(8) - the ball of light in the manor

There Hermione was once again, the house she knew too well. Malfoy Manor. She was coming here all the time now to have meetings and normally, she would call this place her second home (after Hogwarts of course), but Hermione didn't want to call this place her second home. She even preferred the burrow over this terrible dark Manor.

Hermione felt an ice cold hand touch her right shoulder, making Hermione shiver from the delicate touch. Hermione turned and saw that it was Narcissa smiling weakly at Hermione.

"Are you okay, dear?" Narcissa asked. Hermione hesitated but gave a small nod, smiling weakly back. Draco walked up to them with his trunk.

"Can we go in now? It's cold out here." Draco complained childishly. Narcissa chuckled, nodded, and started walking towards the huge dark manor.

Once they entered, Lucius walked up to Hermione and Draco, Lucius tried a smile but it ended up being a smirk.

"Draco will show you your room." Lucius stated to Hermione, nodding once to Draco. Draco walked past Hermione, gesturing for her to follow, and they went up the cold marble staircase and turned right when they reached the top.

They stopped in front of the second door on the right, opposite Draco's, and pushed open the white door to a reveal a huge bedroom. Hermione's smile slowly started to fade when she realised how dark and spooky this room looked when the lights were turned off. Draco flicked the light switch on and Hermione saw how huge the room looked, she let out a loud gasp and immediately slapped her hand over her mouth when she saw Draco looked at her and he chuckled, making Hermione blush.

There was a window on the opposite side of the room from where Draco and Hermione were standing, with black glittery curtains to go with it. There was a bathroom on the right side of the room, with a black shiny dresser for makeup and hair accessories on the left side of the room. In the far right corner of the room, leaning against the wall, just to the right of the window, was a huge dark purple master bed with fancy patterns going all the way up the duvet. There was a black and white diamond chandelier dangling on the ceiling in the centre of the room. There was a huge white and grey carpet on the floor in the centre of the room. It was a beautiful room, even if it was dark.. At least everyone knew that the room owner was a death eater, it was quite obvious from this room.

Hermione was snapped out of her thoughts when Draco cleared his throat, making Hermione turn to face him.

"I.. Um, i'm gonna leave you to it then. Dinner is at 7." Draco stated, slamming the door shut behind him. After about five seconds of Hermione just staring at the door that Draco had left through, she finally went and sat on her extremely comfy bed and pulled out a book that she was currently reading. She will have plenty of time to unpack later.

It had been an hour and the great grandfather clock in the corner of Hermione's room just chimed 7:00. Time for dinner! Hermione slid the bookmark into her book, put it on her bedside table and skipped out of her room. She turned a left and rushed around the right corner, and then another right and then continued down the corridor. Then a left, right, right, straight, left. Hermione is actually lost in a manor!

"Hello?" Hermione called out as she turned to the left and entered a dark corridor. It had six doors, three on each side. It had cobwebs in each corner of the corridor and it was very creaky and scary. She called again. "Anyone!? Malfoy?"

Hermione gave a loud squeal as a spider brushed against her foot, she turned to try and get out of this corridor but the door was locked. Hermione tried to open the door again, and again and again. It wouldn't open.

She strolled over to the closest door in the corridor and it still wouldn't open, she went to the next one and tried to push it open. It opened. It was a small dark room with one dimly lit candle in the centre of it. Woah! Hermione gave a loud squeal again as someone pushed her into the room, but no one was there. It was like the wind just pushed her in. The door slammed behind her.

"H..hello?" Hermione mumbled, her breath started to quietly speed up. Her heart jumped a beat as a noise was heard behind her.

Hermione span around, her brown curls flied over her shoulder. A ball of blue light randomly appeared in the corner of the room, the blue light was mumbling something, like it was calling Hermione's name. She took a cautious step towards the light so she was right in front of it now.

"Hermione Granger is not who people think she is." The blue light whispered.

"Hello?" Hermione quietly called to the light. She squinted her eyes slightly, trying to focus on where she has heard that voice before.

Hermione took another cautious step towards it, but immediately stepped back once it started to speak again. What is this ball of light? Even Hermione Granger, the brightest witch of her age, has never seen such a thing like this before.

"Hermione Granger, Mudblood, strongest and bravest than any other girl at her age. She is not what you think." The voice in the blue ball of light grew louder. Hermione stepped again towards it.

Hermione was now so close that, if she raised her hand just a little bit, she would be able to touch the light. Hermione pulled her hand up and stretched it a little bit towards the light, the whispers grew louder and louder as Hermione's hand grew closer and closer. She was about to touch it when... The door slammed open and in ran Draco, looking somewhat terrified. Hermione quickly dropped her hand from near the blue light and turned to face Draco.

"Granger! Get out of this room right now! My parents are waiting!!" Draco yelled, going to grab Hermione's wrist. Hermione quickly turned back to where the light was, but it was gone...

"Malfoy? What the hell was that!?" Hermione questioned loudly, pointing to where the light was. Draco looked to where Hermione was pointing and looked completely confused.

"What the hell was what? Come on, Granger, you must be seeing things. Lets go!!" Draco screeched, dragging Hermione out of the room and slamming the door behind them. He turned to face Hermione. "Never. Ever. Enter that room again! Understand?" Draco whispered. Hermione just nodded quickly and they both left back out of the corridor and Draco guided Hermione to the dining room.

..........

The next chapter: Hermione has a creepy dream and Draco, when Hermione tells him, feels like it mjght be real