Part 100

Clock strike 11 pm, Khushi yawned, taking sip after sip of coffee she tried to make herself stay awake till Arnav's return. Whole day she was busy, now she was totally exhausted but simply can't go to bed not seeing his face . Arnav too had never done this before, he usually always informs his late coming either in morning or sending her text. What was keeping him busy today?? Khushi tried to call him, but his phone was switched off.

May be watching TV can help her for some time, he must be returning soon.

The moment Arnav entered in his bedroom, it was past mid night. His eyes fell on TV first then his wife who had fallen asleep in an odd position sitting on bed, surely waiting for him!!  He felt more miserable. Just a single second is enough to turn upside down everything, Is not it??

His heart ached seeing her waiting for him, whole they have not talked for a second also. In morning both were busy in their respective tasks, could not get time to talk. He was also tired and disturbed , both physically and emotionally. Changing into his night suit, Arnav came to bed and fell on bed next to his wife after making her sleep in a comfortable way. She stirred in her sleep whether due to disturbance or comfort Arnav had certainly no idea.

Arnav held her hand, rubbing his thumb pad on back of her palm as if calming her down. And she started relaxing even in sleep Soon Khushi went back to sleep, while Arnav had no idea whether he would get any sleep tonight or not. .

Laying straight, he just stared at ceiling.

Next morning when Khushi opened her eyes, found herself carefully covered under duvet. She turned her face to other side to find that empty like last night when she was waiting for him. She quickly sat on bed and thought to check Arnav when bathroom door clicked opened and Arnav came out after shower.

Wearing his black trouser, wiping his wet hair with white towel. He seem totally lost, Khushi watched him for some seconds, had he seen her or no, she frowned!! And most importantly where was he last night till so late?? When did he return and why did not he wake her up?? And in morning too acting like all ignorant.

Pushing away that soft duvet, Khushi wore her flip-flop and covered the distance between them.

"Why did not you wake up me last night??", asked Khushi putting her hands on her hip.

Arnav stopped buttoning his brown formal shirt hearing her voice and raised his face. Khushi raised her brow.

" What were you doing till late Raizada?? Met with your Ex finally??"  (She asked teasingly about that person who had no existence in real..)

Arnav sighed.

" I would not have returned if I had met my Ex last night. I would have stayed back with her." (he replied plainly, her jaw dropped at his reply.)

"Dare you do so.. I'll kill you with my bare hands."

" Shut up Khushi.."

Moving her aside, Arnav moved to brush his hair, but Khushi held his hand from behind. Pulling him towards her, Khushi whispered.

" No pleasant expression after meeting ME?? Do you know people are waiting for my single gaze? But look at you Raizada.." (She praised herself.)

Arnav rolled his eyes.

" Khushi..!!"

Before he could say anything, Khushi pecked his cheek.

" Ok.. Don't be annoyed. I was just teasing.. Don't spoil your mood in morning because of me, I'm just going!!"