Part 8

It was the evening before Anjali's marriage. There was hustle bustle around the house, most of the relatives have arrived, and few are coming soon. Decoration was going on with full speed, mandap was almost done!! Different types of sweets were preparing, girls were busy in deciding what to wear, how to do their make up, selecting matching accessories for their outfit, boys were busy in having their gala time at backyard of house in a small yet fascinating room!! Anita was talking to ladies about marriage preparation while Aarav was supervising everything.

While all were busy in their respective work, Arnav was in his room, sitting quietly on bed, packing his stuffs as after his Di's bidai, he is also going to take his flight to Mumbai. His mind is totally disturbed, there are two reasons, firstly he was going away from his family for first time and second one was he Di was getting married!! He was feeling so aloof, as if he had lost any single reason to be happy. He was unable to comprehend the situation.

Khushi who was passing by, by chance got a glance of him. She found him packing his stuffs with sullen face!! She stopped at door way and got inside the room. They both never got any reason to ask the otherone's permission before entering into.

"Done with packing??", she asked seeing him giving his whole concentration on his stuffs.

Arnav looked up hearing her voice, watched her for few milliseconds before diverting his eyes-Hmm..

Khushi twisted her lips seeing his cold behavior. She went, sat on edge of bed facing him- Should I help you??

He replied annoyingly, not understanding the reason behind his own weird behavior- Nehi chahiye..

Khushi raised her brow- Tum gussa ho??(she asked)

Arnav looked back- Why?? Should I be angry??

Khushi-God!! Arnav, what's the matter??

Arnav got up from bed, went to his book shelf to take his few books- I don't want to talk to you.. Leave!!

Khushi got up, stood behind him-Ohh..So you are angry with me?? What did I do now??

He did not reply, pretending himself busy. Khushi hide her smile seeing him fuming on her without any specific reason. She came, stood in front of him- To main jaun?? You sure you don't wanna talk to me??

He again kept mum.

Khushi- Arnav, you are leaving tomorrow!! Don't know, when we will get the chance to talk again or not?? (his finger stopped but he did not look at her..) Will you call me??

Arnav-Nehi karunga!!(he replied instantly.)

Khushi asked pressing her lips- Message bhi nehi??

Arnav turned to face her-Kyun karu main?? You must be happy within, right?? I'm going away from here, there will be none to fight with you, you will be happy here.. Mumma and Papa will love you more as me and Di are leaving!! Even you have made so many new friends these days that you would hardly remember there is anyone named Arnav!! (he spoke in one breath)

Khushi- That means you are going to forget me after you make new friends??(she asked sadly??)

Arnav- I did not say that..

Khushi- Then how come you get to know I'm going to forget you after making new friends??

He felt sort of words.. he moved away saying- I have heard that..Distance creates gaps..

Khushi- But I have heard, distance makes heart grow fonder!!

*************************

Barat has arrived, Anita and some ladies were busy in welcoming barat, Arnav was standing beside them silently, while Khushi was looking around smilingly seeing joy when heard a loud call from crowd-Khushi..Khushi!!