Part 40

She was hell tired that day. Just after hitting the bed she fell into asleep even before 9pm. She was doing some sketches in her room but was tired to complete that and ended up sleeping in her room only. After a whole 2 hours when Khushi opened her eyes sleepily found herself in her room only. She quickly glanced at clock. Scratching her head she tried to get up knowing she should be in the adjacent room!! Dragging her sleepy body she was about to proceed further but stopped at upstairs as she found Anita Maa sitting on sofa with a book in her hand..

She clearly remembered it was past 11 pm.. Then since when Mumma started adopting this late night study habit?? Does not she know she is not allowed to experiment anything with her health.. Frowning her brows Khushi went down..

"What are you doing Maa?? It's past 11 pm.."

Anita looked up from the book, removing her reading glasses she replied..

"Chotey has not returned yet.. I'm waiting for him.."

Khushi opened her lips to question further on his late returning but stopped on her tracks thinking what if Maa asks how does not he know whether he has been to the room or not still now!! It would give Maa another ton of worry and she was least bothered to do so. In fact it was strange for her to know he has not actually returned yet!!

"Maa... You go and take rest!! I'll be here."

"Khushi.. It's ok.. I'm not sleepy.."

"Maa.. Go to room now.. I said I'll be here.."

Anita opened her lips to say something but Khushi stopped her understanding her query..

"And I'll make sure he eats Maa.. Now please go and sleep.."

Anita smiled hearing that, this situation might help!! Nodding her head, she left to her room. Finally being sured Maa was inside her bedroom, Khushi sat on sofa taking the same novel Maa was reading to understand what was so interesting in there..

She failed to understand when another 30 minutes passed, her eyes raised up only she heard the door opening sound. Arnav was about to proceed upstairs but stopped finding her there..

Khushi got up from sofa..

"I'm warming food.. Come down soon."

She did not add anything further, though Arnav raised his brow!! Was she waiting.. for Him??

After 5 minutes Arnav was there, Khushi placed the plate in front of him then poured some water..

"You are not sleeping yet!!"

"Maa was waiting for you.. I found her here.. That's why thought it would be good if she sleeps for sometime and I can stay here.."

Arnav looked up hearing an honest reply. After that night's conversation, she did have the scope to tell a little lie and it would not have harmed that much. He would not have further if she had replied she was waiting for him actually, not involving Maa!! But she did not. Her words were true to her emotion and he appreciated that thought!!

"You need anything else??"

"No.. Thank you.."

Honesty is the best integrity as well a foundation of any relationship!! And may be for the fulfillment of this factor for their relationship, they would not have to do much!! Their current situation as well as mind set would hardly let the scope to be dishonest with each other..

Finally calling the day off they hit the bed!!

*************

"May I come in Sir??"