Signed

CHAPTER 8:

LUKE'S POV:

I ended up falling asleep. I turn to attempt to find Haliee, she's not in my bed. I put on a hoodie because my house is cold as fuck. I grab my phone, it's 4:00 AM, curse you jet lag. I head downstairs, she's not in the kitchen, living room, bathroom, I head to the very downstairs, not in the practice room. I go outside to see her sitting on the porch, looking gorgeous. She's just sitting there blasting, from what I can hear- our music. I take off my hoodie and put it over her shoulders. She looks up and smiles, taking out her headphones.

"Sleep well?" She asks.

"Not as good as I could've if you were there." I reply, she giggles in response.

"Hey Luke?" I love it when she says my name, I don't know what it is. I wrap my arm around her waist, pulling her into me so she can warm up.

"Yeah?"

"Lex is coming in like, five minutes to your house." She tells me. I look at her in confusion.

"What? Why? Not that Lexi isn't great, but why is she coming to Australia?"

"We're going to be here for almost two months and she called me earlier tonight."

"Oh! That's the call you were getting earlier!" I exclaim. She nods as a car pulls into my driveway.

HALIEE'S POV:

A car pulls into Luke's driveway. I jump from his grip and to the car. Lex jumps out of the car, giving me a tight embrace.

"I'M HERE!" She yells.

"You're here! I maybe, kinda, sorta told Luke."

"Just don't tell the guys." Lex says, pointing to Luke. Luke nods and puts his hands up in defense.

"You guys want to go hang down in the basement? It's where we used to practice when the guys came here." Luke joins in the conversation. I nod and take one of Lexi's bags. We follow Luke downstairs and into the basement. It's filled with guitars, a drum set, a bass, one of Ashton's beatbox things and a few microphones.

"Sweet. Do you mind?" i ask pointing to a guitar. Luke shakes his head and I pick it up. I sit on the floor and start strumming 'Creep' by Radiohead and Lexi joins in my singing.

"But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo,

What the hell am I doing here?

I don't belong here." 

We finish the song and laugh at each other. Luke smiles at us.

"I'm apologizing for my ear deafening singing." I laugh.

"Okay, actually not just saying this because you're my girlfriend, you guys are really good together." Luke says.

"Thanks babe." I reply.

"Thanks." Lex says.

"Seriously, we need to get you into a studio or something. I'll call Chessie and get us into a studio in like an hour, not kidding." He takes his phone out, dialing a number.

"Wow, okay. This is happening really fast." I say.

"Agreed." Lexi agrees.

"Okay, film something, post it on YouTube and we can get to the studio in an hour still." Luke puts the phone to his ear.

"Well okay. Lets sing one of their songs." I suggest pulling my phone out. "You are exactly like Ashton, can you play the drums or the beatbox thingy?"

"I can't play drums and I could try playing that. Not saying I can." She says pulling the cajon thing over.

-

We've sang 'Creep' over and over, multiple times and we've got it down. Lex learned the cajon thing pretty easily and I learned the chords of the song and Luke is now filming it.

"Hey. I'm Haliee."

"I'm Lexi and this is Luke on the camera." Lexi points to Luke, he turns the camera around pulling a smile and I giggle.

"We're singing Creep by the wonderful, Radiohead. Here we go." I say. "1, 2,1,2,3,4."

We film the song and upload it.

"Okay. We're going in the studio now. COME MY UP COMING SINGERS, LETS GO." Luke grabs my hand and I grab Lexi and we head out to the front. We get in Luke's car and he drives us to wherever we're going.

-

"This is really fast. What are we singing?" I say as we pull into the recording studio parking lot.

"We'll figure that out once we're there." Lexi says as we get out of the car.

"Luke! Down the hall and to your right." A woman says as we enter. We walk down the hall and into the studio. I take a deep breath, what the hell did I get myself into now?

"Okay. What are we planning on singing?" Luke asks smiling big.

"Uh, I'm thinking because we have Creep down, we should do that. Anything else Lex?" I come up with a couple songs.

"Not that I can think of. Lets start with that."

-

We finish around 6:30 AM and I'm pumped.

"So have you ever written songs?" Luke asks.

"I've written a few. Not very good ones." I respond.

"How come you've never told me?" Luke asks

"I don't know, I never thought I'd be doing any of this." I tell him.

"We have a label and we can see if anybody at the label likes your stuff as much as I do. I'll send them the recordings you did today. We could be looking at getting signed in the next day. I told you, I wasn't kidding around here." Luke says, swaying in his swivel chair.

"Thank you, you're my favorite person in the whole entire world." I say giving him a kiss. He smiles at me afterwards. I get a call from Cal? 

"Hey, Cal. Whats up?" I ask.

"Jetlag. I saw you and Lex on Youtube. People were sending me links left and right. Is Lexi in Aus?"

"Yeah, flew in earlier."

-

It's around afternoon time and the guys are planning on coming over. Only half of the guys- that I know of- know that Lexi is here. I hear a knock. Lexi is sitting on the couch.

"COME IN" I yell. The guys burst through the door.

"LEXI!" Ashton yells, running to give her a hug.

"Woah, Lexi is here?" Mike says.

"What? Lexi is here? Who knew? Not me, thats for sure." Cal- very awfully- pretends he doesn't know that Lexi is here.

"YOU FUCKING GOT SIGNED, YOU GUYS!" Luke runs in the room screaming. Lexi and I jump off the couch, screaming. We start jumping up and down. Michael and Ash don't scream and jump with us, they don't know.

"WE GOT SIGNED, HOLY FUCK!" I yell.

"HOLY WATER!"

"We. Got. Signed." I realize that we're actually trying to make something out of this.

"Can somebody tell us what just happened?" Ashton asks.

"We got signed to your label. Lexi and I are starting a band. Like you guys, what?" I carry on the 't'.

"DUDE!" Ash yells afterwards.

"I'M SO PROUD!" Michael yells.

"Meeting today, at 1:00." Luke informs us.

"Wow, this is really happening."

-

So i dyed my hair purple today.