(48) - the war

-Time Skip-
*SO SORRY ABOUT THE TIME SKIP*

"Harry! Ron!" Hermione screamed as she saw them passing down a corridor. She beamed and began walking over to them, but fell to the floor instead.

"Hermione!!! Get Draco and bring him to the hospital wing! I'll meet you there with Hermione!" Hermione heard Harry tell Ron, before everything went black.

"The battle of Hogwarts is coming up. You will survive or die. When I'm finished with Harry Potter, the battle will not finish until you are dead with him. You betrayed me, we'll punish you for that."

Hermione jumped up with sweat dripping off of her forehead. She looked around the familiar room, the hospital wing, and saw Draco sitting on the side of her bed.

"D-Draco?" Hermione weakly whispered, rubbing her throbbing head.

"Hermione! Oh Merlin, you had everyone so worried. The hospital wing as been blocked off from the rest of the school so no one can enter, not even the dark lord." Draco explained. Hermione's eyes widened and she jumped out of the bed, but almost fell again. Luckily, Draco caught her.

"What!? Voldemort's here!?" Hermione yelled.

"Woah, you need to rest. And yes, the battle has started." Draco stated. Hermione quickly used all of her strength to stand back up and grabbed her wand that was on the nightstand.

"No! T-The battle has started? Already!? Voldemort's here.. He wants to kill me! NO, I need to go find my friends!!" Hermione shrieked and charged out of the door before Draco could say anything. And sure enough, the minute Hermione opened the door, spells flew from all around and bodies lay on the floor.

Hermione ran down the hall with Draco chasing behind. But then Hermione froze and let Draco catch up to her. She couldn't leave him alone, he betrayed the death eaters too. Draco caught up and slid his hand into Hermione's, and the two ran down the steps, hand in hand. A flash of ginger hair caught Hermione's attention. A Weasley. A female Weasley.

"Ginny!!!" Hermione screamed. Ginny turned around to see who was calling her, just as a death eater cast a spell at the redhead. "NO! Protego!!" Hermione casted, running over to Ginny just in time to block the spell. Hermione turned to face Ginny. "Ginny, where is Harry and Ron?" Hermione asked.

"Hermione... Ron has trying to look for you ever! Ron said that if you were dead, then he would kill himself. And Harry... Went to go see Voldemort in the woods." Ginny explained in between casting blocking spells at death eaters.

"What!? No no no!!! Draco, come on! I'm not letting Harry die!" Hermione shouted. Draco and Hermione both ran out of Hogwarts, narrowly dodging more than one killing curse, and sprinted into the forbidden forest.

Hermione caught a glimpse of something shiny on the ground that was reflecting off the moonlight. She bent down and picked it up, noticing that it was the resurrection stone.

A bunch of spirits/ghosts semi-circled around Draco and Hermione. Sirius, Hermione's cousin, Fred, Remus and Tonks.

"F-Fred? Remus...? Tonks!? When did you guys die!?" Hermione questioned.

"When you were in the hospital wing. Ron was looking for you so I dived in the way of him getting hit." Fred stated.

"Hermione dear.. You were the smartest witch that I ever had the privilege to teach. Don't stop that, or change for anyone." Remus instructed.

"Don't forget me 'Mia..." Hermione's muggle best friend, and cousin, Amelie Granger whispered.

"I could never forget you guys. Never." Hermione replied. She looked down at the resurrection stone in her hand and threw it at a tree. The spirits slowly faded away, but Hermione knew they weren't really gone.

"Come on 'Mione. Let's find Harry." Draco mumbled. They were muffled whispers, and a few voices were really recognizable. Harry, Voldemort and some death eaters.

Hermione took off at a sprint until she reached the voices. Harry stood in front of Voldemort. Hermione ran up and stood right in front of Harry.

"Don't you dare touch Harry! Lets negotiate." Hermione suggested. Voldemort crossed his arms, annoyed.

"I don't do negotiations." Voldemort sighed, looking quite bored.

"Oh believe me, you'll like this one." Voldemort motioned for Hermione to continue. "You can do whatever you want to me! If you leave Harry alone. Leave all of Hogwarts alone! And the rest of my friends and family. Don't harm them, and you can take me!" Hermione explained. "Deal?" Voldemort hesitated before sighing.

"Fine! Yes yes, deal. Now get out of here Potter, before I change my mind!" Voldemort hissed.

"Hermione, don't do this." Harry whispered. Hermione didn't pay attention to Harry, but just made eye contact with Draco. They both had tears in their eyes. Then Hermione turned to Harry.

"Go. Now... Please."

Harry sighed and hugged Hermione tightly, before apparating away, silently crying.

"This won't hurt a bit." Voldemort hissed, and then raised his wand. Hermione almost forgot that Draco was still watching and silently sobbing. "AVARDA--" before Voldemort could finish the spell, Draco ran up to Hermione. He grabbed her hand and apparated into Hogwarts. Anyone could apparate in and out of Hogwarts since Voldemort broke the wards.

"Draco!? What the hell!? I--" Draco interrupted Hermione.

"I had to save you 'Mione! If you'd died, I'd die too! Now come on. Lets win this war!" Draco exclaimed. Hermione smiled widely and nodded, running into the castle.

...

"Draco." A croaky voice was heard by the death eaters. Lucius Malfoy.

"Draco..." Hermione whispered and gripped onto Draco's hand, making him look at her. Hermione shook her head gently with pleading eyes.

"Draco?" Narcissa Malfoy then called out.

It was silent. Draco didn't move. Harry was laying in Hagrid's arms. He went to Voldemort when Hermione escaped with Draco cos he thought if he was dead, then Voldemort wouldn't go after Hermione.

Until something moved in Hagrid's arms.

"Harry!!!" Hermione screamed, making Voldemort look at Hagrid. But Harry wasn't in his arms. He was on his feet, alive.

Spells were being fired everywhere, death eaters were disappearing, and Voldemort was after Harry... Again. Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy approached Draco and Hermione.

"Come on boy, hurry! We must run away and escape before we are all killed!" Lucius exclaimed, and tried to grab Draco's wrist. But Draco backed away with Hermione.

"You go, find somewhere safe! I'll fight this war, survive, and then I'll come find you when this is all finished with Hermione!" Draco replied.

After a few minutes of arguing, Lucius and Narcissa finally left. Draco and Hermione shared one glance, before running back into the castle, hand in hand.

A/N: sorry if this is a lame chapter, but I want this story to come to an end soon. So I'm gonna write one more proper chapter when Voldemort had just been killed, and then do an epilogue!