Part 67

"Ouch.. Carefully Khushi.."

Whined Nitya, Khushi gave a sheepish smile while pinning her saree palu. She used safteypin for safety purpose.

"I think pink bindi will go with your outfit!!"

"Ok.."

Done with her makeup and braiding her hair, Nitya stood up from stool. She was looking gorgeous wearing a baby pink beautiful saree with matching accessories.

"How do I look??"

"Average kind of..", Khushi patted her long eyelashes innocently gaining a slap from Nitya.

"Waise.. Arnav bol raha tha ki.. Dadi is super strict Nitu.. You are going to have hard time Meri Jaan!!"

"Don't tell me you are scaring me Khushi.. I am already nervous.."

"Suits you.."

"Stop being so mean.."

Making face Nitya looked away and moved towards window. She was feeling really nervous and shaking from within!! She has never met any family for marriage purpose before. And meeting Aman's family that too then when she is so much into Aman and their relationship, she could not take any rejection!! She loves Aman so much.. What if Dadi does not like her?? What if Dadi finds her imperfect for Aman??

They can't run away from their families and get married of course.. She wants them together but with family's blessing.. Her heart was beating fast..

Soon two soft arms wrapped around her in a comfortable embrace..

"Soch mat.. Sab acha hi hoga!!"

"Were not you just scaring me??"

"I was just making you be aware Nitu.. Its really hard to please his Dadi..:", she got another smack from Nitya.

"Aree.. I'm not joking Nitu. I just want to warn you. I'm your well wisher, you know!!"

"Go to hell Khushi.."

*****************************

"Khushi, Nitya!! Come out.. Let's go..", It was Nitya's mother.. Khushi nodded her head, and held Nitya's hand..

"Arrange my pleats for once Khushi.."

"Yeah.. Let me!!"

***************************

Arpita, Aman's sister got up finding Nitya entering there. She was holding tea cups in a serving tray.

"Hi.."

Nitya smiled.

"Come sit..", Arpita tried to make Nitya comfortable. Nitya felt a bit relaxed beside her. Before sitting she exchanged a look with Aman who was smiling at her. But she noticed something else, soon his smile turn into a mischievous one and he shared a devil look with Khushi.. Nitya could not believe these two were still teasing her, when she was so nervous.. Khushi was standing with Nitya's mother.

Everyone exchanged talk, enjoyed some snacks!! Aman's family already liked Nitya, she was soft spoken one!! Aman's mother affectionately touched her cheeks..

"Show me your hands Nitya!!"

Nitya did so but doubtfully.

Soon two golden beautiful bangles were slipped in her wrist. Nitya's mother gave that as a token of their blessing and love as well as a mark her being selected as their Bahu!! Nitya felt emotional..

"This is our khandani kangan!! Be sure you keep them safe with you till your last breath Nitya!!", It was Aman's dadi. Her chosen words, as well as her tone made Nitya a bit tensed!! Though again Arpita tried to ease the situation with her maturity. Finally it was time for lunch.