(32) - a visit to the dark lord

Hermione woke up, lying against Draco with his arms wrapped tight around her. Hermione managed to wriggle out of Draco's tight grasp, but she accidentally nudged Ginny's leg, which woke her up.

"H-Hermione?" Ginny questioned as she slowly sat up and rubbed her tired eyes. Hermione sighed frustratingly. She wanted to get out of here without being heard or seen.

"Ssshhh.. Keep it down. Are you coming or not? Grab your shoes and lets go..." Hermione whispered as she grabbed Ginny's hand and pulled her up to her feet.

"Why do we have to go?" Ginny complained, finishing with a yawn. Hermione just sighed as she slipped on her shoes by the sofa. Hermione then grabbed Ginny's hand when they both had their shoes on, and rushed out of the portrait hole. Hermione turned to face Ginny.

"We are going to see V...Voldemort." Hermione whispered, cautious of her surroundings. Hermione quickly looked to her left and right, and behind her to see if anyone overheard her.

"What!? No no no!! There is no way that i am going to him! I'm apparently a blood traitor, he will take the chance to kill me easily!" Ginny squealed, shocked. Hermione's eyes shot wide and she quickly put her hand over Ginny's mouth.

"Oi, shut up! It's still pretty early, nearly everyone is asleep! Anyway, I'm one of his followers so he can't hurt you if I tell him not to. I think. I'm only going for one reason only! And you will find out why. I've been planning this day all year! Now come on, we are going to Hogsmeade so we can apparate to Malfoy Manor." Hermione explained. She grabbed Ginny's hand and raced out of the dungeons and to the Hogwarts doors.

Hermione rushed over to them and tried to push the doors open, but they wouldn't budge. The castle still wasn't open yet, it was still too early! Ginny pushed past Hermione to the doors.

"I got this! Alohomora!" Ginny yelled, pointing her wand at the large doors. But they were still locked. Hermione chuckled at Ginny's priceless expression after her spell didn't work.

"Of course that spell wouldn't work! It's Hogwarts!! Let me give it a go." Hermione muttered as she yanked her wand from the back pocket of her jeans.

After dozens of charms and jinxes, Hermione finally managed to remove all of the protection spells and unlock the door. Once the door was open, Hermione and Ginny raced down the grounds to the gates. Hermione could've sworn she heard Hagrid shouting their names, but Hermione chose to ignore it and carry on running.

They ran out of the gates and raced past the carriages to Hogwarts. Taking a carriage is so slow these days, running at their speed is faster.

They arrived in hogsmeade and was panting madly for breath. Ginny clutched her side painfully and continued to pant.

"C..can you... Please tell me.... Why we are going to... Vol-Voldemort... Now?" Ginny questions in between her fast breathing, desperate to get more air into her lungs.

"N..no. Come on... You will find... Out." Hermione replied tiredly. Then, Hermione seized Ginny's hand and pulled her along in a side apparation.

They arrived with a thud outside of the terribly cold Malfoy Manor. The wind was strong and cold around the terrible building and it was extremely dark this early in the morning. Darker than usual. Ginny shivered, not because she was cold but because she was scared of the frightening Manor.

"Come on. It's alright... I promise, I won't let him harm you!" Hermione reassured her best friend and then dragged her up to the front door.

Hermione knocked on it three times and waited until it flung open and Fenrir Greyback was standing there with an evil smirk on his face, he stared Hermione up and down and ignored Ginny's presence completely, like he didn't even know she was there.

But then, his eyes snapped to Ginny. His evil smirk grew and he licked his dry lips. Greyback also looked Ginny up and down and then his eyes snapped back to Hermione.

"Granger, it's so lovely of you to join us! I am disgusted that you brought this blood traitor with you over to a death eaters house though. That's very disappointed.. But come in." Greyback stepped aside to allow Hermione and Ginny to enter. So they did. Ginny quivered slightly in fear though when Fenrir Greyback wouldn't take his eyes off of her.

Hermione and Ginny strode into the dining room and found Lucius and Narcissa in there with Bellatrix and Rodolphus. Narcissa spotted Hermione and her face lit up. She ran over to Hermione and pulled her into a tight, bone crushing hug.

"Hermione! What are you doing here!? It's so great to see-" Narcissa stopped herself, mid-sentence, when her eyes fell on Ginny. "Um Hermione? What is.. She.. Doing here?" Narcissa questioned.

"Oh, it's nothing! I needed her for.. Support? I dunno, I just need her here. Is.. Master.. Here?" Hermione mumbled. She hated to call Voldemort master.

"Oh! Yes he is! He is in Lucius' study room!" Narcissa stated. Hermione nodded and, yet again, dragged Ginny out of the room and to the study room.

"Please can I go 'Mione! I-I'm scared! I don't want to see him..." Ginny whispered nervously. Hermione put a hand on Ginny's shoulder and gave the red head a reassuring smile.

"Please Gin? He won't hurt you, I promise! I'm here, aren't I? I would die for you, and you know that! Lets go. I really really need to talk to him!" Hermione stated. Ginny let out a long sigh and nodded in a 'fine...' Type of way. Hermione squealed quietly but happily, and turned to knock on the door.

After a few moments, the door swung open on it's own and Voldemort was sitting at his very own desk by the fire. Voldemort looked up from scribbling down.. What looked to be his own dark magic spells that he was working on making.

"Hello my lord." Hermione greeted, bowing her head slightly. Voldemort smiled at Hermione, but it wasn't a very genuine smile. It was more like a cunning and sly type of smile.

"Ah, good to see you again Miss Granger. What brings you here this morning?" Voldemort asked, setting down his quill carefully on the desk.

"I... I have some news. And.. Just... Please forgive me." Hermione basically begged almost. Her eyes were pleading his forgiveness. But Voldemort didn't know what to forgive her for.

"What is it? Come, take a seat." Voldemort pointed to the sofa on the right side of his desk. Hermione nodded and walked over to the sofa. Ginny was hid by the door, hoping Voldemort wouldn't see her. Hermione took a sidewards glance at Ginny and quickly cast a non-verbal spell at her. It was a spell that they could telepathically talk.

'Ginny? Ginny please.. Whatever you do, stay hidden. When I tell him this, you have to watch me. Because if he attempts to hurt, or kill me, you will have to get help! So stay there for now, understand?' Hermione questioned Ginny. Hermione's voice hissed through Ginny's head.

'Hermione... What are you going to tell him? Please... I don't want you hurt! I beg you, don't you dare risk your life! Okay!? I mean it!!" Ginny hissed back.

'I'll try not to...' Hermione answered. Ginny started to panic but before she could reply to Hermione, she had already removed the spell off of Ginny so they could no longer chat telepathically.

"Miss Granger? If you have nothing to say to me, I'd have to ask you to lea-" before Voldemort could finish his sentence, Hermione quickly interrupted him.

"No, no! I do have something to say!" Hermione exclaimed. She immediately shut up after that though when she had realised that she made the stupid mistake to interrupt the dark lord.

"Oh.. Very well then, what is it that you would like to say?" Voldemort asked. Hermione gave a long sigh.

"I don't... I don't want to be.. A death eater anymore. I want to leave the death eaters."