Second book - (42) - obliviate

Hermione stood in her room, beside her bed. She looked down at the daily prophet that was laid on her bed in front of her. It was the holidays before they returned to Hogwarts. Well, maybe not. Hermione didn't even know if she wanted to return. Incase he was returning. Hermione couldn't even say his name without sobbing slightly.

Hermione slowly turned around to face her window, and looked down at the photo in a beautiful picture frame. Hermione went over and picked up the picture frame. It was of her and Draco. Draco and Hermione had taken lots of pictures together, but the one in Hermione's hands was her favourite one. (photo is at the start of the chapter).

Hermione began to sob. It happened every time she looked at the photo. She thought about throwing it away or burning it, but couldn't bring herself to do it.

And then Hermione turned her attention back to the daily prophet on her bed. She hugged the picture frame to her chest as she read the headline of the wizard newspaper.

Muggle Family Murdered

Hermione let out a long sigh as she read more of the daily prophet. Until Hermione's mum's voice echoed into her room.

"Hermione!? Tea's ready darling!" Jean Granger yelled. Hermione tore her gaze away from the paper and wiped away her tears.

"Coming mum!" Hermione replied. She turned around and put the picture frame back on the windowsill. She missed him. And she needed him. Hermione really needed Draco. She didn't know how much but she did. And then, Hermione walked downstairs. To find her parents watching the TV.

Hermione glanced around the living room, it might be the last time that she saw it. Her eyes landed on the tons of photos on the cupboard, of Hermione with her parents. A single tear left Hermione's eye, but she immediately wiped it away.

Hermione pointed her wand at her mum and dad slowly. She looked like she was about to hesitate. But knew it was to protect them. She was only going to erase their memories. Hermione didn't want to put her parents' lives at risk.

Apart from Ron, Harry and Ginny, Hermione's parents were the only family that Hermione had left. Draco's gone, and so is Dumbledore. Hermione had lost two members of her family, not biologically, but they both still counted as family to her.

Hermione finally let her determined self take over and slowly got ready to say the spell to her parents.

"Obliviate." She whispered as all of the photos in the frames began to take her out of all of them. So they just had her parents standing there, with no daughter. Hermione, again, couldn't bring herself to cry. Hermione had parents, but now her parents didn't have a daughter.

'Looks like I better help Harry find these horcruxes. If I lose Harry, Ginny or Ron, I'll have no one left.' Hermione thought to herself as she quietly walked over to the door and pulled it open silently.

Hermione took one last glance at her parents, who were still focused on their tea and TV, and then she left the house and began walking down the quiet street, quietly stomping in the puddles as she walked into them, not really looking where she was going when she stomped in a massive puddle and got soaked as she groaned, frustrated. She continued on down the street, until she was able to appear at the burrow.

"Hermione! Good to see you! We were just about to leave for Harry's, you're free to join us!" Mrs Weasley yelled, pulling Hermione into a tight hug. They all grabbed eachothers hands and apparated to in front of Harry's house in private drive.

Ron went up and knocked on the door, Hermione was close behind him. When Harry opened the door, Ron got the first hug but Hermione hugged Harry closely second. It felt nice to hug someone as Draco was the last person she had hugged.

Hermione pulled away from the hug and went into his house. Hermione could only think about what thing. She had had a terrible dream the night before. Of Draco. It was he never gave up being a death eater for her like he promised, and it broke Hermione's heart. She woke up in the middle of that night in cold sweat, and knew that she needed her parents to be safe.

There was a few greetings with Harry and the others who had arrived, and then mad-eye moody explained to Harry about him bring under-age and all. Hermione sort of zoned out and glanced around his house while mad-eye was explaining. He took out a little, weird shaped flask and gave it a little shake in front of everyone.

"I'm sure you're all familiar with this particular brew!" Mad-eye whispered.

"No! Absolutely not!" Harry tried to protest.

"Told you he'd take it well." Hermione pointed out.

"If you think that I'm gonna let everyone risk their lives for me!!" Harry yelled. Hermione sighed from somewhere behind Harry.

Harry continued to say no and protest to the polyjuice potion in mad-eye's hand, while everyone else kept arguing him to do it.

After Hermione got her cue from mad-eye, she turned to face him, walked up to Harry and pulled a few strands of hair out of his head. While Harry mumbled something while rubbing his head, Hermione slowly dropped the hairs into the flask, and then stepped back again to stand beside Ron.

A few people slowly drank from the glass. Hermione found it funny watching everyone change to look like Harry. They all finally looked like him and then got into more clothes. Hermione picked up a pair of the glasses and could hardly see out of them.

"Harry.. Your eyesight really is awful!" Hermione groaned and then continued to putting on a grey jacket over the red shirt that she put on.

Soon, they were off. And flying high in the hair on either brooms or dragons. Harry and Hagrid was on his motorbike though of course.

Hermione swore as they flew, that the death eaters had expected her to come. Because the death eaters started firing spells after spells at them. And Hermione felt herself begin to cry once she saw some platinum blond hair dive past. Draco looked back at her, and it's like he knew that it was Hermione and not Harry.

And once Hermione looked at Draco and cried, that's how he knew that it was indeed Hermione. He looked at her one last time and then was gone.

Hermione held tightly onto Kingsley as he flew faster and faster. And, after Hermione narrowly blocked a killing curse, they made it back to the burrow.

Hermione waited for any sign of Ron, so she at least knew that her two best friends were alright. So when Hermione saw him, she ran up to him and pulled him in for a hug.

And then Harry came over and pulled both Hermione and Ron into a hug. Hermione felt happy and relieved, but only a little bit. She had gone back to sad when she saw Draco still as a Deatheater that. Her dream was true.

But at least her two best friends were here and alive, minus Ginny of course.