(20) - sudden surprise

Draco and Hermione were sitting around the table, eating and bringing up small talk about random school stuff and things. But then, once they were both finished, Draco waved his wand and the whole table, plates and chairs had disappeared and Hermione was pushed to her feet.

"Draco, what the hell?" Hermione whispered in a hushed tone, looking at where the table had disappeared from moments ago. Draco extended his hand towards Hermione and she just stared at it.

"Come on, let me have one dance." Draco whispered. Hermione looked up from Draco's hand and into his eyes, giving a small half smile.

"I can't dance, I'm really bad at it." Hermione hushed, clearly sounding embarrassed.

"Well,,you know what they say!" Draco began, taking a step towards Hermione and grabbing hold of her hand. "Practice makes perfect."

"But there isn't any music." Hermione pointed out, trying to sound polite without just saying that she couldn't dance and didn't even want to. But unfortunately, Draco gave another flick of his wand and faint music grew louder, coming out from nowhere.

"You have no excuse now." Draco chuckled, letting go of Hermione's hands and grabbing hold of Hermione's waist, beginning to sway to the music. Hermione hated dancing but for some reason, felt like she wanted to dance with Draco. So she blushed and began to dance with him, looking in to his dark eyes.

"I'm sorry." Hermione whispered, not looking away from Draco's eyes.

"For what?" He asked, still dancing to the quiet, but still clear, music.

"For starting that fight, running away from 'home', for not staying around for the end of the party. I'm sorry for it all!" Hermione explained.

"It's okay, I forgave you from the start. Cos, to be honest, I could never stay mad at you." Draco sighed quietly. Hermione smiled wider and she didn't notice the slight pink colour that both of their cheeks were starting to get.

Wait.. What was Draco doing? Was he leaning in? What!? Draco was literally leaning in to kiss Hermione, and for some reason, Hermione knew this but didn't move an inch. Their lips were only inches away, but before they kissed, Hermione's head started throbbing painfully.

'No! Not now! Not when he was about to kiss me! OW!!! Not now!' Hermione thought as her head continued to feel like it was being stabbed multiple times. The whole tent started to spin, Hermione became extremely dizzy too. Draco noticed this and stepped one step back.

"You okay?" He asked, concerned and going to touch Hermione's forehead with the back of his hand. "You're burning up! What's wrong?" Draco questioned.

"Nothing! I'm fi--" but before Hermione could finish, her dizziness got even worse and she collapsed. Draco caught her before she hit the ground, and made sure she was okay before apparation away to Malfoy Manor where Lucius or Narcissa should know what's wrong.

When Draco's feet touched the ground with Hermione still in his hands, he rushed inside the manor and shouted for his mother or father but to his shock, Bellatrix waltzed in.

"Aunt Bella! Hermione, she collapsed! Please help her!" Draco exclaimed, bringing Hermione over to lay on the sofa.

"I'll go get the dark lord, Draco. Wait here." Bellatrix whispered before running off down the corridor to the study.

Two minutes later, it was Narcissa and Bellatrix who both returned instead of the dark lord. Narcissa ran over to Hermione's side and rolled up her sleeve for some reason, touching it with the back of her hand. She immediately pulled it back as if Narcissa was burned by Hermione's left arm.

"Oh, just as I thought." Narcissa mumbled so it was barely audible. Draco looked puzzled as he bent down beside his mother.

"What's wrong with her?" Draco asked, scanning over Hermione's body.

"Don't worry dear, it's nothing bad. Miss Granger isn't used to getting summoned by the dark lord, it was her first time. Even if she doesn't have her mark, the dark lord has still noted her as a death eater and can still summon her when he needs her most." Narcissa explained, not taking her eyes off of Hermione's unconscious body.

"Why does the dark lord need her, mother?" Draco asked.

"The dark lord wanted to see how Hermione would react to it being her first time. I better go tell him about this.." Narcissa whispered, standing up. "Oh. And please remind Miss Granger that her dark mark in initiation is in two days, so make sure she is prepared. Good day Draco. I would appreciate it if you bring her up to her room." Narcissa added.

Draco lifted Hermione's body and carried her up the stairs. To their surprise, Pansy and Blaise were standing in front of Hermione's door. They immediately looked up once they saw Draco and Hermione.

"Hermione! What happened to her!?" Pansy screeched as she ran over to Hermione's side with Blaise.

"It's fine. I'll explain everything later, now I better get her in bed." Draco muttered, heading into Hermione's room.

Half an hour later, Draco had left Hermione's side and Hermione was still unconscious, but she was luckily breathing normally. But, later im the night, Hermione started to stir in her sleep. A dream entered her mind.

Hermione woke up in sweat, thoughts started to swim through her mind as she sat up properly on her bed, breathing heavily.

"It was just a dream." She mumbled to herself, laying backwards on her bed again. The thoughts continued to swim around her mind.

'Was that going to show the future?' 'Why did it have Draco in it?' 'Will I get hurt like the dream?' 'Why did I even have a dream?'

Hermione was left with thoughts that she didn't know the answer to. And it kept her up all night.

..........

The next chapter: Hermione has her dark mark initiation! (we skip the 27th)