Part 3

Khushi, age-11 Arnav, age-13

After school, kids were in near by playground playing there. Khushi was playing hide and seek with her friends, while Arnav and his team decided to play cricket, like most of the boys they were also fond of cricket.

Arnav was captain of the team as well as doing batting.

After playing her hide and seek for some time, Khushi got bored of this play, but her friends were still enthusiastic to play this game than any other. So she gave up the idea of asking them to play any other game seeing their willingness in this game. Excusing herself from her friends, she came a little away, sitting down on grass she looked at those boys playing cricket at other end of playground.

She got excited and ran to that direction,

Khushi called out loudly, "Arnav!!!".

Arnav looked behind and right at that moment he missed the ball. His team screamed his name angrily, while rival team laughed at him.

His anger reached its peak, he went towards Khushi who was standing there looking at him all excitedly. Coming near her, Arnav asked angrily- What happened that you screamed my name so loudly you fool?? Do you know because of you I missed the ball but thank to god I did not lose the game..

Her excitement faded as he scolded her.

Khushi- I want to play with you..

Arnav asked stretching his arm- What??

Khushi-Cricket, budhu!!

Arnav glared at her- How dare you call me budhu?? And do you know a single thing about cricket apart from that bat and ball??

Khushi pouted sadly, her eyes fell on Naina who was also Arnav's classmate, she saw her joining guys.

Khushi- But Naina joined you guys?? Why can't I??

Arnav turned to see, there was Naina there smilingly. He turned to Khushi- So what?? She is our friend, our class mate, you got that?? Now get lost and play with your friends-hide-seek...

Arnav was about to leave, Khushi ran and stood in front of- If you don't let me play with you, I'll tell Mumma that day you made me write down your history notes from Akash's copy..(almost threatening him showing him finger.)

Arnav narrowed his eyes- Are you blackmailing me??

Khushi shuddered her shoulder- I don't know.. But I'll tell Mumma and you will be punished later. Even I have many more secrets of your with me, I'll tell those your friends too..

Arnav came closer asking- Oh! Really??

Khushi nodded her head confidently- Yes.

Arnav thought for some time- But still you can't play with us..

Khushi- WHY??

Arnav- Look at your height.. and our height!! What if by any chance, the bat hit your face and you end up in that canal?? Oooo..Khushi and Canal!! Hahaha..

Khushi- But even Sachin also small in height, still he plays cricket?? Are you fooling me Arnav??(she asked dangerously putting her hands on her waist.)

Arnav did not hear anything, ran away from there- Ask Mumma to give you complan..

Khushi sat on a wooden bench sadly, looking around. Her eyes stick to Naina who was playing so happily with them, then her eyes fell on canal. Something came in her mind, she smiled wickedly.

After their game, all started getting back to home. Khushi also came to Arnav as Anita has strictly told her and Arnav that Khushi will come with him not alone!! Arnav was taking his bicycle, when Naina came-Hi Arnav..