(49) - the graduation assembly

"Wow... I can't believe this is all over..." Hermione sighed. Draco, Hermione, Harry, Ron, Ginny, Neville and Luna were standing on the bridge by Hogwarts, looking over at all of the rubble, bricks and mess that they used to call the safest place in the world.

"I know.. Well atleast we won this stupid war. Voldemort is gone and everyone is happy. Correct?" Harry asked. The other six murmured 'correct' and then they all started slowly heading into the great hall. Bodies lay everywhere.

Everyone lost ATLEAST one special person who they would never forget.

-two years later-

Everyone, who survived the war of course, sat in the rebuilt Hogwarts great hall. It looked just the same as before, just how everyone liked it. And they sat here for the graduation assembly for everyone who was leaving Hogwarts.

So much had happened in the last two years. Eight months after the war, everyone got letters saying that Hogwarts had been rebuilt and they were invited back. Draco, Hermione and the others (except Ginny and Luna) went back for the added eighth year while Ginny and Luna went into seventh year. Draco and Hermione had been made the eighth year head girl and head boy. And Luna was made head girl with a random Gryffindor boy as head boy for seventh year.

Now everyone sat at the graduation assembly! Woo hoo! And the eighth and seventh year head boy and girl had been asked to give a short speech.

"Hello everyone, this year has finally come to an end. But they'll be many years to come! And for today, i have asked the heads for the top two years to come and give a short speech about their experiences at Hogwarts and about the adventures here. So can we please start off with the seventh year head girl. Luna Lovegood!" McGonagall explained. Everyone clapped as Luna made her way onto the stage.

"Hey everyone! Well i just wanna start off by saying that for the past years that i have been here have been the best years of my life! Half of them have been quite eventful but I've heard massive stories about them! Like in my first year, one of my best friends Ginny Weasley was taken into the chamber of secrets and was basically controlled by a diary! But i didn't really take part in any of that. So yeah, every single one of my years has had something huge happened! But until fourth year, I didn't take part in any of it. Until I met Harry Potter that is, when he was in his fifth year, and it's like everything changed! Because in that year, I joined an alliance with the golden trio and everyone else who wanted to be involved. And then me, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Ron and Neville broke into the ministry to save Sirius Black, where we found a prophecy about Harry and then battled a bunch of death eaters who wanted the prophecy! But yeah, that was probably the first dare devil thing that i had ever done. And now I've made the bestest friends that I'll keep for a lifetime. Hogwarts is the place to be. Thank you." Luna explained, and then skipped off of the stage happily as everyone clapped her off.

And then after the Gryffindor seventh year head boy, it was Hermione's turn. After McGonagall mentioned Hermione's name, the brunette strode onto the stage and stood in the centre with a huge smile on her face.

"Hey. Everyone knows me as... Hermione Granger, war heroine, best friend of Harry Potter, a third of the golden trio, the smartest witch of her age, and so many more awesome titles that people have come up with! I wake up every morning and find that either me, Draco, Harry, Ron, Ginny, Neville or Luna are on the front page of the daily prophet every day! And sometimes all of us are on it! But inside, I'm not who people think I am. I am Hermione Granger! Bookworm and bushy haired know-it-all. The girl the Slytherin's picked on all through my years here because of my blood! But i didn't let that stop me from enjoying myself all through my time here at Hogwarts! I've made life long friends, had ups and downs and had tons of adventures! Not one year has just been normal, but I don't mind that! Every single year, I've been a huge part of a huge adventure! All because I befriended Harry Potter in first year. But I've got no regrets and I never will. All of my adventures, choices, happiness and sadness had made me who I am today! And two years ago, I fought in a war between good and evil that I nearly died in more than once. But that also has defined my life. All of this is because of Hogwarts. Hogwarts and Hogwarts' mysteries and secrets amazes me! And I love every bit of it. Thank you." Hermione finally finished and walked off the stage to her seat.

"Now everyone.. Last but not least! The eighth year head boy, Draco Malfoy!" Everyone clapped Draco onto the stage.

"Hey guys. Everyone, since my sixth year, always titled me as the Slytherin prince, or the death eater. But i am no perfect prince, and I've never wanted my future to be me as a death eater! And if it wasn't for this one girl, i might've still been Draco Malfoy, arrogant git, and forever a death eater. But now this girl has given me the strength to stop all of that before it became too much for me. My parents always treated me terribly... But I knew they both still loved me dearly. But because of their actions towards me, they made me who I became in first year to sixth year. Until, in sixth year, I was changed again into a better person. A person who doesn't bully people or call them names because of their blood. A person who treats people with respect and a person who is big enough to admit their mistakes. Who is this girl you ask? Hermione Granger. The love of my life. My fighter and hero. Hermione? I need a word with you. Come up here for a moment please!"

Hermione blushed as Draco called her up onto the stage, and slowly walked up to him.

"Hermione... All my years at Hogwarts, I treated you terribly and called you that terrible word that purebloods preferred calling muggle-Borns. And I'm going to regret calling you that for the rest of my life. But I have one wish. My only wish. My one wish is to have my future, only if you'll be in it with me, by my side, every step of the way! So... With that... I ask you one question." Draco explained has he bent down on one knee and took a small black box out of his jeans pocket, and opened it up in front of Hermione. Many gasps and excited squeals were heard around the hall and Hermione's hand shot up to her mouth and her eyes brimmed with tears. "Hermione Jean Granger! Will you, please, be my bride?"

Silence. Hermione took a few seconds to register what happened before she faced reality and finally shouted, shouted really loudly might I add, her answer.

"YES DRACO! YES!!!" She screamed. Draco didn't need to hear it twice and jumped onto his feet, dipping Hermione off of her feet and kissed her passionately. After they broke apart, Draco slid the ring onto Hermione's ring finger and cheers erupted around the halls.

"I love you 'Mione." Draco whispered into Hermione's ear.

"I love you too Dray."

"Forever?"

"Yep. Forever." Hermione confirmed.