It's Your Choice

Chapter 17:

Luke’s Pov-

I couldn’t even look at Haliee, the disgust and hatred in her face was too much for me to handle. She couldn’t at me either, she had to leave. I stand up from the table and attempt to go talk to her.

“Luke, man. Please, just leave her alone.” Ashton speaks up.

“I love her, Ash. I can’t just stop. I made a mistake and I’m trying to fix it.” I reply, before walking out the door. I make my way to Haliee’s bus and knock on the door.

“Come in.” I hear quietly. I step in and Haliee looks up, and frowns. “Get out, I don’t want to see you.”

“Please, please Haliee. I love you so much, this is so hard for me to see you in so much pain.” 

“You being around me, makes it worse than it needs to be. I don’t want to be around you anymore, we’re done and we’ve been over this.” Haliee replies, sternly.

“What can I do to fix this? I’ll do anything, name it. I want to fix this so badly, Hale. I love you and what I did was such an awful move, I can’t even begin to tell you how sorry I am.” 

“You want to know what you can to do to fix this?” Haliee asks, in which I reply with a nod. “Get out. Don’t talk to me, avoid me as well as you can and never carry a conversation with me.”

“Haliee-“

“Luke, I don’t think you understand how hard this is, for me to let you go. I have never been in a position where I have loved somebody this much and than had to cut them off. Now that I have, it would make it easier if we didn’t talk. You don’t understand that I cannot talk to you because it hurts. Please, just go.”

“Haliee, please-“

“Luke! Please leave! That’s all I ask.” Hail’s voice shakes, signaling she’s about to cry, I cannot watch her cry… It’s too much.

“I’m sorry.” I say, before I leave. I walk back to my bus and kick the tire.

“Shit.” I kick it again. I continue to assault the tire of the bus while yelling profanities. 

“Woah, woah. Luke.” Michael runs out of the restaurant, attempting to stop me. “Luke, stop!”

“GOD DAMNIT!” I yell as I continue to kick the living shit out of the bus tires.

“LUKE!” I ignore the yelling.

“FUCK, I’M SO STUPID. I AM SUCH A FUCKING DICK.” 

“LUKE, STOP!” Michael yells again. I hear footsteps approaching and continue to ignore them.

Haliee’s Pov-

I look out the front window, Luke is crying against the bus, kicking and yelling. Michael and Calum are attempting to make him stop. I can’t stand watching him like this, I’m exteremly mad at him and he’s a dick, but I don’t hate him… Which means, I cannot sit here and watch him do this. I wipe my tears and leave the bus, which makes Cal and Mike look at me. I walk over to where the guys are. 

“Don’t.” Cal tries to stop me, which I put my hand up. He’ll only listen to me.

“Luke.” I say. He continues to cry and yell. “LUKE!”

“I’M SUCH A FUCK UP!” He replies with.

“LUCAS ROBERT HEMMINGS, I AM TALKING TO YOU. STOP RIGHT NOW!” I yell. Luke stops, and looks at his feet.

“I’m sorry.” Luke’s voice cracks and her turns to face me. 

“Stop. Now.” I respond, sternly. He nods and wipes his eyes. “Excuse me.”

“Thanks, Hale.” Michael says before I walk away.

Luke’s Pov-

“Thanks, Hale.” My phone rings and I move into the bus. 

“Hello?” I answer, weakly.

“Luke! Hi, it’s Ches. I heard from a reliable source that you and Haliee broke up. You do know that we still have a contract with her?” Chessie responds.

“You told me that we could cancel it months ago.”

“I did, but she signed a year contact and that can’t be canceled. We can still pay her, or we can make her look like an awful human being. So, it’s your choice, figure it out.”