46

Cold.

JENNIE

"Hey Jen." Kai asked. I sighed. "What do you want for lunch?"

"I'm still full." I said my eyes focused on my computer. Checking Lisa's info. "You can eat, I'll eat later."

"I want to have lunch with you." This time i looked at him and his giving me the puppy eyes. No thanks. "Please?" I sighed and massaged my eyebrows.

"Fine." I said and smiled sadly.

"Great! Let's go." Hold up, where is he taking me? I want to be near the hospital. "Let's get out of here. I'll take you to a restaurant." Oh no, sir.

"What? No i want to eat here. The canteens food is great why not here?" I asked and he gave me a confused look.

"A-are you ok?" Oh am i scaring him? Amazing. I nod my head.

"Yeah I'm ok. Fine let's go." I had no choice i have to agree. We walked out of my office and he was about to hold my hand when i quickly put my hands in my pocket.

He gave me a confusing look and i gave him a smile. I hate PDA. He was leaning for a kiss and i quickly move away.

"Not in the mood." I said and heard him sighed.

When we got to the restaurant. He ordered some food and i went on my phone and scrolled on twitter.

Lisa is trending on Twitter. Some are posting her pictures and some are wishing for her fast recovery.

I also saw the post of her friends and family. Should i do the same?

"The food is here." I almost dropped my phone when i heard Kai talked. "Are you sure you're ok?" I want to chop his tongue. Seriously he keeps on asking questions.

"Let's just eat." I said ignoring his questions. One more question i swear I'll leave him here.

He keeps on talking while we were eating but i wasn't listening. I was pre occupied.

I remembered my dates with her, with Lisa. Why why why why.

"Are you ok?"

"Lisa."

Wait.. What did i just said? DID I JUST MUMBLED LISA'S NAME?

"Huh? Jen, Lisa isn't here." Ok I'm screwed.

"Ohh." I looked at my food and realize i was done. And Kai is done aswell. "Can we go back to the hospital? Like right now?" I asked and again a confused look is what i received.

"S-sure."

Both of us went back to the hospital. He went directly to his office and i went to Lisa's room. And no one was inside.

How can they leave her without anyone looking for her? Eh, mind aswell go in.

I checked her heartbeat on the monitor and it's normal. I automatically smiled.

"Keep on fighting." I said to her. I hope she can hear me.

And i just realized something. It's true about what they say. You'll only realize a person's worth when they're gone.

"I'm sorry." I said, I'll never get tired of saying sorry to her. "I'll go now," I kissed her forehead before i went out.

When i stepped out of her room i felt like someone was watching. I just shrugged it off. Maybe it was nothing.

The next day...

"Hey Jenniee babe! Good morning." Ugh, it's him again. He hugged me and i just let him. "How's your sleep?"

"Mm, good."

"I love you."

I ignored him and got inside his car. Car.. Lisa. Oh my god.

I remember everything related to Lisa. Pre occupided again.

When we got to the hospital. Both of us got out from his car and i flinched when he held my shoulders.

So i tapped his hand. And he looked at me.

"Yes?"

"Hands off Kai." I said and he did what i told him.

"Hmm, you didn't call me baby." He pouted and i groaned.

"Jisoos Kai, not now." I said angrily. And i walked first, leaving him behind.

I went directly to my office to think some stuffs. I'm such a horrible person. First, i hurted Lisa so many times. Lastly, I'm with Kai, but i keep on thinking about Lisa. I'm with him but it doesn't feel right.

"I need to make this right." I mumbled. It was the perfect time when Kai went in.

"Are you ok?" He asked and went towards me. I don't if i can do this. "You can tell me anything." Oh it's really about you.

"Kai.." Before i continued talking i had a deep sigh. "Let's break up."

I saw his reactions. His eyes widened.

"W-what?"

"I'm sorry."

"Why? You still love her? You love Lisa?" I nodded my head slowly. "Did you love me?" He asked.

"I did, i loved you for the meantime Kai. But.. When she came back everything became different. The moment i looked into her eyes after a long time the feelings i had for her that i thought was gone came back."

I explained. If i stayed with him. It's like I'm cheating. Cause it's Lisa i always think about.

"I don't want to hurt you if i stayed with you. I'm always pre occupied then all i think it's Lisa. You don't deserve me." I saw a tear fell from his eyes but he smiled at me.

"I-i understand. Thank you though. For loving me, for everything. Thank you for making me experience of what is like to date a Jennie Kim." He gave me a hug and i hugged him back.

After that he left.

"Why is life like this?"

--

After the JenKai break up. Kai went to a bar to get wasted, to forget about Jennie Kim.

He drank his feelings and every pain he's feeling right now. But he's not mad. He understands Jennie and the situation.

A guy suddenly went beside him.

"Broken?" He asked and Kai nodded. "What happened?"

"My girlfriend. Now my ex. Is still inlove with her ex." He said and drank another glass again.

"And you gave her up?"

"What's the point on fighting if i know i lost in the first place?" The guy suddenly leaned in his ears to whisper something.

"If i where you. I wouldn't let her go. You have to fight for what's yours. That ex of your ex girlfriend left your girl right? And you, you where the one she had when no one else was there for her." Kai looked at the guy and he was smirking.

"Take what's yours dude. She's yours."

--
End of part 46|Distance

Teka may assignment pa. Hihi