Why Now?

A Year & A Half Later...

Haliee-

Luke and I have been together for a little over two years. We've finished our tour with 5SOS and now Off Fire and 5SOS have just finished a new joined tour, with a smaller band as out opening act. Michael and Dani are together, Calum and his new girlfriend, Blair are happy, and of course, Lexi and Ash are still together. Dani has left home and has been coming everywhere with us, thankfully I enjoy her. Jackson and I keep in touch, but my mother is still terrifying. Luke and I are currently sitting on the floor, in the middle of the stage of the arena we've performed at the night before.

"Haliee." Luke says, grabbing my hand.

"Lucas."

"Can I tell you something?"

"Always."

"I love you more than I love my brothers." Luke tries not to smile, but fails.

"I'm going to have to call them and tell them that." I reply sarcastically.

"Haliee?"

"Yes, Lucas?"

"Have you ever thought about the future?"

"What? With you?" I ask and Luke nods his head. "Yeah, of course I have."
"What have you thought about it?" Luke asks nervously.

"I have thought great things honestly, Luke. Why? What have you thought?"

"I've thought about us getting married and starting a family." Luke grabs my other hand and moves them around. I smile at the thoughts of getting married and having kids with him.

"I would like that a lot. Why are you asking me about this now, Luke?" I smile.

"Well, Haliee. I guess, we're both 22, I'm 23 in a few weeks and I thought 'why not now?'. I thought, I love you so much and you are the main source of my happiness and I want to start a life with you. I would give you a whole speech, but you're about to cry and you already know what I'm about to say. So, Haliee Danielle Rodes, will you marry me?" Luke gets down on one knee and opens up a ring case. I start to cry, obviously. He holds out another 14K white gold ring with diamonds surrounding it, along with a large diamond in the middle.

"Yes, yes, Luke." I nod my head furiously. Luke slides the ring onto my finger, give Luke a kiss and cling onto him.

I'm engaged.

-

(A/N: The shortness of the chapter is due to THE EXCITING NEWS!!! THEY'RE ENGAGED!!!)