(9) - the dream

It was 11:00, and Hermione still couldn't even blink for a second. Her eyes were stinging badly as she could barely blink without seeing the blue light flash in front of her. It had been just over 4 hours since the voice spoke from the ball of light, it was like a type of.. Sign. But she immediately brushed that thought off.

It was late, Hermione was exhausted. She put on some pyjamas and crawled into her comfy bed, getting one last glance around her room before her eyes fell shut.

Hermione tossed and turned in her sleep as she shivered as if wind had just blew into her, even though all her windows and doors were locked shut. Hermione rolled over again and hugged herself in her silent sleep. A dream slid into her mind as Hermione rolled onto her stomach.

In Hermione's dream

There it was. A blue ball of light in the form of fire. Whispers filled the room from the fiery blue light and a pain went through Hermione's head, Hermione gave a small yelp in pain and clutched her head. The whispers continued to echo around the dark room.

'Hermione Granger has a secret... The world should know Hermione's secret, before it's too late...' The blue light hissed.

Hermione continued to listen to the light. This time, Draco will not be in the way this time, so Hermione stepped forward and raised her hand towards the quiet ball of light.

Another step forward. Her hands slid right through the blue fiery light and Hermione stepped two steps backwards to see if touching the light had done anything to it. But.. It stayed still. Until...

Sparks flew out from the light in each direction, and, as it did, the voice shouted at her, instead of whispering.

'Tell the world your secret. Before it's too late. Tell the world your secret. Before it's too late. Tell the world your secret. Before it's TOO LATE!!!' It screamed as the room started spinning and spinning around Hermione.

The room finally stopped moving around and it finally came back in to sight. The ball of light went small and it was only just visible now, Hermione squinted her eyes to try and see the fiery light but it was too small to see. Until the sparks began to fire out of the small ball of light again. And the light grew large.

Hermione gasped loudly as the ball of light grew so big that the whole room was filled with the familiar blue light. It slowly floated towards Hermione, she went to touch it again as the whispers came back and the yells disappeared.

'The secret is too shocking to say, but the world must know what it is today. Tell them the secret that has haunted you all this time, the secret that some people describe as betrayal or a crime. Tell them.. Today.' The ball mumbled the last three words over and over again.

Hermione's touched the light again but her hand didn't go through it, but just stroked the blue light delicately. It took a few minutes but then the light grew lighter and hit Hermione around the head, knocking her unconscious.

Out of Hermione's dream

Hermione sat up so fast that she almost fell off her bed. She glanced around her room and her eyes fell on a figure standing by the door, the figure flicked the lights on and came into view. Draco was standing in the doorway of Hermione's bedroom.

"Malfoy? Um.. What time is it?" Hermione mumbled, stretching.

"Time for breakfast! Are you alright, Granger?" Draco asked, leaning against the door frame.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" Hermione replied, trying to act as innocent as she could.

"Um.. You were sort of.. Screaming loudly in your sleep that you woke me, my mother, father up." Draco stated, chuckling awkwardly. Hermione blushed massively and gave an awkward smile.

"Oh.. Sorry..." Hermione muttered, to embarrassed to meet Draco's gaze.

"What happened? Why were you screaming?" Draco questioned, going over to sit on the edge of Hermione's bed.

"Umm... It's nothing. Just forget it.." Hermione mumbled.

"No, tell me. I might be a shallow death eater but doesn't mean I don't listen to people's problems and insecurities. Now tell me what happened. Why were you screaming in your
sleep?" Draco questioned again, meeting Hermione's eyes.

"Just a bad dream I guess..." Hermione said, not wanting to get into that much detail. When Draco raised an eyebrow for Hermione to continue, Hermione sighed and started to explain her dream.

...

"Really? Wow.. Was that what you were pointing at in that room yesterday? The thing i couldn't see?" Draco asked after Hermione had finished explaining.

"Yeah.. Um... Do you know what it is? I need answers. I've never had such a dream!" Hermione exclaimed, moving slightly to face Draco properly.

"I dunno.. Could it maybe be a.. A type of vision?" Draco questioned, Hermione didn't answer for a few seconds.

"Oh, just forget it... Let's go down to breakfast.. The dream isn't important." Hermione whispered, jumping off her bed.

"Are you sure, Granger?" Draco asked, also getting up from the bed.

"Yeah, I'm sure it won't happen again. Trust me." Hermione said, walking into her walk-in closet.

"Okay.. Well, I'll see you at breakfast? Oh, and by the way, I'm always here if you wanna talk about anything like that again." Draco stated, watching Hermione look through outfits to wear.

"Really?" Hermione questioned, her eyes widened as she quickly strolled out of the closet and looked straight at Draco.

"Yeah, of course. I might be a Slytherin death eater, but I do still have a heart." Draco joked, making Hermione chuckle slightly.

"Thanks, Mal--Draco. Um... I'll.. See you at breakfast then. I'll be down once I'm dressed." Hermione smiled at Draco.

"Okay... Bye then.." Draco whispered, heading for the bedroom door, but he quickly turned around one last time to face Hermione. "Oh.. And happy Christmas eve, Gr--...Hermione."

Hermione smiled at Draco. "You too, Draco."

Draco and Hermione stared at eachother for ages, just looking deep into eachothers eyes. Hermione saw the familiar silvery grey colour that blended in so well with the dark stormy grey in Draco's eyes, two perfect colours that blended in so well together. Hermione finally snapped out of her thoughts and blinked a few times, making Draco come back into reality as well.

"Um.. Yeah.. I'll see you at breakfast. Bye." Hermione whispered.

"Oh.. Before I go... I forgot to mention that my mum is hosting a Christmas ball tomorrow and a lot of people will be coming. I wish I could say that you could invite anyone you like but.. You know how my parents feel about your friends.. Especially Potter obviously.." Draco stated, Hermione nodded.

"Yeah, okay. Thanks for telling me, see you downstairs in a sec." Hermione smiled, watching Draco exit her room as she went back into her closet.

..........

The next chapter: Hermione gets a letter.. More like an invite.. To go to the burrow just for an hour or two on Christmas eve. As Hermione won't be able to see her friends on Christmas, they hang out on Christmas eve instead.