Part 93

After spending some delightful time with everyone, Anjali and Kaira left with Karan who had joined them later. It was late evening, after their departure Arnav was busy in his work.

"Khushi.. Khushi!!"

Arnav called her name, but got no response. He raised his face from laptop screen and then only remembered he had not talked or seen Khushi since a long time after Di and Jiju left . He got up from recliner, shutting down his laptop and went in search of her wondering where did she go for this long !! He searched for her in almost every room but failed to find her. Then he found his mother.

" Maa.. Have you seen Khushi??"

"No.. Why??"

"I'm searching for her, but she is nowhere to be found."

" She must be at home Chotey, Khushi never leaves any where without informing. Relax."

Arnav nodded his head, Maa was right, Khushi never leaves without informing, if not anyone then her Maa for sure. Some time some priorities never change, like her informing Anita . She might forget to tell him someday but never forgets to tell Anita before going any where.

 Childhood routine has become her daily habit.

Arnav was looking around when he saw door to terrace opened. Not waiting any longer, he proceed there only to find Khushi standing and lost in her world. Arnav stopped himself at door way. Even though Khushi wants her own space or time to think herself, she has still never isolated herself like this, coming to terrace to have a conversation with herself. Arnav did not step further, not wishing to disturb her comfort zone she had borrowed for herself.

 Neither Arnav left from there leaving her alone, he just stood there by door way.

Taking a deep sigh Khushi thought the recent happening in her life, especially Lucknow incidents. Baba has taken the risk to look after that place even after knowing how evil people were associated there, Arnav had gone there even got hurt himself.. And why both of them were doing?? Because they both care for her and want her to understand and secure her own rights or duties. 

If Garima Mumma were alive, would not she have done same?? Does not it come under her responsibility category to take of that place where her mother was born and brought up.. Is not it her duty to secure the inheritance of that palace which directly belong to her Garima Maa, her maternal grand parents, their hope, their dream, their emotions, their memories!!

Why was she binding herself in her own sentiment and failing to see the real world?? Her own point of hating this palace was justified but how justified was her point from others perspective?? If Baba, Arnav are taking so much efforts for her, why can't she just do the same for her own?? Not only the inheritance of palace but there were numbers of persons associated there and she can't forget them for her own reason.

Like Arnav said, she needs to face past if she wants to end it soon.

Khushi closed her eyes and whispered.

" Mumma.."

It was not less painful for Arnav to know whose name she was taking!! She was missing Garima Mumma, she was fighting with herself in her inner battle. She was trying to make herslef understand, she was trying to make her heart accept something which her heart has been hating for years.He tightened his fist seeing that bitter expression and tension on her face.

 He knows her emotions for her mother and her hatred towards Lucknow, still she was trying to convince herself which made him feel lump in his throat. For a moment he thought to cancel this Lucknow issue from their memory. But he knew he could not!!