(4) - Hermione's sacrifice

Hermione sat reading on her bed in her dorm. It had been three days and it was still the holidays, so the school was really quiet recently. Hermione was finally allowed to see her parents today! But, unfortunately, Hermione received her dark mark in four days...

Half an hour later, Hermione slipped her bookmark back into her book, put it on her bedside table and rushed downstairs and out of Hogwarts to Hogsmeade where she could apparate to Malfoy Manor.

When she reached there, she quickly checked her muggle watch and apparated away. When she arrived there though, she was greeted by Voldemort himself as he had obviously expected her. Just looking at Voldemort made Hermione's body shake in fear.

"Miss Granger, you have finally arrived! I'm afraid we have some good news." Voldemort smirked evilly and proudly.

"W..what is it, m..my lor..lord?" Hermione asked politely, stuttering in fear.

"Your parents.. As you joined us, we agreed to free them." Voldemort stated, now trying to hide his proud smirk. Hermione eyes started stinging with tears in her eyes with happiness.

"Why? I-I didn't think you would! Thank you!" Hermione yelled, a wide smile breaking onto her face 

"But!!!!!" Voldemort exclaimed.

"But?" Hermione questioned.

"Yes but! We had to temporarily remove their memories! We used one of Dolohov's created spells, not obliviate. Their memories will reset at the end of the school year next June! But until then... You will live her for this Christmas holidays!" Voldemort explained.

"Y..Yes my lord... I be..tter go..." Hermione stuttered nervously, bowing her head in a way of saying goodbye, and she apparated away.

She arrived in hogsmeade, wiping away some small tears. Her parents temporarily didn't remember her. What's done is done. It was dinner there, so Hermione ran up to the castle as she was starving. But, as she passed a corridor and was about to turn a corner, she heard loud sobs coming from.. The boy's bathroom? It sounded like.. Draco. Hermione pressed her ear up against the door to listen more. Yes, it was definitely Draco. Hermione needed to make sure he is alright, so she pushed open the doors.

Draco stood there, crying his eyes out. As he looked into the mirror in front of him, he saw Hermione standing behind him. He span around and just looked at her for a sec, breathing heavily but his sobs quietened down.

"Draco.." Hermione whispered.

"He knows! Potter knows that it was me who cursed Rosmerta! I used an unforgivable and Potter is going to Dunbledore about it!!" Draco screamed as he tried not to cry again.

Hermione was about to go over and hug Draco and just be a comforting person, but was stopped by a voice behind her. She span around, her mouth fell open and her eyes grew wide. Oh damn it.

"Harry?" Hermione mumbled.

"Hermione, what the hell are you doing in here!? And with Malfoy of all people?" Harry screeched.

"Harry, listen." Hermione began. She opened her mouth to continue but was stopped by a hand silencing her.

"No need for explanations, Hermione. Step aside, I have some business with Malfoy to attend to." Harry yelled, glaring at Draco. Hermione went to grab Harry's arm but he just shook her arm off. Harry took a threatening step towards Draco, Draco cautiously jumped for his wand.

"Harry, Malfoy! Don't hurt eachother, lower your wands!" Hermione demanded, but both boys ignored her. Hermione went and ran over to Draco, but stood behind of Draco for some reasons. Draco fired a hex at Harry but he reflected it.

"STUPIFY!!"

"PROTEGO, EXPELLIARMUS!!"

"PROTEGO!!"

"Malfoy, Harry.. Please stop!"

"PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!!"

"PROTEGO!! Is that the best you've got, Malfoy? How about this? ... SECTUMSEMPRA!!!!!" Harry voices echoed around the room. Draco was too slow to reach for his wand at the time so the spell was definitely going to hit him. Hermione was familiar of what it said in the book. 'For enemies.' Oh no, that spell couldn't be good! Hermione couldn't let Draco get hit by that spell.

"HARRY, NO!!!" Hermione screamed. Without even thinking, she charged in front of Draco just as the spell was inches away, and it hit Hermione right in the middle of the chest. She fell to the floor as she felt like all the air was knocked out of her lungs and she was finding it hard to breathe. Her body twitched and turned in pain as she cried for help. Her breathing was definitely slowing down as Hermione lay in a pool of her own blood.

"Potter!! Look what you did to Granger!! Get out of here before I report you to Dumbledore! GO!!!" Draco hissed, kneeling down beside Hermione as she continued to cry in pain.

The door swung open and in walked Snape as Harry walked past him and out of the boy's bathroom.

"What happened to her?" Snape whispered, pulling out his wand and kneeling on the other side of Granger.

"Potter used this weird spell on her." Draco replied, looking up at Snape and watching him start to heal Hermione.

"He'll be in terrible trouble, but I have to take a class for the.. Ugh.. Hufflepuff's now. Take Miss Granger to the hospital wing right now. I'll meet you up there in an hour, don't leave her side." Snape stated, turning around and hurrying out of the room.

"Wait, what!? How am I supposed to take Granger up a flight of stairs!? Snape!?!?" Draco called after Snape, but he was long gone.

He turned back down to the crying Hermione on the floor, still in a pool of her own blood. Draco knelt down next to her and just looked at her for a moment, before picking her up and staining his white shirt with her blood.

"You owe me for this, Granger. I just ruined my shirt!" He groaned, pushing the door open and walking down the corridor.

When Draco kicked open the door as his hands were occupied with Granger in them, Madame Pomfrey started running towards them with an expression that looks like she had seen a ghost.

"What happened to Miss Granger!?" Pomfrey screeched.

"Umm... Just a powerful unknown spell hit her. Professor Snape healed her as much as he can but he told me to bring her here to rest for a few days." Draco explained, laying her down on the nearest bed.

Madame Pomfrey, without saying another word, ran off to get some potions to heal Hermione. A lot of the blood had disappeared from when Snape tried to heal her, but Hermione still had a few bruises on her arm where she fell after getting hit, and just a bit of blood that dripped down her chest where she was hit, staining her uniform. Draco took a seat by her, waiting for Snape.

..........

The next chapter: Draco stays in the hospital with Hermione while Snape was doing a class. After, Snape came to check on Hermione but when Snape leaves, Draco starts blaming Hermione for stuff which he sort of regrets ever saying in the first place.