Part 9

" Did you call Chotey??", asked Aarav, next day morning taking a seat beside Anita who handed him a cup of black tea without sugar.

Anita replied sipping her own tea- No, he called me last night after reaching there. I thought not to disturb him more calling him again. He had some formalities there too for hostel admission, over to this he must be tired due to whole day's affair here!! I thought to call him in morning.

Aarav nodded his head, agreeing to Anita- Yeah.. And when Anjali is coming??

Anita- Mrs.Singhania said they would be here by 10 o'clock.

Aarav looked around for Khushi whom he has not seen since long as per his calculus- By the way, where is Khushi?? I suppose I have not seen her for a long time. Is she still sleeping??

And that made Anita alarmed, her eyes got widen- Even me too!! How could I forget about her??( she cursed herself for being careless not keeping an eye on Khushi who has gone missing!!)

She got up from her seat and hurried to Khushi's room, the door was locked from inside. Anita knocked the door very gently first- Khushi.. Khushi..

She knocked harder this time- KHUSHI!!! Khushi, it's too late, get up!!

But heard no response, a sudden worry made her go restless, she called out for Aarav- Aarav ji.. Can you get me the duplicate keys!! She is not opening the door..

Soon Aarav reached there, he also tried to call her once, but got same silence in reply. Without wasting much time, he tried the duplicate keys to enter into the room. And coming inside they found Khushi sleeping on bed on her tummy, burying her face as much as she could in pillow. The room was still dark, Aarav went to slide the curtains to let the sun light peer in while Anita came to her.

Caressing her hair softly, Anita called- Khushi.. Get up beta. Khushi!!

Khushi opened her eyes feeling a gentle touch on her, followed by a sweet calling. She looked up and found Anita on bed- Mumma?? (her eyes fell on Aarav) Baba??

She stared at them confusingly, Anita asked- Are you ok?? You are looking tired Khushi?? What happened??

She shook her head negatively, gathering herself she sat on bed leaning towards Anita, hugging her- when is Di coming??

Anita- Very soon..BTW where were you yesterday?? Anjali was looking for you.. Even you got disappeared and did not bid bye to Chotey..

Her body stiffened hearing Arnav's name!! She looked up- Arnav chala gaya??(she asked)

Anita- Han Khushi, he had his flight last night, you forgot!!

Has she forgotten anything?? NO..but he has forgotten something for sure!! He did not think it necessary to meet her once before leaving, was not he the one who initiated this fight and that too without giving any proper reason to her!! May be he is right..Distance creates gaps!! Thought Khushi feeling all of sad once again.

*********************************

It's been one month now. Anjali Di is quite a more than happy in her new life, Mumma, Baba too seeing his kids happy.. Arnav calls every day..or at least once in each alternate day but never cared to talk to her!! And she..she is also busy in her school, it's her 11th grade now!! These times are very precious, she can't afford to neglect it. Thought Khushi in one afternoon after her school, sitting on one wooden bench in garden!!

But she can't deny the fact, she feels lonely, empty within these days. How long can she bury herself in her books, gadgets, drawing?? She needs someone to talk too..Though to avoid these void she has started helping Anita in her daily c****s, still she thinks her time is going on a very low speed of a tortoise.