Promise

Lucas-

I stare at Haliee as she’s getting her makeup done for the show tonight. We haven’t separated since we got back from the airport, I notice something about Haliee.

“Hey, baby?” I ask, grabbing her hand and rubbing my thumb in circles on it.

“Yes?” Hailee responds.

“You aren’t dressing like you.”

“What are you talking about?” 

“You aren’t dressing like you used to.”

“And how did I dress before, Lucas?” Hale chuckles.

“Like me, but as a girl… You know? ‘Cause I’m not a girl.We-“

“Woah, woah, woah, stop right there. You aren’t a girl? I thought you were a girl this whole entire time.” Haliee says sarcastically.

“Shut up. Why aren’t you dressing like you used to?”

“I don’t know, maybe because I don’t choose my clothes.”

“You should. Like we do.” 

“I should, shouldn’t I? Lex should too, she doesn’t dress like she used to.” Haliee agrees.

“Good. Then tonight you both are wearing what you want to.” I state proudly.

“Oh, to have a four year old as a boyfriend.” Haliee sighs.

“You love me though.”

“Eh, kinda.”

“Hey! You so love me.”

“Not really.” She says as Lou puts something weird on her lips.

“What is this?” I ask Lou, pointing to Haliee’s lips.

“Lipstain, dear.” Lou continues to apply the ‘lipstain’ on her lips.

“It doesn’t come off when I eat and when I sing.” Haliee replies, before Lou tells her to be quiet.

“And when we makeout.” I mumble.

“Hey! Shut up.” Haliee shoves her hand to my mouth. I continue to watch Haliee as she gets her makeup done. Damn, she’s so beautiful. 

You know when somebody is so gorgeous, it kind of hurts when you can’t have them? Or when it’s hard because you can’t kiss them now? 

That’s my problem right now. I can’t have my beautiful girlfriend, because she’s confined in a chair and I can’t kiss her, because she’s getting weird lip-shit on her lips. Is that weird? 

You know when you love somebody so much, it hurts? It hurts to love her, but it feels so much better when I’m in love and with her. It’s painful, because I’m scared I’ll hurt her again.

 It’s so hard to see her in so much pain, I hate it. I hate that I’m the one who caused it, that’s what’s even worse. I never want to see her in that pain ever again, not from me, not from anybody. I love her too much to ever see her in pain like that. I want to see her smiling and laughing, being happy, being happy with me. 

-

“Lets go to the beach.” I shake Haliee awake.

“Be quiet, Luke. I’m sleeping.” She turns the other way.

“Baby, come on.” 

“No. Quiet.”

“Come on, love.” That is her weakness, not sure why. I use it on occasion.