(18) - presents bringing memories

A/N: there might be quite a few weird, lame and clingy quotes in here that I made, but I tried my best.

Draco paced around the room alone, Hermione was apparently packing. Blaise came walking down the stairs, Pansy was trying to talk to Hermione to persuade her to stay.

"Draco? What's up, mate? Hermione told us what happened, and I wanted to hear if you have the same thing to say." Blaise stated, going to sit on a chair.

"I only have one thing to say, Blaise." Draco said, he stopped pacing and went to sit beside Blaise. When Blaise didn't speak, Draco continued. "Hermione has a crush on me."

"What? How do you know?" Blaise asked.

"She told me obviously, dumbass."

"Jeez! Okay, Draco! Why are you so angry?" Blaise questioned.

"The thing is, mate... It's just that I don't want to be someone's crush! If Hermione likes me, I want her to like the real me, not what she thinks I am... And I don't want Hermione to keep her feelings a secret. I want her to show me, so I can feel it too. I want her to show how much I mean to her, so I can show the same thing back." Draco explained, finally being able to get everything off his chest.

"I'm not one for sweet talk, Draco.. I'm a dude, not a woman. But.. I do have something to say to that. I guess.. We are just who we are for a lot of confusing reasons. We might never know all of the reasons. We might never have the power to choose where we come from, Draco... But we can still choose where we go from there. What I'm trying to say is.. If you feel the same way to Hermione the way Hermione feels about you, don't throw that away and definitely don't let your friends or family make your decision for you, you make this decision for yourself." Blaise said.

"But how do I know if i like her? I don't know anymore..." Draco mumbled, looking at the ground in stress and confusion.

"Well, I can't help you there. Sorry, but it's something you'll have to figure out on your own." Blaise stated, standing up. "I'm going to bed, I'll see you tomorrow. I hope you make the right decision." And then Blaise ran up the stairs. Draco gave a long sigh and rested his head backwards on the wall.

With Hermione

Hermione had apparated. Apparated somewhere where she knew she would be allowed to go. Once she arrived, Hermione knocked carefully on the door and took a step back, waiting for the door to open. And it did, the door opened and Hermione gave a short, sad smile to the person standing by the door.

"Can I.. Um.. Stay here with you for a while?" Hermione asked quietly, looking really upset. The person standing by the door nodded and walked over to Hermione, giving her a comforting hug as she sobbed into the person's shoulder. It was Ginny. Then Harry came out.

"Hermione? What's happened? Come inside." Harry said as both Harry and Ginny led me inside the burrow.

"Me and Draco... I had to get away... We had a fight." Hermione said in between her quite sobs.

"Oh Hermione. Come here." Ginny whispered, pulling Hermione into another tight, comforting embrace. "I'll show you to your room, you will share with me on the spare bed in my room." Ginny grabbed Hermione's bag for her and strolled upstairs, Hermione trailing behind her.

When they entered, Hermione sat on her bed and looked out the window like she was deep in thought. "I'll leave you to your thoughts. I'll bring dinner up for you if you like. Mum's cooking it now." Ginny stated, Hermione turned to face Ginny and gave the same weak, sad smile and mumbled 'thanks' before Ginny left.

Then Hermione strolled over to her trunk, remembering that she still hadn't opened the other presents that Ginny had given her, along with the photo album. The first one was in silver and gold wrapping paper, no card, it only had a label that said 'To 'Mione, from Harry' on it. Hermione ripped it open.

There was a nice jewellery set and it was beautiful. There was a ring that was a rose gold, and it had a red ruby gem in the centre, reminding Hermione of Gryffindor so much. It also had some medium sized gold hooped earrings and a silver heart shaped locket. Inside the locket, was a picture of Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Ron, Neville and Luna, all laughing. Hermione gave a long sigh.

"I miss moments like these." She mumbled to herself, putting the jewellery on her bedside table and grabbed the next present, which was wrapped in red and gold wrapping paper. Hermione tore it open after reading the curious label, 'Dear Hermione, from someone who misses you'. Hermione looked confused but then she finally opened the present to see what it was.

It was a photo frame. A really nice one. (A/N: all present pictures will be on the next chapter). It was a photo frame of her, Ron and Harry, just the three of them together. Then, at the top of the frame was an engraved note in it. 'Hermione, I miss you. Love, Ron.' It was properly engraved in the frame and Hermione wiped away a tear that managed to escape. Hermione put the frame carefully on her shelf, right in the centre, and reached for the last three presents.

The first one read 'Hermione, please come back home. Lots of love, Pansy and Blaise.' Hermione looked confused. How could Pansy and Blaise have slipped a present in Hermione's trunk? Strange.. But Hermione just ripped the wrapping paper off it. There were quite a few things in here. A small necklace with a 'H' on it, a cute little teddy bear, a notebook that also said 'H' on it. And lastly, a beautiful dress. The dress was a sky blue, beaded, neckline, floor length, formal dress with glittery silver patterns along the top of it. It was beautiful.

Hermione opened the notebook, thinking that she could use it as a diary and express her feelings, when a note fell out of it. Hermione looked at the note on the ground, then picker it up and unfolded it, scanning over it in her head.

Dear Hermione,

I hope you got our presents and you received this note. We need to talk, please. We miss you. Me, Draco and even Blaise are so worried about you, even if we used to hate you! So, please, meet me and Blaise outside honey dukes at 1:00pm sharp tomorrow, which will be 26th December. Don't be late!

Love,

Pansy <3 xx

Hermione sighed again. She might as well go and see what they want! What harm could it do? Hermione placed all of the presents from Pansy and Blaise, and went over to the second to last present. It was wrapped in blue and red shiny wrapping paper and only said on the label 'To Hermione'.

Hermione opened it and it revealed a heart shaped necklace but it was only half of the heart. It had a note and it read. 'I have the other half, to remember you. Next time we see eachother, we'll join them. Don't forget me. -Luna <3' what? Luna was never this serious, she was always day dreaming and always in a different world. On the locket, it had the words engraved on it 'frie' and with 'fore' underneath it. Hermione thought that if they joined the necklaces, it'd say 'friends forever'. Hermione put it on her bedside table drawer.

The last present was a silver and black wrapped one, with a green bow on it. Hermione, for a moment, thought it was from Draco! But then she shook that weird thought out of her head almost immediately. 'Of course it wasn't from Draco!' Hermione thought to herself. Then she grabbed it and opened it, to reveal a small black box, like a ring box. When Hermione opened the small black box, it revealed a... A promise ring? Yeah, it was a promise ring!! It was beautiful. There was a note attached to the ring box, so Hermione ripped it off and read it.

Hermione,

It's a promise ring. Because I promise that I'll always be there for you, even if you hate me more than anyone. I promise I'll always be around, even it you don't want me to. And I promise that I'll always protect you from harm, keep you safe, and I hope you'll take me back as a friend. Wear the ring and remember me when you look at it.

Love always,

D.M <3

Hermione was in shock. Draco really got her two Christmas present!?

..........

The next chapter: Hermione goes to meet up with Pansy and Blaise like she promised, but it turns out that Pansy and Blaise weren't going to hang around for long as another visitor appears.