Chapter Two

I couldn't get those chocolate eyes out of my mind last night. It's not like I was going to see him again, but then again, you never know. I was pretty new to this city, me and my mom just moved a couple months ago. I'm still getting used to it, this city is so different from little Victorville.

"Good morning," I greet my mother as I walk down the stairs. I haven't made any friends here yet, so it's just me and my mom at the moment. Not that I mind at all. It just gets lonely when my mom is off to work.

I should get out there and meet more people, make some friends..but..nah. I'm not that social, as you can probably already tell. Hopefully I'll make some friends in college.

My phone vibrates and I check it. I literally don't Have any contacts except my mother so who on earth would be texting me? It's probably a spam caller.

Unknown: Hey

Serenity: I'm sorry who is this?

Unknown: Oh it's Shawn, the guy who dropped his wallet yesterday.

Serenity: Oh..

Um why do I have your number?

Shawn: I put it in silly

I thought you would be a fun person to talk to.

Serenity: Oh..um thanks, I guess?

I set down my phone, smiling a little at his last text. He was so sweet.

But..I have so many questions..Why would he put his number in? I barely even knew him? Why would he even want to talk to me? Oh well, who knows, maybe I could be friends with the guy.

I shrug the weird feeling in my stomach, grab an apple, and told my mom that I'm going for a walk.

I like taking a stroll in the morning, before I get lazy and not want to do it anymore. Besides, San Diego is a beautiful place, nothing like what I've seen in Victorville.

I grabbed a shawl, remembering how cold it was yesterday, and slipped out of the house. It was peaceful at this time, not many cars around or people, which was always nice. I decided to stop by at the beach, since it was literally 8 minutes away.

I walked around, entering the beach as scanned the area. The waves were calm this early on the day, and it felt nice without so many people around me.

There were very few people on the beach, just an old couple and a man around my age with a guitar. I squinted. Wait a minute. Is that. What was his name again? The guy who dropped his wallet. Yeah, its him. Should I approach him?

After conducting a debate in my head, I decided to go over to him. Just to say hi, and then I can just leave. It's not that hard Serenity, stop overthinking things.

I approached him, and when he looked up from the guitar and noticed my presence, he smiled at me. "Oh hi!" He says to me, and I smile, waving.

I made a daring move and sat next to him, our bodies a few feet apart. Ugh I should have asked first. Whatever. I arched an eyebrow at him, signaling to the guitar, "I didn't know you could play."

"Yeah, it's one of my hobbies. Well, besides dropping wallets," he says teasingly, to which I chuckled. "Do you live here?" He asked me, to which I nodded, "Yeah, with my mom. It's not far from here. You?". "Oh, I just came here to, you know, take a break from all the fuss. But, I'm from Canada,"he explained. "Hah, paparazzi after you?,"I teased. "Hah, you wish I'm just a simple guy who loves music,"he chuckled, looking deep into my eyes.

I lower my gaze, blushing a little. "So, play me something,"I say to break the silence. He lightly chuckles & smiles,"Okay Señorita,"he jokes. "I'm not Latina,"I giggle, playfully hitting his shoulder which he grinned at.  

I move a little bit closer to him, & tie my long dark hair into a ponytail. "Here's a little something,"he said, beginning to strum on his acoustic guitar. I've never heard this song before, but it was breathtaking.The melody was so beautiful, the smell of the ocean mixed with the soft breeze blended with the music.

He seemed like he was such a nice guy & caring too. I'm starting to feel like this whole friend thing isn't that hard. I think I could get the hang of it if everyone here is as nice as him.

He finished playing his beautiful tune & looked at me, smiling,"So, what do you think?,"he asked. I paused for a dramatic effect."Hmm, it was...amazing!,"I cheer. We both began laughing,"You had me there for a second,"he chuckled.

"What's your name, I forgot,"I ask."I'm hurt, how could you forget, my name's Shawn,"he responded, clutching his hand to his heart as if I hurt him. Oh so dramatic. It was kinda cute though. Wait what am I saying? "Sorry it just slipped," I said.

"It's alright, but you better not forget it the next time we meet,"he chuckled. Next time? He wants to meet again? I'm kind of happy. I raised an eyebrow at him, "Next time?". "Yeah, why not?,"he says all innocent like,"wanna meet at the cafe a few blocks away from here tomorrow?,"he asked, getting up & putting his guitar back into the case.

I quickly get up & hesitate,"S-sure,"I say, smiling. He pauses, staring into my eyes,"Okay, great, I'll text you & yeah,"Shawn says, waving goodbye.

I stand there for a second taking in the moment. I think I may have actually made a friend, YES!