Part 58

"You think this will work??"

"Definitely.."

Hanging up the call, trusting on his words Khushi kept her phone on bed. She came out of bedroom looking around, Anita was no where to be seen, she glanced at clock which was showing it was Aarav Baba's returning time. She quickly climbed down the stairs, sending prayers to almighty! Anita was not there in kitchen, Khushi went and stood by the slab just peeking out to see if anyone was coming or not and finally found the maindoor opened and Baba entering inside.

She cleared her throat and said loudly so that even Aarav would hear her voice while passing by..

"Maa is wishing to have gajar ka halwa.. But here I cut my hand.. How am I going to prepare that?? For first time Maa asked me to cook something for her and I.. I can't believe I failed to fulfill her wish!!"

Aarav stopped hearing her, he walked towards kitchen and saw Khushi staring at those freshly grated carrot and other ingredient kept on slab for the dessert. He moved forward to Khushi when his eyes fell on her banded right hand. He got tensed, 

" Khushi.. How did you get hurt??"

Khushi became alerted, thought lying to Baba needs lots of courage and that such a white lie, she still tried to act bravery but not before cursing Arnav whose idea was that!!

"Baba, I was just grating some carrots for halwa. But absentmindedly I ended up cutting my very own finger.. And now the important topic is, I can't now prepare gajar ka halwa for Mumma.. she is carving to eat it!!"

Aarav tried to hold her hand, checking her.

" You are ok Khushi??"

She felt guilty, here Baba was so worried for her and she was directly playing with his sentiment using her fake hurt as a weapon. How could she cheat on Baba like this?? Khushi said while moving away her hand from his reach

" Yes.. Baba, I'm fine.. But gajar halwa??" (she asked hopefully wishing Baba to show some interest from his side to prepare it..)

Aarav replied plainly.

"You can prepare it some other day.. You first go from here!! "(He asked sternly.)

Her jaw dropped!! She knew.. she had already known this plan would backfire!! And what would she do now??

"No Baba.. I have to prepare this gajar halwa.. You know na.. in today's day, how dangerous Mother-in-laws are!! What if Maa gets angry with me and tortures me for the rest of my life.. Have you ever seen those daily soaps Baba?? You can't believe how a mother-in-law tortures her daughter-in-law.."

She was surprised at her own behavior and her own words!! If by any chance Arnav would come to know, she had called his mother as Dangerous Mother-in-law.. he would eat her alive for sure.. She remembered that day, when he was so furious with her and asked her to apologize to Mumma for misbehaving with her!!. But this time while saying so , for sure Khushi had no such intention. She just wanted that cold war between Maa and Baba to end soon..

"But Khushi.. How are you going to prepare then??"

"Baba... Can you please help me??"

Aarav raised his brow high in confusion.

" For??"

Khushi gave a sheepish smile. This was the golden chance.

" Preparing this dessert.. Please.. "(She finally said..)

Aarav shirked up.

" What?? I'm the most horrible cook Khushi.. Leave Anita , none would ever taste my prepared food!! You just set this idea aside and go back to your room. (he ordered.) And I'm going to talk to Anita.. How could she act so strict with you?? "(he added and started moving.)