Wait... Really?

Haliee-

We landed, the other guys went to their parents and Luke and I just reached his house. We step out of the car and enter the house, as soon as we step in, we’re attacked with hugs.

“Oh, my babies!” Liz grabs us both, squishing us in a bearhug.

“Hi, mum.” Luke giggles, bending down to respond to the hug.

“Oh, I’ve missed you both.” Liz pulls back and smiles to chat with us.

“LUKEY!” Jack runs down from the stairs, pulling his brother into a big hug. “And Haliee, how are you doing?” Jack bends down, to my tiny height and gives me a hug.

“I’m lovely, how are you?” I ask after he pulls away from the hug.

“I’m great!” Jack responds. Afterwards, we’re pulled into another hug by Luke’s dad and his other brother. 

“So, we have some news.” Luke says afterwards.

“You’re pregnant?” Jack responds immediately, which brings Luke and I into fits of giggles. Also, in the past two years Jack has both gotten married and Ben is engaged, crazy. 

“We’re engaged.” Luke smiles and pulls me close to him, smiling big.

“Wait…Really?” Liz asks. Luke and I nod at the same time before Liz screams and brings us into a hug.

“Lucas is growing up and getting married, he’s going to have a wife. This is crazy, oh, I’m so happy for you both.”

“Thanks Mum.” Luke smiles.

“Thank you Liz.”

“Lukey is getting married. TARA, COME DOWNSTAIRS!” Jack yells to up the stairs to his wife, Tara.

“What is all this screaming about? Oh, Luke and Haliee are here!” Tara says, walking down the stairs. Tara and I have gotten along very well, the few time we met.

“Lucas and Haliee are enaged, Tar!” Jack puts his arm around her shoulders. Tara puts her hand to her mouth and then bounces to give me a hug, then Luke. Hugs are exchanged again before Jana, Ben’s fiancé comes to the house. She came later, due to seeing her family in London before she came here.

“We’re going to go put our stuff away, we’ll probably sleep for a little bit, yeah?” Luke asks me.

“Yeah, I’m super tired.” I respond.

“Okay, you both are here until a bit after New Years, we have you for quite a long time.” Liz smiles. Luke and I take our bags upstairs to his room, setting them down in the corner. I flop face-first onto the bed.

“Haliee?” Luke asks, laying next to me. 

“Yeah?” I ask, moving underneath the blankets, looking at him.

“You’re going to be my wife.” Luke smiles, putting his arms around my waist, pulling me into his chest.

“You’re going to be my husband. Oh my god, Luke, we’re getting married.” I say at the realization that Luke and I are going to be legally bonded together.

“Is this a good thing? Are you happy about this?” Luke laughs.

“Yes, Im very happy. I’m always happy when I’m with you Luke.” I smile.

“Good. I’m always happy when I’m with you too.” Luke kisses the top of my head. “Haliee? What colors do you want for the wedding?”

“Lucas, we just got engaged.” I laugh, pausing for a few seconds before coming up with an answer. “Black, just incase you were wondering.”

“We have to do a color too, Haliee.” Luke laughs.

“Why?” I whine.

“Because what color are the girls going to wear? They wear dresses right?” Luke asks, which makes me laugh.

“They’re going to wear black, they do wear dresses, babe.” 

“We should do a color.”

“Why?”

“Because I want a color.” 

“Fine.” I think for a moment. “Red, like hell, where I’m from.” I mumble into his chest. He laughs.

“Fine, red. What kind of wedding do you want?”

“I don’t know.”

“Hale, don’t tell me you’ve never thought about your future wedding ever.”

“Fine. I don’t want it in a church. I want it outside, in a garden maybe. I don’t want to wear heels, I want to wear my black vans, I don’t want to wear the dress I get married in to be the dress I wear after, so I want two dresses. I want my hair down, I don’t want those french manicures, I want my nails to be black, same with my toes because I will obviously won’t be wearing them when we dance. I want my bridesmaids to choose out whatever shoes they want, in the wedding color obviously, so they’re all matching, but in their own style.” I answer, pulling back so I can look at him when I talk.

“So, clearly you’ve thought a lot about this a bit, huh?” Luke giggles.

“Okay, maybe I have.”

“We’ll make it all happen. However you want it, it’ll be perfect. I want to get married soon, as soon as possible. We should start planning while we’re here, yeah? Get it finished so we can get married as soon as possible.” Luke says, quickly.

“Sure Luke, as soon as possible sounds perfect.” 

“Haliee, we’ve never talked about kids.” 

“What about them?” I ask, my stomach dancing thinking of having kids with Luke.

“Do you want kids?”

“I do want kids. Do you?” I ask. Luke nods furiously, smiling big. “How many?”

“3, 4, something like that.” Luke moves closer to me kissing my nose.

“Okay, good, same page then.” I laugh.

“Do you think we’re moving to fast?” Luke asks.

“No, we’ve been together for two years, we’re just talking about the future, not tomorrow.”

“Okay, I agree. God, I’m so fucking lucky.” Luke says.

“So am I. I still don’t know how I picked up a hot Australian singer.”

“I still don’t know how I picked up a beautiful American singer.” 

“The world may never know.” I smile, giving him a kiss.

“How fast can we put together a wedding do you think?” Luke asks, playing with my hair.

“Minimum, a few months, maximum, probably a year or more.” I respond.

“Okay, lets aim for as fast as we can. I’m talking two, three months, if we can.”

“Well okay. So, February or March?” I ask.

“Yes. We should get started after this nap, okay? I’m really excited to start a life with you, Haliee Hemmings.” Luke kisses me and than we drift to sleep, thinking about our future together. Wow, what a wonderful life.