Your Mother Is Terrifying

Haliee-

My mom and sister were standing right in front of me. Dani, my sister was smiling, like she was happy to see me. I get out of my chair and go give her a hug. 

“God, I’ve missed you so much.” I say, holding her for a little bit longer.

“Okay, lets go see the rest of Off Fire.” The chaperone walks the rest of the group to OF, leaving Dani, my mother and I standing there.

“Why are you here?” I ask, directing towards Dani.

“Well, I really love 5SOS. I saw you and Luke have been dating from social media, I found your band, I bought tickets and here I am.” Dani smiles.

“Kathy.” I address my mothers presence.

“Haliee.” My mother looks at me.

“How’s the family? How’s Evan and Caroline and Jackson?” I ask Dani about my siblings.

“They’re good, they miss you a lot though. Dad is still beyond mad you left, but I support it.” Dani smiles.

“Danielle, don’t talk about that.” My mother exclaims.

“I can do what I want, mom. I’m 19, I’m legal.” Dani sasses back, I love this new Dan.

“If you speak that way again, we can have some serious consequences.” 

“Oh, shut up. We both know, the only reason you agree to this, is because dad does.” I say.

“Haliee, don’t speak to me that way.”

“Shit, sorry. I forgot that I’m 20, in a serious relationship, making my own money and not owned by some crazy family. You know who else isn’t owned by some crazy family and are allowed to leave whenever they want? Jackson and Dani.” 

“I won’t stand here and take this. Danielle, come on. We’re leaving.” My mother pulls Danis hand, but Dani pulls away.

“You can leave, I’m staying. I actually care about somebody you kicked out for wanting to live like a normal person.” Dani spits back at her.

“Who is this ‘Luke’ you’re with?” My mother spits at me. I walk out of the room, next door, where Luke and Ashton are sitting, Luke being shirtless.

“Put on a shirt.” I say.

“Why? You don’t like me like this?” Luke steps closer to me.

“Lucas, put a shirt on.” I reply, through gritted teeth. Luke looks at me confused and puts on a shirt. I step back outside and invite them in.

“Ash, I suggest you leave. Go make sure Lexi isn’t dead or something.” I say as Dani and my mother come in the room.

“Who’s this?” Luke asks, confused.

“My little sister and my mother, Kathy.” I say, blankly.

“Oh, uh, I’m Luke Hemmings. Nice to meet you.” Luke smiles a fake smile at my mother.

“Luke, what do you do?” My mother quickly asks him.

“I sing and play guitar in a band.” Luke grabs my hand and squeezes it.

“You would.” My mother mutters. “Have you been to school?”

“I’ve been to primary school.” Luke says.

“High school?” My mother shifts

“I quit due to the band.”

“How do you plan to get a job if this fails?”