(7) - train ride with slytherins

The Christmas holidays were finally here. All of November was just about organizing the new plan, Ginny was the only person from Gryffindor who still spoke to Hermione. Even thought Ron and Harry threatened to tell Ginny about her hanging around with Draco, she didn't think they did tell Ginny.

"Granger." Draco whispered on the train as he saw Hermione looking for somewhere to sit. She turned to face Draco.

"Yeah?" Hermione replied, smiling slightly.

"You can come sit with me and my friends if you'd like." Draco suggested. Hermione hesitated at first but then nodded.

"Sure. Thanks, Malfoy. But doesn't your friends sort of hate me?" Hermione questioned.

"I'm good at persuading people. They'll learn to like you." Draco stated.

"Where are they sitting?" Hermione asked Draco.

"The left compartment at the very back of the train. You'll see them, but don't enter it without me." Draco said. Just as Hermione was about to pass Draco to walk over to the compartment, she quickly whispered something in his ear.

"Well if you can get your friends to like and accept me, why is it so hard for you to like me too?" She asked. Hermione was about to carry on walking but Draco grabbed her arm.

"I'm learning to, it's hard letting someone I've hated since first year just enter my life all of a sudden." Draco mumbled, before letting go of Hermione's arm as they walked down the train corridor together.

When they arrived outside the compartment, Draco opened the door and they both stepped in. All eyes were on Hermione. Blaise and Pansy sat opposite eachother by the window.

"Umm Draco? What is she doing here?" Pansy sneered, pointing at Hermione.

"Just be nice, okay? I promise I'll explain everything later!" Draco exclaimed, taking a seat next to Blaise. Pansy just nodded slowly but her eyes were narrowed, Pansy looked up at Hermione, who was still standing up, and gestured for her to sit down beside Pansy. Hermione did.

"Oh, by the way, Blaise and Pansy are staying at the manor too." Draco explained to Hermione, Hermione nodded.

"So, Granger, why are you hanging around with Draco?" Blaise asked from beside Draco, looking Hermione up and down. Hermione looked from Blaise to Draco and whispered to him.

"When are you going to tell them, Malfoy?" She whispered very quietly, trying not to be overheard by Blaise or Draco. All Draco did in response was give a long sigh.

"Blaise, pansy.. Listen..." Draco mumbled.

...

"How?" Pansy asked.

"They've already told you that! Granger's parents were kidnapped and then were killed, duh!" Blaise stated, smirking at Pansy.

"Oh shut up, Blaise! I lost focus after Draco told us that Granger was a deatheater!" Pansy screeched in complete shock and confusion.

"Yeah, I think anyone would be." Blaise mumbled, smirking wider as Pansy scowled at him. Draco leaned over to Hermione and whispered something in her ear.

"These two would be a perfect couple, don't ya think?" Hermione chuckled when Draco said that. He smirked in return. Blaise and Pansy just looked confused at why Hermione was chuckling, it was kinda funny.

With Hermione's Gryffindor friends

"Where's 'Mione?" Ron asked, quickly looking out of the door for any signs of her.