Part 15

Khushi and Kaira came to other members. They both sat beside Anjali, facing Arnav. Arnav gave one look to Khushi before turning to Kaira, who was demanding her chocolates. Arnav nodded his head, looked down at his hand at the box of chocolate he was holding, then gave a look at others, all were busy talking to each other except Khushi who has become silent all of sudden.

Seeing the absent mind of all, he quickly exchanged the box he was holding with another chocolate box that was in his luggage. He then handed that to Kaira, Kaira smiled brightly and turned to Anjali- Mumma.. See.. Chocolates..

Anjali lovingly touched her cheek- Did you thank him??

Kaira turned to Arnav- Thank you Chotey..

Everyone's jaw dropped while Khushi hide her grin, Arnav frowned- Di.. That's not funny.. You guys have already spoiled my name, now your daughter too!!!

Anjali- Haww.. Chotey not a single word against my Kaira..

She turned to Kaira- Kaira, You should not call him like this, you should call him mamu or uncle what ever you like.. (she explained her little daughter.)

Kaira thought- Ok.. Then you have to call him uncle too..

Arnav sighed- Puri ki puri aap hi ki beti hai Di.. I'm cent % sure now..

Anjali- You meant to say you had doubt earlier..

Arnav- But I'm confirmed today..

Kaira went to Khushi, who was telling something to Anita, Kaira- Cookie..

Khushi turned her face, raising her brow- Yes..

Kaira- Chocolates.. See..

Khushi gave her a smile- Yeah.. You enjoy..

Kaira- You don't want??

Khushi- No.. I don't like this chocolate..

Arnav rolled his eyes.. Did she just reject his chocolates?? And that too those he had actually ordered for her taking into care  her taste of extra caramel and lots of nuts with choco chips!! How could she just insult something he has got?? He exchanged the previous chocolate box thinking Khushi and Kaira would share this one, but NO.. She has to show her real colour..

Karan- All got their gifts, Where is your gift Sali sahiba??(some time Karan calls Khushi Sali sahiba to tease her.)

Arnav replied before Khushi could even say a word- I have not bought anything for her.. Sorry to say but I forgot!! Kaira has some chocolates, to wo uske sath share kar legi.

He replied arrogantly, if she does not know how to respect other's gift, she does not deserve anything from him too. He left from there taking his luggage where another extra packet of chocolate was still laying cursing its fate.

Khushi stared at his retreating back.. Was he showing his favor on her?? For heaven sake, she has no heart to see anything of his gifts..And How could he just insult her like this and too in front of everyone?? She is not desperate to see his gifts, neither she would take any gift from this man who does know how to respect the thing he has gifted someone.. She recalled the watch incident happened years ago. That day he has hurt her feeling, today he did insult her esteem.

Angrily she left from there to her room, locking the door she jumped on bed.

Khushi- Use kisi cheez kin na kal koi kadar thi.. na hi kabhi wo samjhega.. hopeless creature!!

Arnav stared at the small circular box in his hand, if she can reject that chocolate, she would surely offend this gift too.. It's her temperament to insult his gift like she did years ago on Anjali Di's marriage function, for her everyone's gift comes before him!! She has not changed, neither he expects her to change. Arnav angrily locked that small box in his locker promising himself never to give her anything.