Part 89

It was 12.30 at night. Khushi curled herself on bed hugging a pillow close to her heart. Arnav had already called and informed his arrival in Lucknow. Pulling herself, she sat on bed and took her phone that was laying beside her. She thought to give a call to him, but in next moment stopped. The travel from Delhi to Lucknow is a long driving, apart from this Arnav was already busy whole day in office. She kept her phone back, she should not disturb him when he needs some rest.

Getting up from bed, khushi stepped towards poolside, crossing her both arms across her chest she gazed at beautiful half moon, dazzling with twinkling stars. A little smile came across on her lips, she leaned her head on wall while staring up at sky. Just then her phone vibrated, she looked down at her hand after uncrossing her hands. The name that was flashing on screen, brought a huge smile on her lips. Swiping on screen, she took her phone to her ear..

"Soyi nehi abhi tak?? (Have not you slept yet??)

"Tum bhi to jage huye ho.." (You are too awake.)

His lips curved, his question and her perfect answer!! Did they need to convey anything more after this that what they were feeling at that particular time being away from each other??

" You know, I was half way to Lucknow, it's started raining!!"

Khushi became attentive, the meaning of Rain had varied in her life at different phase. There was once she used to hate but this detachment had changed. 

Arnav continued, " Rain reminds me of you and our FIRST NIGHT!!" (his voice was huskier.)

Every first thing leaves an imprint in hearts. Every night of her with him was memorable but nothing can replace that beautiful night in their life .. For her that was special, but she had thought her taking that night as special to this extent, was only restricted till her feeling. And when she came to hear from Arnav that not only for her but also for him, that night remains in an unusually beautiful way..her heart danced with contentment.

Hearing her silence for a prolong period, and reading her mind after his confession he himself was sort of words to say anything further.

"Hey.."

Khushi was brought back to present.

"Hmm.."

" Only one and a half months are left only.."

Khushi scrunched her brow, "For??"

" For our first wedding anniversary!!"

Khushi smiled.

" Not only that.. There is another celebration on that day too.."

Now it was Arnav's turn to pressure his brain, khushi added," That's your birthday by the way.."

" You remember??"

" I have not forgotten it ever.."

" After this matter is over, we are going somewhere..You and me, alone!!"

He demanded his portion of her timing in advance, khushi laughed.

" Don't forget we have Aman and Nitya's wedding in a month or so.."

"No problem.. Then after that, but for sure.."

He insisted and khushi had nothing to deny.

" But where??"

" I don't know, but that will be a surprise for you."

Khushi laughed.

" Then why don't we decide something Arnav??"