(26) - new years ball p.1

Hermione woke up with her hair sprawled all over her face as she jumped to her feet. Hermione was feeling very happy for some reason today but when she stood up, she found a note on her bedside table. Hermione picked up the note and read it in her head.

Hermione,
Happy new years! Just so you know, I will be hosting a new years day ball today, it will be on in a few hours, I will call you down when you start getting ready. I love hosting balls! Oh, and I have gone out for a bit to send out normal invites, or VIP ones. (there will be a VIP section). And I have picked out a dress for you, it's hung in your wardrobe if you want to have a look before the ball!
-Narcissa xx

Hermione folded the letter up and put it back on the bedside table, before strolling over to her wardrobe and finding the dress that she was apparently supposed to wear. Oh wow! Narcissa really knew Hermione's taste in fashion!

Hermione left the gorgeous dress where it was and decided to quickly slide on a light grey jumpsuit that she found. After brushing her hair, adding natural light makeup, putting on shoes and putting in some small silver sparkling stud earrings, she strolled downstairs and into the kitchen to see Pansy there.

"Hey Pansy." I mumbled, giving her a quick smile and then opening the cupboard to grab out a blueberry muffin. Pansy looked up from reading the daily prophet and smiled back, putting the newspaper on the counter in front of her.

"Hey 'Mione. Good morning! Did you hear about the party that Narcissa is hosting today?" Pansy asked, grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl in front of her.

"Yeah I have! She picked out a beautiful dress for me to wear!" Hermione squealed, taking a seat opposite Pansy on the other side of the counter.

"Same! I can't wait, I love parties! We literally just had a Christmas party about a week ago, and now we have another one! Do you have a date?" Pansy exclaimed, leaning forward against the counter.

"I've not been asked yet but I'm guessing I'll be going with Draco as he is my boyfriend of course. What about you?" Hermione asked, taking a bite of her muffin. Pansy blushed madly but didn't say anything. "Someone asked you already!? Who!?" Hermione finished as she took the last bite of her muffin.

"Um... Blaise. He asked me when you were still asleep this morning..." Pansy mumbled so Hermione could barely hear her. But she heard Pansy and smirked after hearing that.

"Really!? Wow, where even are the boys?" Hermione questioned, going over to the bin to put her muffin wrapper in.

"I think they went to buy some suits with a few other close friends like Theo and Marcus Flint. Just random Slytherin boys!" Pansy stated, with a kind of bored tone.

"Oh okay, can I see your dress?" Hermione asked excitedly, shooting up from her seat that she had sat back down in.

"Sure! But I want to see yours afterwards!" Pansy squealed, also standing up. Hermione nodded and the two girls ran upstairs to Pansy's room first. Pansy ran into her walk-in closet and about 10 seconds later, she ran back out with a gorgeous dress.

"Wow Pansy, it's gorgeous! Narcissa really knows what kind of thing you like!" Hermione shouted, smiling widely and looking the dress up and down.

"Yeah! I really like it! Please can I see yours?" Pansy asked, hanging the dress on her closet door. Hermione nodded eagerly and they both left again to Hermione's room. Hermione ran into her walk-in closet and ran out seconds later with a gorgeous dress, just as gorgeous as Pansy's. Pansy gasped as she looked the dress up and down.

"Wow! It is absolutely stunning! Draco is a very lucky guy, I can't wait for him to see you in this! It'll look so good on you!" Pansy shrieked, bouncing a little on the spot from excitement.

The front door from downstairs was heard opening and Narcissa's loud footsteps from her shoes were heard strolling up the stairs and Narcissa knocked on Hermione's door.

"Girls! It's time to get ready for the ball! The boys will be back any second now and I have your VIP invites on the kitchen counter so get them when you're finished getting ready!" Narcissa yelled from the other side of the door.

"Sure, thank you Narcissa!! We'll get ready now!" Hermione yelled back from inside the room, carefully putting her dress on her bed for her to change in to.

"Okay, I better go and get dressed! See you downstairs after!" Pansy exclaimed, running happily out of the room after waving goodbye to Hermione.

Hermione then went to her bed and picked up the dress, then slipped into it. It was a gorgeous dress and it fit Hermione perfectly. It was a long, tight, floor length dress. And it was a light pink colour and filled with sparkles. It looked amazing on Hermione!

After that, Hermione ran over and grabbed her hair curler and started to curl her hair but leave it down. Then she grabbed the gold hooped earrings that Harry had gotten her and put those in.

Hermione then ran over to her makeup dresser and grabbed her eyeshadow and lipstick. After sorting out her beautiful makeup, she grabbed some jewellery. She already had the promise ring on as she never ever took it off, but she also grabbed the red and gold ring that Harry got her and slid it on a different finger. Then Hermione grabbed the necklace that Draco had gotten her and she had now finished her look.

There was a loud knock on the door as Hermione was checking herself in the mirror. Hermione quickly grabbed her light pink heels, slid them on and then rushed over to open the door.

"Oh, wow Pansy! You look absolutely stunning! Come in, come in!" Hermione squealed, moving aside. Pansy smiled as she passed Hermione into her room.

"The boys are ready! Ready to go see them?" Pansy asked, smiling from ear to ear.

"Yeah, lets do this!" Hermione exclaimed, smiling back widely.

..........

I'm going to stop writing what happens next chapter cos i keep forgetting and it's better if it's like a mystery for what happens next chapter! So, see you when the next chapter comes out!
-L