(5) - arguements

Snape entered the hospital wing an hour later and Hermione was fast asleep, but her breathing still was slower than it should've been. At least she was breathing. Snape went over to Hermione but looked up at Draco, who was reading and didn't notice Snape's presence.

"How is she?" Snape asked, making Draco jump
as he finally realised Snape was there.

"Fine I guess." Draco mumbled, looking back down at his book.

But then, Draco immediately closed his book as Hermione turned in her sleep and her eyes flew open, she sat up and looked around in confusion.

"W..where am I?" She muttered, rubbing the back of her head and stretching. Draco looked at Snape, looked at the door, and then back at Snape. Snape knew what Draco meant by that and nodded, before turning to Hermione.

"I'll be back shortly." And then he left, leaving Draco and Hermione alone. Hermione turned to Draco.

"Hi." She whispered, looking down so she didn't have to meet Draco's eyes.

"Why?" Draco randomly asked. Hermione looked up at this, looking really confused.

"Why what?" She questioned.

"Why did you do that!? The spell was coming right at me!!" Draco exclaimed, raising his voice in frustration.

"Well, sorry for trying to save you!" Hermione argued back.

"I don't need saving! I'm a Malfoy, we can handle ourselves! Now what are my friends gonna think of me, that a mud--muggle-born just saved a pureblood Malfoy!? No need to embarrass me..." Draco yelled.

"Listen, Malfoy! I didn't just nearly die for you because i had to, i did it because i don't want to lose another person, even if I hate them, okay? I've lost too many in my life, I don't want to lose another!!" Hermione cried out.

"Well you hate me!! So why would you care if I got hurt or died!?" Draco questioned.

"I never said i would care! I just hate that a lot or people always end up getting hurt and it's always my fault! You just nearly got hurt because of me, because Harry saw you with me!" Hermione screamed, trying not to cry. Draco didn't know how to reply to that.

"I... Um.. Well... I wouldn't have got hurt. I'm just as good at spells than him!" Draco finally replied.

"Against someone who survived the killing curse!? You wish, Malfoy. And it doesn't matter now, as I sacrificed myself!!" Hermione looked down at her left arm which still had a few tiny scratches down it.

"You didn't have to, you didn't want to, and you shouldn't have done that. So, next time, let me fight my own battles." Draco stated.

"Malfoy, you listen to me right now!! Even though I don't like you, we still have to see each other every day! I've finally gotten used to the fact that I'm working on a mission to kill my head teacher, with you! I'm always going to blame myself, even if it wasn't my fault, I'm always going to hate myself if I find you dead one day! I don't like you, I hate you, I don't care for you, your a ferret and a cockroach, your so bloody selfish for not even bothering to say thank you for me risking my life like that!!" Hermione screeched very loudly, tears started to fall.

"Next time, let me die then. It'll be better than letting you risk your life, I would rather me to die! Now get some rest." Draco muttered. Before Hermione could speak, Draco hurried out of the room.

"No, I'll keep sacrificing myself for you." Hermione mumbled to herself as Draco had already left. She completely didn't realise that Draco just said that he would risk his life to keep Hermione safe.

With Harry and Ginny

"You did what!?!?" Ginny squealed, shooting up from her chair next to Harry and glared at him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to! I was aiming at Malfoy, she jumped in the way!" Harry explained.

"You shouldn't have even done it at Malfoy either, that spell should never be used again, not even to our enemies! It's just pure evil!" Ginny exclaimed. Harry stood up and grabbed Ginny's hands in his.

"I'm sorry, okay? Hermione is fine, I promise. You know I would never ever hurt 'Mione on purpose, right?" Harry whispered.

"Yeah I know, Harry. I'm just worried for 'Mione, she's my best friend and she's sitting up in the hospital wing. Can we visit her? Please!?" Ginny begged.

"Fine." Harry chuckled.

"Harry? I have a question.. Why was Hermione with Malfoy anyway?" Ginny asked.

"I don't know. Ginny, just leave it. Hermione will tell us why." Harry smiled down at his girlfriend.

"I don't think she will. She's hiding something." Ginny mumbled, looking at the floor.

"She wouldn't be hiding anything.. I hope.. Just stop and lets go to the hospital wing!" Harry said, trying to pull Ginny over to the portrait hole of the Gryffindor common room.

"Harry, wait!" Ginny began, pulling Harry back. Ginny was surprisingly strong. "Why don't you care if 'Mione was hiding something!?" Ginny questioned.

"I never said that." Was all Harry said.

"Don't believe you." Ginny snapped back.

"Ginny, give it a rest! Lets go see our friend and she can tell us what's going on when she wants, okay!?" Harry retaliated, getting slightly annoyed.

"No."

"No!? Ginny, what's wrong?"

"I said no, Harry! I'm not the person you can just boss around whenever you want, so stop treating me like that! I might be a Weasley, but i can make my own decisions! Just go."

"What do you mean? We are going to the hospital wing, aren't we?" Harry questioned.

"Tell Hermione I'll visit her later. I need time to cool down after this. And to think about the fact that you're the one who put my best friend in the hospital wing." Ginny muttered, turning around and walking towards the stairs to the girls dorms as she sprinted up them. Harry ran after her, calling her name. But as he reached the stairs, he attempted to climb up them but ended up sliding down from the slide that transformed.

..........

The next chapter: Hermione gets let out of the hospital wing finally, and Voldemort has told them to go to the manor immediately to explain things that Snape has informed him about. So Hermione faces Draco for the first time since the fight.

When they return, Harry, Ron and Draco fight and it might be over Hermione.