Part 1

"Khushi, Khushi...", a lady in her mid 30s called the name searching for her in whole mansion.

A little girl, wearing a sky blue skirt and white top hiding under dining table and licking her little fingers covered with strawberry ice-cream caught her attention. She sighed, placing her hands on hip- Khushi!!!

A little girl of 8 years old closed her eyes tightly hearing the voice of her Anita Mumma. And was about slip away from her hand but before that Anita Singh Raizada held the little girl by her tiny waist skipping her in her arms at the same time tickling her.

The haveli filled with the laughter.

********************

"Di, what is this?? White white clothes?? And this crown?? I am not wearing anything?? And where is Khushi", a little boy of 10 years old asked his sister irritatingly.

"Offo Chotey, can't you just stand for a moment??", came the reply.

"Then why don't you tell me why are you making me wear this??", again asked the boy.

The girl stood up from ground where she was kneeling before- you will know that soon. Now come..

She started taking him with her.

"Where is Khushi?"

"You will meet her soon"

************************

He just could not what the priest was chanting Sanskrit mantras and looked around. His di, his Mumma, his papa were there standing beside him but where is she??

He heard the priest saying, "go and bring the bride."

Anita nodded and looked at Anjali indicating her to bring the bride. Within some minutes, Anjali was there with a little bride holding her finger tightly while her hand was holding a lollypop.

Wearing a red little lehenga, a loads of jewellery, kohl on eyes, mang tika on her forehead and little anklet on her little feet, the Little Bride sat beside the groom in front of holy fire, showing him her toothy grin.

She was loving her new attire today, colourful and bright!! Just like her.

The little boy was confused, he looked at his sister- why is she wearing this?? She is looking like goddess Durga Maa..

He giggled.

His sister slammed his hand- shh.. She is your Bride..

"Bride??"

"Hmmm"

"What's a bride??"

And before they could understand the meaning of marriage, two little souls were bonded by a thread called marriage.