Part 82

Khushi had been busy since the time she has come to set, it was lunch hour. Her friend Tarun and few others were sharing their lunch when Khushi was passing by, so Tarun called her.

" Hey Khushi.. (Khushi stopped and came forward near them.) Have lunch with us today!! It's late.."

Being friends mean not only sharing happiness or problems, but sometimes sharing care too!! Khushi was one of those luckiest who had some friends like this..either Nitya, Tarun or few others. Khushi took a seat beside them and took sandwich from Tarun's box saying.

" Since morning I have not eaten anything.. I.."

She was about to take that sandwich near her mouth, when something stuck in her brain.

" Hey, what's today's date??"

Ankita, one of her friends told her. Instantly Khushi stood up, keeping that sandwich back in Tarun's lunch box and wiped her hands.

" It's my fast.. How could I forget??"

Ankita and Tarun laughed.

" You and Fast!! Seriously??"

Khushi rolled her eyes.

" It's Karwachauth today.. So!! (she quickly rushed away from there and soon after few minutes came to them and said while stuffing her bag)-Guys, I need to leave ASAP. Maa must be doing everything alone at home, please manage everything here. Ok??"

"We will.. But don't be so hurry.. Careful. Ok??"

Waving them good bye, Khushi rushed away from there checking her wrist watch which was showing 1.30pm.

**************************

When Khushi reached at RM, he could see people were busy decorating and lightening up the whole house. As guests would be coming in evening, preparation was going on full swing. She went inside and found Anita speaking with one man who was decorating with flowers.

"Maa.."

Anita turned to her, she was surprised seeing Khushi early.

" You are early today??"

Khushi shook her head.

" Leave that Maa.. First tell me what I have to do, I have actually forgotten it completely."

" Forgot..what??"

"That today is Karwachauth.. Suddenly I remembered at work."

Anita was surprised.

" You are fasting.."(that was a question more than a statement from Anita's side.)

Khushi nodded her head.

" Actually unknowingly though I had plan before but forgot eventually.. Please leave that na Maa.. Tell me what to do, should I do anything now?? Though I always see you doing this ritual every year, I don't remember anything."

Anita could not stop her smile, she lightly pinched Khushi's cheek.

" There is nothing to do now, Come with me!!"

Anita was about to drag Khushi with her, Khushi stopped Anita and said slowly.

" Another problem is there also.. (Anita raised her brow questioningly, giving a nervous smile Khushi came closer and whispered slowly.) Help me draping saree this time, last time Di did not help me that well, I had tripped multiple times then. It was hell embarrassing Maa."

Anita laughed hearing Khushi. Was she the same girl who was once so against this marriage, so angry and hurt with this almost imposed relationship, so reluctant to carry out this bond in life. Was she the same girl who was demanding divorce the very next day of marriage, was she the same girl who had left house being angry with everyone, was she the same girl who was once not ready to share the same room with her son??