(16) - jealousy

She ran. Hermione, after watching for quite a few minutes, just stuck in the spot, she snapped back into reality and ran back through the crowd. She would have succeeded without getting Draco's attention until one of Hermione's heels snapped and she fell to the floor and Draco pulled away from the girl to see who had made that noise, and Draco locked eyes with the Gryffindor bookworm Granger.

After what felt like hours, Hermione stumbled to her feet, not bothering to take off her snapped heels shoes, and ran some more to try find someone to comfort her. That's until a cold hand grabbed Hermione's elbow, and pulled her back. Hermione laid eyes on Draco once again.

"Um.. How much did you see?" He whispered, with a faint blush on his cheeks that was hardly noticeable.

"Nothing! Leave me alone!" Hermione squealed, shrugging Draco's hand off her and began to ran again. But her path was, yet again, blocked by Draco as he ran faster in front of her.

"No! What did you see?" Draco asked again.

"I've only been standing there for about five minutes. But I don't care, go back to sucking her face off, it's not like we're together so why should I care?" Hermione yelled, trying to walk around Draco but he stepped in front of her again.

"It meant nothing! Okay? Nothing! You know how drunk I was, but it's all gone now. I'm sober and I'm telling you that it was nothing!" Draco tried to convince Hermione.

"I don't care. Go back to her, shag her for all I care. Just go, leave. I don't belong here anyway. I don't know why I thought I was." Hermione mumbled, mostly to herself, as she turned around and before Draco could stop her, ran out of the door.

Draco swore loudly, catching the attention of a few people near by, and watch the door where Hermione had ran out of moments ago.

Hermione had sprinted round a corner to the left and found it to be a dead end. Without thinking, Hermione ripped off her painful, snapped heels shoes and threw them to the side. Then she turned around and leant against the cold brick wall, sliding down it sadly as she gave small sobs. She didn't want to cry massively for something she didn't have, and will never have.

Hermione heard the faint footsteps of heels clicking against the floor, and Hermione lowered her loud breathing cautiously. Hermione let out a loud sigh though when she saw that it was only.. Ginny? Ginny strode over and sat beside Hermione.

"Hermione? W..what are you doing out here?" Ginny asked, concerned.

"Um.. Nothing. I'm fine." Hermione replied, but her sad tone in her voice made it pretty unconvincing.

"No. Tell me what's wrong. Please." Ginny practically begged. Hermione looked up for the first time and smiled slightly.

"Does Ron hate me?" Hermione asked, completely ignoring what they were previously talking about.

"Um.. He'll get over it. Oh! That reminds me! I have quite a few things for you. We couldn't give it to you yesterday as you... Collapsed. But," Ginny began, reaching into her bag and getting out several presents. Her bag must have the extension charm.

"Presents? Really?" Hermione questioned, smiling and slowly taking the several amounts of presents off of Ginny.

Hermione grabbed the first present and ripped off the card that was taped on the front of it.

Dear Hermione,

I'm sorry about everything. Sorry that I was shocked at first, sorry that I rarely did anything. But I just want you to know that I'll always be here for you. I understand that you are under alot of pressure and just because your working for the dark lord, I understand why you did it. You can always count on me.

Love,

Ginny <3

Hermione smiled to herself, turned to Ginny and pulled her into a hug. Before opening the present that was with the card. Hermione tried not to tear up. It was a small red book; a photo album. As Hermione opened it, the first picture was of Hermione and Ginny laughing together in fourth year, another one was of Hermione, Ginny, Harry and Ron having fun in hogsmeade in fifth year; last year. There was lots, and Hermione loved it. She held it close to her chest.

"Thank you, Ginny. Um... I'll open the rest later.. But thanks so so much, I'll always remember this and keep it forever." Hermione whispered, trying to hold back tears as she pulled Ginny into a tight hug once again.

"Are you ready to tell me why you are so upset, 'Mione? You know you can tell me everything." Ginny stated, smiling encouragingly. Hermione gave a weak smile back, and then nodded in an 'okay' way.

"Lets just say.. I have a very tiny crush on someone. It's not even that big, trust me. And.. He.. I saw him kissing this girl at the party I was just at. I know we weren't even together, but it still hurt me to know that they will probably end up together, get married and have a whole bunch of kids." Hermione sobbed loudly, finally finding someone that she could open up to and get everything off her chest.

"Hermione? Did... This random guy... See you watching him kiss the girl?" Ginny asked, Hermione nodded.

"Yeah.."

"What did he say?"

"Why does it matter, Ginny?"

"It matters a lot. What did he say?"

"He just said that it meant nothing, but I don't believe him."

"If he stopped his snogging session to come and explain to you what you saw, he must have told the truth. It meant nothing, Hermione! You could still have a chance. Okay? You could be the girl he marries and have his children!" Ginny explained persuasively. Hermione smiled a little and looked up at Ginny again, after looking at the floor for a while.

"I don't know, Gin..."

"Well I do! I know that he will fall for you in the end, you will find your perfect man, and I bet it's him; the mysterious crush."

"You really think so, Ginny!?" Hermione smiled.

"I know so, 'Mione."

Hermione looked down at the photo album still in her hand and clutched it tighter to her chest, smiling widely.

"Thanks, Gin. You've always been my best friend, like the sister I never had." Hermione stated, smiling.

"You too, 'Mione. You can always trust me, bestie."

"I know i can.. Same goes for you."

Ginny broke the moment when something curious popped into her mind, and Ginny gave a curious frown. "Um.. 'Mione? May I ask.. Who is your mysterious crush?"

After everything that had just been shared, Hermione knew she could trust Ginny with her life. Hermione hesitated and then eventually made her decision. "It's Draco Malfoy."

..........

The next chapter: Ginny gives more advice for Hermione about Draco.

Hermione goes back to the manor after to find Draco waiting there for her, with Pansy and Blaise there too. The party had clearly finished as it was pretty late.

Draco tries to beg for Hermione's forgiveness, which turns into a fight. And that ends up with Hermione accidentally telling Draco a secret.