Part 37

His words ringed in her ears, she looked up into his eyes!! And then only she noticed him clearly after all these hours.. he was looking so disturbed, his eyes!! Why his eyes were seemed hollow?? There were much more emotion his eyes reflected but she failed to read any.. She quickly looked away as Arnav unlocked the door.

"I'll return to hospital after sometime.."

"Your wish!!", her voice was cold. But he wanted to tell her..something.. just not sure about what!! Just not sure from where to start and how..

It was totally a different feeling when Khushi unlocked her own bedroom. It was almost like a new place but when she entered in she found herself in her very own world!! Her eyes travelled around before she sat on bed.

After almost one hour, when Arnav went downstairs could smell the aroma of spices coming from kitchen.. It gave him a familiar vibe, he was about to move towards door when heard..

"Wait for a moment.. I have cooked dinner for Baba, you can give him."

She did not make any eye contact or extend their conversation.. Conversing with him after all these fiasco seem the most difficult one. 

Handing him bag, she went away!! Soon she heard the car leaving the boundary. Serving herself on one plate, she came to dining table.. She did not call him for meal, she did not wish it either!! At that time, she was not ready to have her meal with him alone.. And more over she should not bother right.. He eats or not, should be his concerned!! She does not wish to involve herself.. Filling her stomach, Khushi went to back to her room..

*********************

"Khushi has sent dinner for you..", said Arnav while placing bag in front of Aarav.

"And you??", asked Aarav finding Arnav making his way towards Anita who was awake now. They were inside her cabin.

"I have had..", Arnav knew it was a bad manner to lie especially to parents.. He kissed his mother on her head..

"Aap thik ho??"

"Bilkul.."

"Ohh.. Then I guess this another dinner box is sent by mistake..", Anita and Aarav exchanged look. Arnav looked back at his father then back at his mother. Were their eyes twinkling?? But for what?? Maa appears as if her drug is not needed anymore, all of sudden!!

"Come on Chotey.. Don't waste food.. Come here.."

"Papa I said.."

"And I heard you already.. Now come here."

Arnav was about to deny once again but stopped. 

"I'll wash my hands and come back.."

"No need.. Come here fast!!", called Aarav while making a morsel of food. Arnav bent his head silently as Aarav feed him the bite.

After dinner when Arnav left the cabin to wash used plates, Anita looked at Aarav..

"What are you thinking??"

"The same that you think.."

"I know both of them.. They will never agree...."

"They need a solid PUSH!!", added Aarav looking at his wife!!

*****************************

It was morning, getting ready Khushi again and again checked her wrist watch!! It was showing 10 am. All will return soon and she can't wait to meet Mumma Baba here, back home.. Restlessly she started walking hence and forth as if measuring the living area perimeter until she heard the horn. She quickly rushed and opened the door..