over and hugged Draco tightly. Draco didn't hesitate to hug her back.

"Don't go 'Mione. Please." Draco begged. Hermione sighed.

"Draco, I have to!" Hermione groaned.

"No you don't! Stay with me..." Draco whispered he looked Hermione dead in the eye. "Leave your friends and... And run away with me!" Draco mumbled. Hermione let a silent gasp escape past her lips in shock.

"Draco..." Hermione muttered. "I--"

"--no. We really could run away together you know, we could!" Draco yelled sadly. Hermione just looked down at the floor and didn't reply. "We'll just run away away! Together! And leave all the death eater problems behind.. Start a new life with me 'Mione!" Draco exclaimed loudly. Hermione quickly took out her wand and cast a silencing charm around them both.

"It's a lot of thinking to do... Draco, it's a big step! Running away!? What about Harry and Voldemort!? Harry can't stop the monster on his own!" Hermione screamed.

"Hermione... I don't want to lose you again! Stay with me." Draco cried out.

"Draco... Look at me." Hermione whispered. Draco looked into her brown eyes again. Hermione leaned up to Draco's lips slowly, as if asking permission to kiss him. Hermione was granted permission when Draco leaned in quickly and captured her lips with his. After a few moments, they broke apart and Hermione became sadly serious.

"Draco.... Don't you get it?" Hermione murmured. Draco tried to hold back tears, and he succeeded as he put a brave mask over his hurt. "You can't just sit there and put everybody's lives ahead of yours, and think that counts as love!" Hermione finished. Draco grabbed hold of Hermione's hands.

"I know what counts as love!!" Draco yelled. He let a single tear slip down his cheek, but quickly wiped it away.

"I love you Draco."

Draco was a bit shocked at first. Hermione had said that she loved him before, but not in ages. It was the first time she said it when.. They weren't together.