(11) - explanations, p.1

It was black. Hermione passed out as the burning pain in her head very slowly started to melt away. The whole of the Weasley family was surrounding Hermione now.

"What happened to her?" Fred asked, looking more serious than he had ever been before.

"Is she alright?" George asked, not long after.

"I'll talk to the minister about this, he might know what happened to her. Bill, please can you go to St. Mungos and inform the healers that an unconscious girl is on her way. Harry, Ginny and Ron, you all can please take her there." Arthur Weasley explained, not taking his eyes off of the unconscious girl in front of her.

"I'll write a letter to Mr and Mrs Malfoy to know that Hermione will not be returning straight away, and to let them know where she is." Molly stated, rushing to find some parchment and a quill.

"Harry can take Hermione, if that's alright. Me and Ron will follow." Ginny stated, the two boys nodded. Harry picked Hermione up in a bridal way and apparated away with her, Ron and Ginny appeared moments later. Hermione was immediately rushed away to a bed where Bill was standing by.

"We need answers when she wakes up." Ron yelled, frustrated.

"Ronald! You can't force questions out of her when she is in this much pain! There is only so much that one girl can do, you know!" Ginny hissed at Ron.

The door of the hospital ward swung open and in ran Draco, Pansy and Blaise. Lucius and Narcissa were not there now. The three Slytherins took one look at Hermione and then all of their eyes widened, they all turned to face the three Weasleys and Harry.

"Hello, Malfoy. I guess you got our letter then." Bill politely stated, finally looking up at Draco.

"Yes I did, Weasley. What the hell happened to Granger?" Draco questioned, stepping one step closer to Hermione's bed.

"We don't know.. I--" Ginny was cut off by Harry clearing his throat to speak.

"I know what happened to her." Harry began. When no one answered, he continued. "When Ron and Gin went to get help for Hermione, she told me something.. And I think it explains everything..." Harry finished.

"What? What did she say?" Ron impatiently asked.

"That she is a... A death eater." Harry mumbled.

Draco's breath hitched in his throat, and he gave a shaky breath out. Luckily they didn't know that he was a death eater. Hermione was basically only half death eater, her initiation was moved down a bit to December 28th; four days until she would get her official dark mark.

"What? How? When? Why? Where? Who? WHAT!?" Ron screeched. He turned to Draco. "You!! Why is she one of them!? Did you force her to be one!?" Ron finished.

"No, Weasel. It h--" Draco started but trailed off when noises were heard from Hermione's bed. Everyone immediately turned to face her.

Hermione's eyes slowly flutter open, and Ginny and Harry rush to each side of her bed and grab one of her hands each.

"How are you feeling, Hermione?" Bill asked, going a step closer to her bed. Hermione turned to look at him.

"Um.. A bit dizzy, and my head still hurts a bit. I feel slightly sick and I am very tired." Hermione mumbled tiredly.

"Why didn't you tell us, 'Mione? You could've trusted us! You know you can trust me, I'm your best friend!" Ginny whispered, still holding on to Hermione's left hand. Hermione turned to face Ginny.

"Um.. What are you going on about?" Hermione tried to act innocent. Ron stepped up closer to Hermione's bed and gave a quiet scowl, making everyone turn to face him.

"Oh please!! You try to act like you're so innocent when you're really a freakin' danger to all witches and wizards!" Ron hissed, standing another step closer to Hermione. Before Hermione could say anything, Ginny spoke up first.

"Ron! She must have a good explanation!! Why do you always have to pressure her when she is clearly in pain!? Just leave her alone." Ginny defended.

"Really, Ginny!? Your standing up for the death eater!?" Ron screamed. Hermione's eyes watered up and she sat up properly on her bed, immediately locking eyes with Draco. Draco just raised an eyebrow, before Hermione finally looked at Ron.

"Please go, Ronald." Hermione whispered.

"You can't kick me out!!" Ron hissed. A healer burst through the door before anyone could retaliate.

"Actually she can, Mr Weasley. Miss Granger can only have up to three people in the room, she can choose who. The others may wait in the waiting room!" The healer exclaimed. Ron scowled and stormed out. Hermione saw that everyone was looking at her with their eyebrows raised, waiting for Hermione to pick who can stay.

"Um.. Well.. First, I would like to speak to just Harry and Ginny. But I want to speak to more people afterwards so please wait in the waiting room." Hermione said, everyone left except Harry and Ginny.

"Guys... I'm so sorry! I really am! But I do have a good explanation." Hermione began. When no one replied, Hermione continued. "I was forced to. To save my parents! I thought that if I join the death eaters, Voldemort would set them free. But then he killed them anyway! And now if I quit being a death eater, he'll probably kill me too." Hermione explained, wiping away the few tears that escaped.

"It's okay, Hermione. I'm so so sorry about all of this! You being forced into becoming one.. But don't worry, Harry and I will always be there for you!" Ginny smiled, kneeling down next to Hermione and grabbing her hand again.

"Thanks. Um.. Please can you send Draco in? Just Draco. I want to speak to him alone." Hermione whispered. Harry and Ginny didn't bother to question that Hermione called him Draco instead of Malfoy, but they just left to go get him.

..........

The next chapter: Hermione has a little word with Draco in the hospital alone. Then, when Draco leaves Hermione alone, Blaise and Pansy start questioning and making fun of Draco about Hermione.