Part 23

It was an art exhibition meant only for arts students. What ever amount would be collected through it, that will be spent for those kids who are suffering from cancer. Many colleges were participating in it. Khushi's college was one of it, so Khushi and Nitya were also a part of that exhibition and to be more particular they both were thoroughly enjoying this exhibition where they were not visitor but participants candidates for first time!! Khushi was grinning ear to ear, roaming her eyes around seeing the flow of people specially of young stars.

Nitya pulled Khushi by her elbow and whispered- Why don't you call Arnav??

Khushi frowned hearing Arnav's name, they were not in talking term for last few days.

Khushi- Kyun?? Tujhe yaad aa rahi hai??

Nitya rolled her eyes- He likes this type of exhibition Khushi and don't forget you were the one who had told me.. That's why I was saying.. He will surely be happy.

Khushi kept quiet for a moment, Was not she the one for whom he was pushed away from all these!! Her small prank did cost him with this.. She felt uneasy remembering that incident. Should she call him?? Will he come here?? What if he taunts her reminding of those days?? And most importantly why would he come here if she called him??

Khushi bit her lips a little and replied to Nitya- Nehi yaar.. He must be in office. I don't think it would be nice if we disturb him.

Nitya giggled- Tu Arnav se darti hai Khushi??

Khushi's jaw dropped- Are you crazy?? He is not a monster Nitya.. And why would I be scared of him?? Kuch bhi.. (she shook her head.)

Nitya- Then why are not you just calling him??

Khushi thought to explain, but stopped saving the time for argument and said while taking out her phone from back pocket of her jeans- I'll call him only once...If he picks up, then that's ok and if he does not also, that's fine too.. You will not nag more..

Pushing Nitya away from her way, Khushi moved aside a little as there was loud sounds.

After 2-3 rings, the call was answered, Khushi was about to say HELLO, but was greeted by a woman's voice.

"Hello.."

"Hello...Who is that??"

"Khushi, it's Tara.."

Khushi gulped down hearing Tara's voice.

Khushi- Tum?? Arn..Arnav hai wahan??(she asked hesitantly..)

What wasTara doing with Arnav's phone?? Werethey together at this time?? But what were they doing?? This was the only thought playing in her brain!!

Tara replied staring back at Arnav who was talking to his colleague outside of his cabin- He is busy Khushi.. Why don't you call back him later??

Khushi also has no reason to question her further, neither that seem appropriate to her at that instance. Not asking anything she hanged up the call. Returning back to her previous place, she stood there. Nitya saw her, asked coming near her- What happened??

Khushi replied coldly- He is a busy man Nitu, I told you earlier.

Her expression was so confusing for Nitya to understand at that moment, what happened that her face fell?? Did Arnav say anything bad to her??

*****************

Arnav entered inside the cabin and said while taking his seat- Tara, you yourself see the sample your company has showed us earlier and the materials they have supplied us now.

Tara saw what Arnav had placed in front of her.

Arnav continued- Even last time too your materials were not upto the quality, still we gave you chance this time just because our relation with Mr. Subrat Khanna (owner of the firm where Tara works) is very close. But we can't take this anymore, sorry to say but I think if this happens more we will breach the contract with you!!