(38) - Voldemort's evil plan

The 30th of June (I'm sorry about the time skip).

Draco sat on the edge of his bed with a photo frame in his hands. It was of him and Hermione. Hermione had insisted that they take a very cute photo together with her muggle camera, and then she printed it off and got it for Draco for his birthday. It was Draco's birthday earlier in the month, on the 5th of June. Draco put the photo frame back down. Just as an owl flew to the window. Draco walked over, opened the window and grabbed the letter from the owl.

Dear Draco

We need to see you, it is important. It involves Granger, so you must come.

Meet me and some other of my loyal followers today, mid day, at Malfoy Manor in your father's study. Where the Mudblood was nearly killed not long ago.

Meet there at 12:30pm. Don't be late.

-Tom Marvolo Riddle

Draco read the letter over and over again to make sure that he wasn't dreaming. What would the dark lord possibly want him for!? Draco sighed, threw the letter in the fire and then left his dorm to go hang out with Hermione, or Pansy and Blaise.

When Draco entered the courtyard, he found his friends sitting under a tree in the shade by the black lake. Draco approached them and sat down beside Hermione.

"Hey guys. What are you all up to?" Draco asked after he gave Hermione a kiss on the cheek.

"Just chatting. Mainly about what a crazy year this has been. And.. Dray? Do you think next year will be worse? I mean... It's our last year, which means it'll probably be the year where Voldemort strikes to try and kill Harry and the rest of our group. We are the ones he is after! What if next year the battle officially starts?" Hermione questioned. Draco sighed.

"Hmm... I think that might be true. Voldemort might actually attack next year. All I'm gonna say is... Make sure that he doesn't hurt you all. Okay?" Draco muttered as he looked between all of his friends. They all nodded.

"What time is it? We have to be at hogsmeade station to board the train home by 1:00." Pansy stated. Hermione looked down at her muggle watch that only her and Harry knew what it was.

"It's 12:25!" Hermione answered. Draco froze still as he started to think. He blocked out the new conversation that everyone was starting about what that thing on Hermione's wrist was. Purebloods seriously don't know what tells the time other than a clock!

'I have five minutes to make up my mind. Should I go? Or stay? If I go, Hermione may break up for me for going without her and not telling her, but it may be for the best to keep her safe... I cause danger to her!! But if I don't go, I could stay by 'Mione's side and make sure no one hurts her that way. Go? Don't go. No, go! I better go...' Draco thought to himself.

"Guys? I... Uhh... Have... One more thing to go and pack! Okay? I'll meet you at the station soon! Bye." Draco mumbled. He gave Hermione one quick peck on the lips and then stood up and jogged around a corner where the others couldn't see him. And then he raced through the gates, to hogsmeade where he could apparate, and quickly appeared in front of his home: Malfoy Manor.

"Draco? Draco, my boy! You decided to join us! Come in, come in!!" Voldemort exclaimed from by the door. He stepped aside to let Draco in, and so Draco slid into the manor and walked into the dining room where some other death eaters were sitting. After five minutes of waiting for others to arrive, Voldemort began speaking.

"Our time has come my friends. The last day of Harry Potter's sixth year in Hogwarts! I must kill him, before he finds my horcruxes and defeats me! I'm running out of time the longer I wait! It will be done tonight. Severus?" Voldemort yelled. Draco turned in shock as he didn't know Snape was here.

"Yes my lord?"

"I will need you to send a personal message to Dumbledore. Telling him to delay the train back to London until tomorrow. That will give us enough time tonight. Draco, have you fixed the vanishing cabinet?" Voldemort asked.

"Yes I have." Draco snapped, sounding more harsh than he intended.

"My, my. Nasty today are we? Well that's alright I suppose. Just don't forget who you're bring nasty to!! Now what will happen is Bellatrix and a few other death eaters of her choice will go through the vanishing cabinet and into Hogwarts just before nightfall. I have sent a message anonymously to make sure that Harry Potter and Dumbledore will be there. That is where we will kill Dumbledore, take the elder wand and then kill Potter that exact same day. Any volunteers to kill Dumbledore?" Voldemort explained.

Everyone rose their wand hand eagerly, everyone except for Draco of course. Draco just nervously looked down at his hands that lay on his lap.

"Hmm.... So many to choose from. Oh, I know. Draco, how about you do the honours today. Hm?" Voldemort asked. Draco's head shot up at the mention of his name.

"Um... Do I.. Do i really have a choice?" Draco muttered.

"No, not really. Sorry my boy. But you will kill Dumbledore and collect the elder wand for me! Be in the astronomy tower at nightfall." Voldemort ordered. Draco just slowly nodded. "Dismissed." As soon as the Voldemort's left Voldemort's pale mouth, Draco shot out of his seat and raced for the door, through the gates and apparated back to Hogwarts. Draco couldn't apparate inside the manor because of all the protective wards. Only Lucius and Voldemort could apparate within the manor.

"Draco? Where have you been!? Pansy and Blaise checked the Slytherin common room, and Blaise checked your dorm!! Where the hell were you!?" Hermione yelled.

"Relax 'Mione." Draco whispered and gently kissed Hermione on the cheek, which immediately calmed the girl down. "I was just strolling the grounds." Hermione grabbed onto Draco's hand and squeezed it tight.

"Well you could've taken me with you. I love walking around Hogwarts." Hermione's smile that came at the end of her two sentences would've made any guy drool over her. That one gorgeous warm smile. Draco smiled down at his girlfriend.

"Next time you can. Okay?" Draco asked. Hermione nodded and pulled Draco in for a hug, which he gladly returned. But then the moment was ruined when the others came over.

"Did you hear?" Ron asked. Hermione furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and Draco just stood there and stayed silent.

"Hear what?" Hermione replied.

"That our train back to kings cross has been delayed until tomorrow, same time!" Pansy cut in.

"Really!? Why?" Hermione questioned.

"I don't know. When you were waiting here for Draco and we went to the great hall to meet Astoria and Daphne, I heard Snape explain to Dumbledore why it's best if the train leaves tomorrow. And Dumbledore agreed! But we don't know why Snape wants the train to leave tomorrow." Pansy explained.